Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposal

Default Re: Proposal

DH went with A and it was beautiful! He surprised me while watching the sunset on the rooftop of our cave house (hotel room) in Santorini, Greece. We bought a cheapo ($25) ring the following day which I wore the rest of our travels (several months back packing) until we bought the real deal in Hong Kong, which we chose together. I had the ring remodeled once home in Australia, after we'd had it valued.

I absolutely love the thought of DH's proposal, it still gives me goose bumps almost 10 years later!

Default Proposal

I was B. DH booked a weekend away in a hotel in the city for my birthday. He had asked for my parent's blessing months before. He bought a ring that he thought I would like with the intention I could pick a "proper" engagement ring later. He took me to a fancy restaurant and dropped to his knee. It was just perfect. I was horrified that he wanted me to pick another ring because the proposal ring held all the meaning for me and that's what I kept as my engagement ring. We got married 18 months later and have been married for almost 9 years.

I don't think it matters. But I want jewellery.

We married through mutual agreement. There was never any proposal as such. There was also never any bling. 22 years later, we're still married, so we musta done something right.

But, really, jewellery. Diamond(s). Pink. Ta.

My first husband surprised me with the question and the ring. I didn't like the ring he picked, but I wore it anyway and then sold it once we divorced.

With DH - we didn't ask each other, I just asked him what date he thought we should get married on, and he picked a date - 8.5 years later and I still don't have an engagement ring lol

I'd like to add today that I'd be pretty damn happy to find my Mr Right and have him propose in any of the options! Sparkly things, in any format would be accepted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12