coloured popcorn
    jelly in diff colours
    m&m's
    skittles
    fruit platter
    cookies in diff colours
    freckles
    fairy bread

Need ideas for party bags to take home too!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Dec 2008

Re: Rainbow theme party

Pinterest have heaps of rainbow party ideas.

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

Rainbow sandwiches (eg layered tomato, cheese, spinach leaves)
    Zucchini slice with carrot, capsicum, spinach, bacon
    Fruit skewers/toothpicks (strawberries, blueberries, orange, grapes, kiwi etc)
    Coloured water ice cubes for drinks

Rainbow layered birthday cake (or a cake tower of cupcakes dyed different colours/in coloured cases with coloured sprinkles of choice)

Party bags - coloured balloons, stretchy animals in different colours, small pack of Smarties or jelly beans, coloured eraser or sharpener, pack of colouring pencils, coloured notebook, rainbow pencil (you know, the ones with lots of different colours in the lead)

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2010

Rainbow fruit skewers.

Rainbow Bunting or rainbow order balloons.

I would check pinterest so many inspirations on there!

BellyBelly Member

May 2010
    Land of Dreams

Pinterest started doing my head in!
    Thabks for all the ideas... Hopefully I can pull off this party.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2010

Will you attempt the rainbow layer cake with white icing on the outside?? DD1 had a rainbow party when she was little and I bought a slab of sponge from the bakery decorated it with blue butter icing and made a huge rainbow out of smarties it looked awesome!

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

platter of dipping things/bitey things in rainbow pattern
    - cherry tomatoes (red)
    - snow peas/broccoli (green)
    -cheese (yellow)
    - kabana (
    -eggplant dip (purple)
    - orange pieces/cheeses/dry bikkies (orange)
    etc

BellyBelly Member

May 2010
    Land of Dreams

Usually I get a cake made, but I'm going to attempt my own cake this time!

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

Rosetti - I like to make my own cakes, but have no talent whatsoever. That's why the individual cupcakes are a winner for me! I also loved ladybirdflies idea - I reckon even I could handle that, lol!

BellyBelly Member

May 2010
    Land of Dreams

I've been on YouTube 'learning'. I can see a disaster forming, but my friends know I'm not the worlds most talented baker. Thinking of doing a trial run this weekend lol

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2011
    Perth

You could make a big platter of fruit in the shape of a rainbow, each strip of colour is comprised of various fruits or vegges in that colour.

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

I'm having a rainbow themed party for my baby shower

Sooooooo many ideas of Pinterest - but even google images has heaps too!

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2011
    Perth

Rainbow pinata!

Or pinata cupcakes filled with rainbow colours (lots of examples of Pinterest)

If you have a table set up for the little ones to sit around while eating make their names up in multi coloured alphabet fridge magnets or you can get alphabet crayons from Etsy or Ebay. Could become part of their take home party favour gift.

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

we had a rainbow theme for one of our DDs birthdays. we had a rainbow layered cake and little cups of rainbow layered jellies. i think had cupcakes topped in different colours and arranged on the stand with little paper rainbow toppers that i made.

for the take home bags it was again paper rainbows that i made stuck onto paper bags with rainbow ribbons tying them up. inside were glitter glues etc.

for party prizes i went to smiggles and had as the Big Prizes those rainbow pencil cases as they had a 2 for 1 deal happening at the time. they were a HUGE hit for both the boys and girls.

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2011
    Perth

Ok I need to stop posting here but just saw a rainbow theme party on the site Babyology. If you go into the section 'show us your party' it should be near the top.

Jan 2006

How about making red cabbage indicator, then let children play at magic colour changes outside with acids and alkalis? (I mean lemon juice, vinegar, bicarb, soap etc. Not 2M HCl. Colour change chemistry is so much fun for small children and this is not harmful.)

Ok, not for them to eat but still food related. Except soap.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Nov 2008
    Melbourne

I made a rainbow cakes for ds3's christening. Instead of layering I just added colours alternatively into the centre of the cake tin then let it cook. Turned out a awesome. I then did chocolate ganach and put blue fondant stars all over it. But the cake was most impressive

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

I'm so excited about rainbow themed party now and I haven't even Googled or been onto Pinterest! And I've just realised DS is 4 in less than two months....wonder if I can convince him to have a rainbow party theme...

Another idea for the party or take home party bags....Coloured curly straws, or, do what I always do and buy bendy straws then print out little pics, punch holes and attach (like bought ones but way cheaper and for any theme).