Thread: Treasure Hunt

Default Treasure Hunt

I remember some of you ladies mentioning doing a "treasure hunt" for your partners to give them a gift.

How do you do it? What type of clues do you give? Do you put mini gifts along the way? What is normal the main gift at the end?

Default Re: Treasure Hunt

Awww, are you thinking Valentine's Day? Haven't even thought about it.... Better sub for ideas myself!

Our Valentine's tends to be flowers and a special meal (we did joke that this year's gift could be a couple of hours sleep!!)

Sleep is the best gift ever!! That and time lol!

I was thinking for our anniversary because it's the week after

I've done this for my partner (in the past) but it was a bit of a fail because my clues were too cryptic PMSL.

I've also done this for my kids from time to time. I usually put a bit of thought into it and try to make the clues rhyme like a poem. Usually this means sending them to 3-4 different spots to find other clues (written on a small square of paper and hidden). Each clue talks about the next location, final location is the gift.

For Valentine's Day, you could use a "Roses are Red, Violets are blue" style rhyme (dead easy) and place a heart-shaped chocolate at each spot with a clue for the next. OR you could just hide a dozen somethings (chocolates, small ribbon roses, whatever) and tell your partner they can have their "prize" (*insert any prize of your imagining *) once they have found every single one of them.