Thread: A WooHoo! Awesome day of wedding planning!

Wink A WooHoo! Awesome day of wedding planning!

Just thought I would share as I was kind of going through a stage of being a bit of a downer on my own wedding plans. Probably due to being overloaded with work for a few months and the stress from certain family members (other threads people might remember).

Well being on holidays and stuck at home today and DD having a lovely sleep, I have gotten back into it.

CHAPEL and RECEPTION VENUE - DONE!
    A beautiful chapel in Fiji which is mainly all glass (and airconditioned thank goodness) which is on the headland of Denarau Island and the reception will be at the resort poolside on the deck and facing out onto the ocean under the stars with fairylights going up ito the palm trees. Bliss!

WEDDING DRESS - DONE!
    I ordered my dress 10 days ago (it was getting discontinued so instead of the original end of Feb deadline to order and havignthe chance to get down to the size I want, I got sprung with 1 weeks notice to order) but its ordered none the less and can always be taken in (which it will when I lose another 10-15kg)

INVITATIONS - DONE!
    Found the ones we like. Am ordering all the card stock and am going to save myself over $200 by doing the printing myself. The card stock and stuff willall be precut for me and hpefully easy to put together. Will do that one with my bridesmaids I think!

BOMBONIERE - DONE!
    Doing 2 different things (so its alternate). One is a gorgeous kitchen timer with a champagne bottle in it and its says "It's about time!" - So appropriate for us as we ahve taken our time to tie the knot! The alternate thing will be a beautiful box of 2 soaps in the shape of hugs and kisses (x and o) and the box says "Hugs and Kisses from Mr and Mrs..."

PHOTOGRAPHY- DONE!
    Met a great photographer who actually flew over to photograph our friends wedding last September and he is going to come over and do ours as well. Got him for a bargain price and his work is outstanding. The best thing is he knows us already and has taken photos of us in Fiji before so we know how he works and the detail and passion he puts into his work. Also mum bought a video camera and a friend of ours is going to video the wedding for us as DF did this guys wedding for him. Oh and did I mention that I got my Dad to pay the deposit for the photographer?? Big breakthrough there!

MUSIC - HALF Done!
    We are having a trio of Fijian guitarists play for a few hours of our wedding reception to set the mood and I am putting together a playlist on my ipod to be played for the last 2 hours of the reception. Have decided to use Jack Johnson's song "Better Together" song as the music to back our dvd slideshow that our photographer will put together for us. Still thinking about songs to walk down the aisle and have our first dance to. I thought I ahd my heart set but now I am not so sure.

FOOD - DONE!
    Canapes and entrees and mains decided! Food is so good over there! Cake will be dessert andI found a lady on ebay wo does beautiful wedding cake toppers that are reasonably priced.

So yeah, I am much more excited now that I have got my head back into the planning stage! 9months and 2days to go until our Fiji Dream wedding!

well done. Sounds really magical.

It really sounds like it's all coming together
    The countdown is on!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Ohhh awesome how exciting!!!

Sounds very special!

YAY!!! how exciting!!!
    its such a good feeling when things get locked in and it starts to all fit together =)

when is the big date?

thanks girls. Such a lovely feeling when you start to see the pieces fall into place.

Getting married 1st September oh and crap...I just realised that it isnt 9months away...IT IS 8 MONTHS AWAY! LOL!

=) so excited for you =)

hun it all sounds soo amazing!!!!

Wow can you do mine? Ive hit a brick wall TBH and we're getting married in Feb!