Thread: Letterbox Delivery

Default Letterbox Delivery

Does anyone know the average or standard rate of pay for letterbox deliveries? Does anyone do this for some extra income?

I did it once a couple of years ago. From memory (don't quote me on it!) it's about 2c or maybe 4c a catalogue?? I had an enormous area to deliver to and got paid about $100 for it. Mind you...it's not all it's cracked up to be! I delivered a heap by myself, then it just hit me that there is no way I would get it done on time, I still had a heap to fold up and get ready to deliver and I just knew I couldn't do it...luckily DF stepped in and drove the car and we delivered the rest of the ones I had made up, then threw the rest in our recycle bin. I know, naughty naughty!! But I gave up, and will never do it again!

the rate of pay is attrocious - you've really got to have an alternative reason (NOT the money) to get out and about - like the exercise. they have strict time frames of when they want them delivered, and some can't be delivered together...

my bro and i did it as kids - was pathetic money for the effort really

Hi Kuraiza,

Did you ever manage to find out the going rate for letterbox drops? I'm about to start a business on the GC and want to use this for marketing. One place I looked at is charging me 10c per lettebox which seems quite high to me?

Would appreciate any info you have.

MH, years ago I went out with someone in marketing - letterbox drops are really the LEAST effective way of promoting your business. Low strike rate, printing costs etc xoxoxo