Thread: Online auctions

Default Online auctions

Hi all,

Just curious, are there any SAHM (or dads) who sell on ebay or any other online auctions to bring in some extra cash, or who do it as a job sort of thing? I have been selling bits and pieces from around the house, on and off, for a few years, I would love to be able to do it to bring in some extra cash on a regular basis once I am home with a bub. You hear stories about people who leave thier employment to sell full time, but how successful is it really?

Thanks in advance.

smiles4u Guest

I'm a bit late with my post but thought i'd reply anyway

I sell on both eBay and OZtion ... but for me it's more pocket money rather than income ... Me too would love to make more $$$ but at the end of the day you would need some substantial amount of money to outlay to sell a product/s that would 'hopefully' sell ... Such hard work trying to find 'that product' that would be in demand and in demand on the Net is another market i find

yep agree its hard ya sorta wanna buy things dirt cheap to re sell but there needs to be a market for it. i also used to sell in ebay and now oztion as fee's are cheaper.

Thanks for your replies. Yeah it is a case of you have to spend some to make some. I am the same, just sell for pocket money really. It would be nice to be able to do it reguarly but time is a factor. It would be so nice to be able to sell full time and never have to go into the office, maybe one day! It is handy though to get some extra cash to go towards the bills.

Hi Mitzy.

I know this post is a bit old, but I was browsing and thought I'd add my little post.

I've sold on OZtions before, and it's only caused me trouble as you don't have any protection if you have a no refund or return policy and a customer decides that they don't like/want the item and demand a refund and/or threaten to go to the police if a refund is not given (I've had this happen twice).

I found another Australian Auction site that has no buying or selling fee's and low set up fee's (I think it only cost me 3 cents in total to set up a shop and get verified), the site also gave me $10 credit too, which was helpful.

Let me know if you want the web addy.

smiles4u Guest

Hi Jenna ... i'd be very interested to know too if you can PM me with details ... (Thanks heaps !!!!!!!!)