Thread: Nurses and similar?

Default Nurses and similar?

I'm looking at returning to work soon (have been out of work for 4+years and am an RN) and the place where I want to apply requires 3 referees. Thing is I have nobody to put down as all the plaes I've previously worked staff have changed. So I'm at a loss what to put down as I don't want my application just to be passed over because I have no referees. Anyone else been in this situation? What did you do?

Default Re: Nurses and similar?

I was out of work for 2 years, I still just used my past employers from 2-3 years ago. Do you have any friends who you use to work with?

Sucks trying to get back in it, even after only 2 years out I had places turn me down because it had been too long.

Good luck!

I have not had much time off before so can't help there.

I have recently used references from people that are not RN's, bosses etc. One was an ambulance officer and another a child and family health nurse although I did know her through my old job but had never actually worked with her.

With the new registration requirements its getting harder to return to work especially if 5 years have lapsed. I did hear of one lady recently being told she would have to go back and do her entire training as over 5 years had laps (although not long).

You need to do 3 months full time equivalent in 5 years to remain registered. (Plus. 20hrs CPD )

Yep I'm getting close to the 5 years hence why I'm trying to get back into work. I did try after DS1 was born but got no where and found out pregnant with DS2 so gave up looking.

Another way around it is to sign up for an agency and secure both recent experience and referees that way