Thread: Another Character Name Q...

Default Another Character Name Q...

So my heroine was orginally going to be named Tallulah Williams - her nickname which would be used throughout the story would be Lula.

It was the only name that really "fit" IYKWIM - it was different and a bit quirky without being made up or completely unheard of. But I'm just not 100% convinced yet. I can't imagine her name being anything else but that's just because I can't come up with anything else along the same lines.

The name needs to stand out - but not be made up. It needs be easily pronounced and easily read.

Has anyone got any ideas for me? Should I leave it as it or should it be changed?

start writing with Lula as your main character - if once you've written some, you decide it doesn't fit, then change it. no point fixating on character details, you need to get into the storyline and work from there. if the name doesnt fit the story, then change it once you're into it.

i think it's like anything - get the main body of the story happening - edit the fine points later...

That's where I'm at BG - the storyline is becoming clearer and more defined and I am starting to write a few chapters here and there. It does seem to fit but as I said - I'm not 100% happy.

The name fits her character well - I just wondered if there were similar style names that people could think of before her name becomes set in stone.

Anyone?

Think.. long, dark hair, blue/green eyes, likes to keep to herself, musician (guitarist).

Any thoughts?

Raven

That may not pass the cant be too weird criteria though.

I looked on Nymbler and the only names that came up that seemed suitable were Luella, or Lola

Which one sounds better IYO??

Sophie Williams

Tallulah Williams

Sophie is the only other name I have considered.

fak
    What about Clio/Cleo. The description reminded me of a girl I knew... Cliona.
    Cliona (or Cliodhna if you like the traditional spelling) is an irish name. lends itself to the musical, dark haired green eyes.... etc well in my mind anyway
    hth