Thread: I need "creative" help

Default I need "creative" help

My good friends lost their house in the bush fires this year in King Lake
    I'm putting together a scrap booking album of photos i've managed to collect of people, as they lost all their photos
    I've never done scrap booking before, so hoping this all goes well, but I would really love to write something special at the front, maybe a poem or something but I seriouslly CANNOT write poetry to save my life.
    I would love help with writing a little piece that kinda said something along the lines of what happened, eg On Sat 7th FEb 2009 bushfires blah blah blah, then go on to say that the fires took away everything, but nothing can take away friendship and memories etc

If anyone can help me with this i would be so greatful

Maybe you could google 'bushfire poems' or something of the sort.
    I live near Whittlesea, not far from kinglake and it was one of the scariest times, we were heading to gippsland on that horrible day and were caught near the fires there too.
    I wish your friends all the best and it's such a wonderful thing your doing.

I'll put my thinking cap on - but I also lack the creative bug

I just wanted to say that I think what you're doing is really thoughtful and I'm sure your friends will love it!

if you want to elaborate on what you want - do you want something poetic in what is written (ie, deep and meaningful) or are you looking for something that rhymes (very different! easier, but not always as meaningful) - i'm happy to have a go at it

feel free to PM me details if you want to keep it off the boards - i've posted some of my poems in this section if you want to have a look (and was also under threat from fires the weekend before black saturday so have a bit of an inkling of how scary it was - thankfully nothing happened to us apart from part of our yard burning - but we were evac'd and didn't know til the next day if we still had a home. a lot of friends lost their homes)

Hi there
    thanks for the replies, i've just sat down tonight and started scarpbooking some pages, which actaully have come out really good for someone who has no idea what i'm doing!
    Ava's mum, thats a great idea, will have to google it and see what i can find
    Leesa, thanks for the encourgement!
    Briggy's girl, your help would be appreciated SO much
    Will PM you some more details tomorrow, but i'm not too fussed if its rhyming or just a beautiful written piece, i just want something to show that they're never far from our thoughts, even months afterwards, and that even if this is only something so tiny for them, i just want to be able to help them out....kinda thing.... haha

I just seriouslly can't string something together to get that point across in a well written way, i'm useless at words!

Oh, and basically the idea of the poem, blurb, whatever it is, is to put on the very first page, to kinda show why i did it for them, what happened that lead to all this, eg the fire that caused them to lose everything, and so that when they look back at it years to come, while its always going to be a big part of their lives, the expereience they went through, that out of it the positive memories of friendship and love is what they can dwell on.

See...i suck at this part!

will see what i can come up with when dd stops feeding

BAH!! baby brain is killing my creativity! or maybe it's trying to keep it short but meaningful - it's damn hard cos i have so much going on in my head from my own experiences! i was laying in bed last night thinking of what to include (yes, i was BF and bored lol) - i will try to put together a rhyming piece (that's what was playing in my head) a little later, but here are a couple of things i came up with while BF earlier

Life is filled with moments - some good, some terrible - that change our lives and define who we are.

Saturday, February &, 2009, was one of those moments.

The Black Saturday bushfires will live on in the memories of all Australians for generations. and, for some, this tragic event has changed their lives in ways so many will never truly understand.

a lifetime of your memories perished along with your home on Black Saturday. i could never hope to replace them all, but within these pages, you'll find photos of moments shared with friends and loved ones.

your life has shaped by the events of that day. so much has changed and will never be the same. but the love of your friends remains constant and will be with you always

History is filled with moments that have shaped our lives. from the smallest gathering of friends, to events that have made world news. All of them make a difference to who we are - some in the smallest of ways - others that are life changing.

The events of Black Saturday, February 7, 2009 - were lifechanging. the tragedy and loss of that day are immeasurable.

your life has shaped by the events of that day. so much has changed and will never be the same. but the love of your friends remains constant and will be with you always
    within the pages of this book i hope to fill your heart with the memories and love of those friends

this is a five minute effort with a baby getting grumpy - if it's not what you're after (or if you want more about something in particular) let me know

BG

the day was like no other
    Black Saturday had dawned
    no warning of what would happen
    on that hot and windy morn

the fires burned uncontrolled
    so many homes were lost
    memories smouldering sadly
    some paid the ultimate cost

theres nothing we can do or say
    to make up for what is gone
    but in amongst the tragedy
    your memories will live on

within these simple pages
    lay memories of times we've shared
    to remind you that, no matter what
    you'll always know we care

i would then add something personal along the lines of

_________ - this album can never replace all the memories lost during the tragic fires on February 7, 2009 - but i hope it serves as a reminder of the friends that love you and will be there for you as you rebuild your lives.

You are fabulous... Love this...

Life is filled with moments - some good, some terrible - that change our lives and define who we are.

Saturday, February &, 2009, was one of those moments.

The Black Saturday bushfires will live on in the memories of all Australians for generations. and, for some, this tragic event has changed their lives in ways so many will never truly understand.

a lifetime of your memories perished along with your home on Black Saturday. i could never hope to replace them all, but within these pages, you'll find photos of moments shared with friends and loved ones.

Thanks a million! Its so very much appreciated

no probs hun

glad i could help - you're doing a really nice thing for your friends