Thread: I need help with an assignment!

Default I need help with an assignment!

I need someone to have a read over an assignment I have written. It's for and English subject and I have been getting absolutely nailed over grammer, sentence structure and punctuation - even though I'm pretty good these markers are absolutely merciless and are picking up every single fault.

If anyone can help, I will PM you what I have written. It's a review of a poem and we have to write what literary techniques are used and how they shape the meaning of the poem.

Thanks!

I would like to help but English was never my strong point. Sounds like a really crap assignment! I dreaded getting ones like that.

PM me if you want. I can have a gander but I probably can't do any better than you lol

You can PM me if you like Trillian (it will be a good way for me to see what I'm in for when I start studying the dip ed. next year, as in 2012)....not sure how I will go with it though!! I can do spelling pretty well, maybe a bit of grammer for you I used to be good at english in my younger years, though nowadays, it's rare I use my brain much!

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

id love to take a look, although like Artechim, poetry was never my A+ subject and I doubt I could do anything as good as you. However, that said sentence structure, grammar and general assessment writing were my stronger features at Uni when doing my Education degree. What course are you doing Trillian, if you dont mind me asking
    Damn hard markers and they're power of the pen!

I'll have a look for you I can't guarentee I can spot anything more than you but I'll give it a go The more eyes the better (maybe, unless we confuse you more!).

Feel free to PM me

Thanks for you offers to help! Sunny, it is to get my Band 4 english qualifications for my Bach Ed. All teachers need to have a minimum Band 4 level pass in English and Maths now. I will PM it to you all now.

ETA - I also need to know if it makes sense to you or if there are any parts that you have to re-read to understand what I'm trying to say.

also feel free to PM me ... my mother is an editor, and I have inherited her genes ...

I can read over it if you like? I did 3 unit English at school (100 yrs ago) and obviously teach it now although only infants/primary!

Wow, now I'm feeling slightly underqualified, lol!!!! Hehe, the more eyes the better though...maybe!

ooo, now i'm itching to get my red pen out sounds like you've got plenty of help already though. hope you can satisfy the markers

I can have a look at it too if you like - actually DH and I- he can look at grammar, I'll look at content. When do you need it by?

I'll swap - you read my assignment (6000 words!) and I'll read yours. Might force me to pull my finger out and get these final 1500 words nailed!

Aww I just love this community! Good luck with the assignment Trill.

Trill looks like you have plenty of helpers but pls feel free to send me stuff anytime. I've done a bit of editing in my time, perfect score in hsc English and generally anally attentive to detail. Pmsl