Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2010 !!!

Peanutter, how many pages in a paperback novel does 50k words translate to?

yo, party peoples!!

50K works out to roughly 175 pages. So a novella - or "part 1" of the next masterpiece of the century!

go team belly!!

I find that I tend to write very character driven stories, so when when one characer is running hot, I'll put the chater numbers and a really brief thought for the other threads in (Chapter 14 - Katie finally gets to Gipsland and meets Bob while putting up her tent (badly) and gets invited to Timbucktu; Chapter 15 - next bit about Beth ... still at work?) and then keep going with the red hot one.

And of course if the red hotness fades then I'll keep going with other characters.

If I get really stuck, I go to the end of the document, do a line of *** and then type more stuff ... back story, scene description, a future chapter which we haven't got to yet ... it all counts, because it's all going towards the book. It might get edited out later, but creating it and getting it onto the screen/page is King, and if you're doing that, it counts!

T-2 ... getting close, ladies!

Please consider it ... and kick me up the bum if I don't have 10K by the end of next weekend!

ladies, start your engines ...

OOOH yeah! Sorry peanutter, gonna give it a miss this year - not enough fiction in me right now - but am going to apply myself instead to my non-fiction project. Just maybe not to the tune of 50K.

Good luck for you though, please do share your progress/thoughts etc...you know it's all fuel on the fire for me next year.

How are you going?

have begun! but might abandon current story for a new idea I had today ... will decide tomorrow, and post word count up

Woohoo peanutter, I was thinking of you in my lunch hour yesterday, wondering whether you were typing away frantically somewhere LOL.

Peanutter - What are you at? I'm around 5k at the moment and nap time has commenced. Hoping to get ahead of my daily quota before the weekend of sidetracking occurs!

Wow Kamarine, didn't realise you'd registered as well. Keep going, sounds like you're going really well!

Thanks Marydean. I used to write so much. I've gotten rusty now though, so it's very disjointed. Oh the urge to stop and edit!
    The hardest part I've found in previous years (and in life sometimes) is not getting started, it's keeping the motivation.

Oooh Kamarine, 5k! You go girl! I've only managed a measly 1800 words so far. I'd better get moving...

I'm so far behind already ... I'm planning on catching up on the weekend!

But I totally understand the sentiment about trying not to edit as I go ...

I'm considering putting the current story on the back burner, and starting another book I have in mind... will have to make a firm decision today and I plan to have 10K done by Sunday night.

25,000 by the end of the weekend or bust!! I don't want to be writing the 17,000 words in the final 28 hours like last time!!

and I've gone with story idea #2 ... I really like my other book idea, but want more time to consider the characters properly first ...

how are girls going, kamarine and eluned?

anyone else taking the plunge? It's not too late

**trying to close BB window, and type...**

see you soon!

Peanutter, I was just thinking of you & Kamarine & Eluned as we were driving home about an hour ago, wondering how you're getting on! How far are you off your 25K?

As luck would have it, I find this half way through the month! LOL

Oh well, 3k words a day was never an issue before - why would it be now? Oh yeah, deadlines. Darn it.

At least it will motivate me to finally write that story I have been mulling over. Thanks for sharing peanutter.

ummm....yeah.....there was a book writing thingy happening?.... LOL....I've kinda fallen off but I think about it every day. I should really get back into cause I really have enjoyed writing my 3000 odd words so far....gotta lot of catching up to do...not sure where the story is going, starting out all lovey dovey stuff.

24K down, 26K to go!!

Oh wow Peanutter. THat's awesome!

I'm only at about 22k words. I fell behind a bit! Trying to frantically catch up. I am SO determined to finished.

Whats yours about?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast