Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2010 !!!

maybe ... maybe when it's finished ...

I'll take a maybe

Just popping in for the NaNo wash up - how did it all go?

just over 72K

Woohooo!! Are you really on a roll now, do you think you'll just keep rolling til you've got it all out, or is real life making increasingly incessant demands now the month is over?

the incessant demands have arrived

but I hope to finish everything off soon!

Wow Peanutter, that's amazing.

Kamarine, well done!!!

peanutter, you're a pro! Thanks for introducing this to me. I am definitely in again next year where I'll hopefully have more time to write more. When I get five or so minutes spare, I think I'll continue on writing what I started this time and see where it goes.

well done, ladies!!

we'll have to get into again next year

Eluned & Peanutter. Definitely have to go together next year!

Eluned - last year I wrote about 3-4k words. And Im pretty sure Peanutter and Marydean are a big reason why I finished this year haha.

Kamarine...OMG i can't believe I missed your post where you told us you MADE IT!!! Massive well done! Not that you need us telling you how awesome it is...you already know that yourself

I've been looking into this again, and I'm going to do it this year. EEEKKKKKK!

Anyone else?

Can you continue working on something you've been working on, or does it have to be something new?

I write book good.

It's supposed to be a totally new work.

Lots of people break that rule

I'm in.

[hey, that's 20 words already!! Now it's 28 ... ]

Hmmmmmm......wanting motivation to continue writing what I've started. So might break the rule and see if I can add 50,000 to what I have already. Let's face it...I might only have one in me!

Naughty naughty!

I reckon you can count the emoticons as words.....after all, you have to type a word to get them :P

this is very very true ...

I am very tempted to write the second 50K of my first novel too ... I started it for Nanowrimo 2008 and have hardly touched it since ... last year I wrote about DS's birth and the complications afterwards ... it was hard but I really needed to get it all out ... I'd made notes throughout the process, but there's a lot to be said about writing it all out - I did about 80K over the first two weeks!

Compared to 2008 when I was going great guns, but then fell behind and ended up having to write the last 17,000 in the last 28 hours!!

I got there, though ... I mean hey, who needs sleep, provided that you've got enough coffee

80K in two weeks! That's sensational! Hope that writing it out was healing for you

I was always a good writer, as in could just go for it and the words would flow. And then I started looking at it from a publishing perspective and hit the wall. Struggle ever since. I'm hoping to go back to basics and just finish what I've started, write it for me, not for anyone else. That's the plan anyway!

yes. sometimes some brain dumping is needed ... I actually started turning the computer screen off, to prevent me from trying to edit as I typed - I wrote sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much faster, and it meant that the flow kicked in within a paragraph or three, and rather than having one page of brilliance at the end of a session, I'd have a few lines of crap, a few paragraphs of fluff, and then 5 - 10 pages of real narrative, action, character development, etc ...

and let's face it - the hard part is getting it out.

the time consuming part is the editing, the research, the checking, the fixing of continuity errors, etc - but that is all very very doable, once the words are in the pages, and once we've figured out what the story actually is

that's what I find, at least

the thing that I will actually be struggling with this year is that I haven't actually enjoyed writing since DS's birth ... I just lost all enjoyment from most of my hobbies, so I am really, really hoping that I will be able to do Nanowrimo this year and just get back into loving writing ...

I know it's a big ask and it's awfully simplistic, but I hope with all the writing vibes and creative juices flowing from everyone around me, that the feelings and desire will just snap back into place.

Does that sound ridiculous?

Love the idea of turning the screen off! I might put a towel over the laptop screen...have no idea how to turn it off!

11 days to get my brain into gear and not chicken out. I CAN do this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast