Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2013

I'm only 500 words in but I've stumbled onto a proper direction for once so when I have a moment, I think it will start pouring.

Good work !!

I'm finding it much more difficult this year than the last time I did this. Maybe because I care about this story a lot more. I find myself stopping to research things and to make each paragraph perfect.

I'm only at 900 words but it is all there, in my head, ready to piece together. If I keep this pace I'll be finished in April... that isn't so bad, I am really excited by what I've written so far so that's something.

I'm bragging, I know, but I'm at 10,000. yay me. Had a good day. It really helps to actually have a clear idea of where you're headed with a story, huh?

Wow, that's brilliant! Definitely, go you!! I thought hitting 3k was good haha. We haven't had our weekend yet (non-traditional working week) so hoping I can push forward a bunch then when I have a bit more time.

Oh my goodness MadB!

I looked back at my last NaNoWriMo statistics and apparently had a slow start then too with a bunch of no word days thrown in too so feeling less worried about falling behind now... Can see the image here.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm planning on doing an hour of 12WBT and 2 hours of NaNo.

Wish me luck!!

My confession- today was the first day I wrote anything at all this November! Haven't counted words yet but got a good hour and 45 in today before DD woke up.

So I'm not doing too well. About 1600 over two days then today only 460 words.

What times of the day are you all writing?

Perhaps you'll get more of a chance over the weekend? I write during the day, by 5pm my brain powers down to essential life functions only.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far behind.

But the weekend is upon us, *and* I've already locked out three days of annual leave last week, and have planned to go to the library every day armed with coffee and muffins, and basically not come out each day until I've done 5-10K words.

I've done 17K in 28 hours, so it can be done!!

My very bruised coccyx might be an issue, though...

Normally I do 1K at work (around lunchtime) and then another slab every few days in the evening. Most of weekends.

I can't really write while my DD is up, well I could but it doesn't feel right and if she knows she's 'neglected' and I'm not looking she climbs to the top of precarious items of furniture or dumps dirt in the house, things like that. I usually write when she naps so that's 2-3 hours but only two week days as I work three days. Then come late afternoon I'm like you MadB, my brain doesn't run smoothly- or creatively! i might need to put in some weekend writing.

I've only nailed about 3K. I need to do more, but it's so painful to sit. My tailbone got very badly bruised the weekend before last, and it's taking its sweet time to heal up.

Bugger, that sucks. Ring cushion? Write standing up?

I was going to order one of those rings, but then I saw the price and figured, "it's a bruise, it'll be better in a week" and decided not to get one. Silly decision.

I need to try a swiss ball or something, but until then, I just change positions constantly, and just hurt everything else trying to get a comfy position.

4067 words.

could you figure out some other solution using cushions on either arse cheek or something? Anyway, you're making progress.

everything hurts after a while. Sitting with folded towels is sweet relief - for about 20 minutes, then it hurts my bum. Sitting far forwards is good for 20 minutes - then it hurts my knees. Sitting "side saddle" is great - for about 20 minutes, then it hurts my hip.

Etc.

But I'll get there

I'm doing a sartorial piece.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast