Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, April '05

Awww Tanya, the pics of Em & Violet are soooo cute!

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - congratulations on your graduation! Can't wait to see the pics. I agree with Sarah. The photos of Em and Violet are awesome.
    Ikwym about expressing. When I rang the ABA the other night, she told me not to concern myself with expressing as yet. She said that sometimes it can take 8 weeks for BFing to fully establish itself! So, perhaps the expressing will be easier further down the track.

Sarah - she also told me that having a c-section can delay your milk coming in and make BFing more difficult. I don't know about you, but I was told in hospital that my c-section wouldn't affect my BM. So, there you go! Amazing how many different opinions there are out there!

I am slowly filling my kitchen cupboards. It's great! The plumbing is getting done today then the electrics will be done next week (hopefully Tuesday). By the end of next week I should have a fully functioning kitchen for the first time in like 6 months! Woo hoo!

Yay Deb - thats great news on the kitchen!! Cant wait to be invited to a dinner party at your place.... Just kidding. Can you think of anything worse than a dinner party and a baby?? The mind boggles.....

Tanya - congrats on graduation. And your photos are wonderful. I love your Eminem T with the new baby. In 20 years time your little ones will be saying - whos that Mum?? LOL.

Trish - I think I'll send Shane to "that" drs appt..... I couldn't watch when the midwife did the heel *****, although in the end Jenna barely flinched!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - maybe not a full on dinner party but I will definitely have you guys over for tea at some stage. I am not the worlds best cook but I don't do a bad job!

LOL @ Violet asking who Eminem is... either that or she will say "Mum, you were such a dag for liking him!". LOL

Deb I wasn't told anything about breastfeeding at the hospital at all. BUT the day we were leaving, on of the midwives told me that it takes longer for the mik to come in after a c/s. This was after I told him that we were having dramas. Also, yay on the kitchen finally getting fixed up. I bet you're loving it.

Yay on your graduation Tanya, I bet it's a relief to finally have it out of the way. Did you see on the news last night that a guy proposed to his girlfriend at her graduation in Sydney? Apparently they had the chancellor in on it & everything!! Poor little Violet, I hope she's better today.

Good idea on the panadol before the needles Trish, I'll have to remember that too. Zander had to have about 8 heel *****s over the 3 days we were in hospital & he hardly cried at all, so I just hope that in a few weeks time when he gets his needles he'll be ok. Oh yeah, and how's the poo situation going?

Aww Scarlett, poor Emily with her needles. Or should I be saying something like poor mummy? I am sooo not looking forward to needle time here.

Last night was ok. Zander & I watched a (really lame) movie on Foxtel at mum's while dad watched the footy here with Aaron. We got home at 11.00 and we had 2 friends here who had come for the footy as well. They didn't leave until after 12.30 & I just could not get Zander to sleep. Everytime he'd doze off they would clang something really loud in the kitchen or drop something or just generally be loud & he'd start again ](*,) He finally went down at 1.15 but was pretty unsettled all night.

This whole constipation business is getting very old. Poor Trish worrying about all the poo she has to deal with & I am worrying about not enough LOL!! I went to the chemist & they suggested Coloxyl drops. I gave him some on Thursday & we had a nice (very stinky as well) soft dirty nappy, but nothing since so I've given him some more drops just now. It's insane, we give him meds to stop the reflux then have to give him more because the first lot make him constipated #-o Will see if we can do something about it this week at our 6w appointment.

Still way too much poo happening in this house. Noah has hit top gear with it again ](*,) When I was at the Dr's last week I mentioned his ongoing gastro and she said that if it stuck around much longer then they will have to get a stool sample (I wonder who is going to have to get that) to see if he has another sort of bug. Looks like we may have to do that.

Sarah, yuck at guests staying that late when you have a little baby. When I was with my ex and we had Joel his cousin and her partner used to do that all of the time. Stupid thing is they had a little baby too that they obviously didn't care about having outin the middle of the night.

Tanya congrats on your graduation. Well done sweety. Cute pics of Violet too.

Deb, Lucky you at having your Mum and Sis over for a while to help out. Noah has his own little cupboard too ( i hide my lollies in there from the big boys) Fantastic that the kitchen is coming on great too.

Fi, Mark always seems to get out of things like immunisation time. Tehya is already booked in for hers and Mum is coming with me. She gets the joy of holding her.

Tehya has been a bugger today. Barely slept at all. Joel had footy and she stayed awake right through that and finally crashed out this afternoon when I got home around 4.30 then woke again at 5.30 had another feed and she has just gone back down. Oh did I mention that we left home just after 11 and she had been awake from around 10am. Little 5 minute catnaps here and there. She still has a slight case of the runs too. Snuffy nose is back again, kept us waking up on and off last night. Does it ever end....

Take care
    Trish

yanno deb, we are gonna wanna see pics of this kitchen when it's finished yanno! O

I hope Tehya has a better night for you tonight Trish. Poor little Noah having gastro again Poor mummy for having to clean all those yucky nappies.

As for me, I'm about to hit the hay. We had organised 2 weeks ago for Alexzander to stay with his granma & granda (my parents) one night on the long weekend. I figured that seeing as he stayed there the other night, when I had my meltdown, that we wouldn't be doing it anymore. Mum's comment was that Thursday was an emergency babysit, but this one is a planned one! So I have just left, had a few tears cos my bubba is going to be away for probably 12hrs. It's stupid cos he's only next door, but it was so hard to come home without him.

I hope everyone has good nights & all the bubbas sleep well.

Just realised, I must sound like the worst mum ever, palming my baby off all the time 8-[ Rang mum & said the same thing & she laughed at me! I don't want him to think I'm abandoning him from when he's young. Told mum if he needs me to ring no matter what time, but I know she won't.

Oh geez I crap on, I really should stop thinking. Sorry guys, just being stupid over here!

LOL Sarah. You poor chook, I'm sure that Zander was fine and that you enjoyed a good nights sleep. If your Mums ever craving a baby to look after I have a couple here It's always easier to hand them over when they are naughty or giving you a hard time, but when they're good.....Noah has been crying when I leave at preschool again, thats hard but I know he stops not long after I leave.

Well finally the bug has found me. No wonder the little ones have been sooky this gastro is the worst. I swear the cramps are like labour all over again. Atleast those pains gave me some thing worth while and not just poo. We were going to go out car hunting again but it looks like I'm grounded again. So now the 3 of us have it, Noah, Tehya and Me. Still I think I did pretty good not to get it for 4 1/2 weeks.

Take care
    Trish

Trsh you poor thing, still I'm amazed you lasted this long without it. Hope it goes quickly & not stick around like Noah's has.

Would you believe that Zander slept 12.30-7.30 :shock: Little rat is good for granma, but not mum!

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - you don't sound like a horrible Mum at all! Trust me, if I could palm Gabby off to Mum's for the night I would! And she lives half an hour away! LOL It's good that Zander got a good sleep but, yeah, it would have been nice if he did it for you. Once again, your Mum is probably just a little more relaxed and it's a little different for him. Plus, she has had stacks of practice whereas we are just learning. Cut yourself a break!

Trish - oh no,.... I can't believe you have that gastro bug now! Urrgh! That's just what you need. I dunno how you can cope with dealing with other people's poo as well as your own. I hope it doesn't stay with you for too long!

Chrissy - I will definitely put pictures up. I should have taken a "before" photo of the kitchen. Ah well! The floors and walls won't be done for a while but I don't give a fat rat's clacker because I will have my dishwasher and oven. I was just excited to have running water in the kitchen again! LOL

I had my BIL's birthday party last night. Everyone smokes there but, thankfully they smoked outside and then in a different room once Gabby and I settled in the lounge room. I could still smell the smoke but I appreciated that they at least went to another room (pity for my neices that have to breathe it in all the time and have done since they were born!!). I fed Gabby @ about 8pm and she slept through in her pram until 11:15pm but I woke her up for a feed before we left because I was stuffed! We got home and I gave her a bottle. She was down for the count by 1:30am and slept through until 6am which was excellent! I fed her again, changed her bum but then had to change her whole outfit because she weed while her nappy was off! Doh! It took me about an hour and half to settle her down again but she slept until 10:20am so I got another decent sleep. She has been hangin' with Daddy for the last little bit while I had a shower, cooked breaky and bolted out to the computer while I had the chance, LOL. Seize the moment I say! Neil loves it n e way (even if he is hung over! ).
    We have another party tonight. Thankfully there will be stacks of people there with babies and no one smokes inside so it should be good! It's not to bad going to parties and stuff as long as there is a comfy place to BF and you can put the baby to sleep in the pram without worrying about other kids playing with it.
    I think I am going to play in my kitchen some more today (look out next week when I go shopping for baking ingredients!! LOL) and try to sort out the spare room so that we can actually get in the door!

Deb, we've joked that mum's house has a baby sedative in it. I swear whenever he's there he is asleep!! It all sounds very exciting with the kitchen being organised. Maybe you guys will be hosting the next party?! Hahaha yeah right she says!!! Sounds like Neil came home with you last night, definately a good sign

HI Girls,

Trying to type with a baby hanging off your boob isn't the easiest thing, but hey I'll give it a try.

Mark got The Grudge out for us to watch, yet to do it though. MJaybe I will be braver in the day time

Just added some new pics to Tehya's page if your interested. Poor little thing must be getting cramps too, she has a sook then you hear a big fart and all is better. I know how she feels.

Deb, sound like you had a great night out and another tonight you guy's sound like party animals Hope you have a great time.

Sarah, so Zander slept good. Did you? My kids are the same at Mums house, they always sleep good there. Maybe the house is just calmer....

Take care
    Trish

Yep, slept well Trish, took me a while to doze off though. Just checked out Tehya's pictures & those jeans are sooo cute. We watched the Grudge during the day & had to stop it 3 or 4 times for Zander crying. Honestly it was sooo not scary! I think it was cos of the stopping & starting.

Cool Sarah then maye I AM brave enough to watch it. ikwym about having to stop and start movies, we always have to do that around here, if it's not the kids, it's the phone or someone turns up (dad) takes the edge off the mivie hey.

How cute are thoses jeans, the price was even cuter. Our Big W is having big clearance sales, actually so is most of the shopping centre as they are getting ready to close their stores to reopen at the new centre. Anyway the jeans only cost me $5 bargain shopper that I am. Got a whole heap of stuff for Noah for next summer too, all up it cost me $33 most of the stuff was between $3 and $5.

Bummer that you couldn't fall asleep straight away too, always the way.

Take care
    Trish

Scarlett Guest

Hope all are well and either having firmer or more runny poo depending on which you want.

Sarah - we went out last night for dinner and left Emily with Kev's aunt. I felt awful, but she didnt seem to mind one bit. In fact she was perfect right up until she saw us walk in and then decided to crack it - hmmmm master manipulator I think. But don't worry about leaving him as rather than him feeling abandoned it will help him develop certainty that you always come back for him.

Trish - well done on the bargin shopping.

Deb - wish emily slept so well, that sounds fantastic.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yes, Trish. We are party animals, that's for sure! Before I got preggers, I would be either at a party or out on the town having a few just about every weekend. Sunday's were baaaddd hang over days for me. Now they are nice, peaceful days with bubba. It will be a while before I am a party animal again! The new pics of Tehya are great! Wow, they grow so fast! Sounds like you got some bargains from big w!! Brilliant! I can't wait to get the baby bonus, I am gonna go nuts with stuff for Gabby, hehe.

Scarlett - LOL @ Emily being the master manipulator. Isn't that what all children end up doing?? Sounds like you guys are going well. Sorry to hear she isn't sleeping as well as she could.

Sarah - yep, Neil was a good boy last night and he will be the same tonight, he says. I haven't been able to watch and entire movie since we brought Gabby home. The last one I watched some a fell asleep so had to watch the rest of it the next day. It certainly does take the bight out of any movie!

I just recorded all of our video footage we have of Gabby onto various different tapes today. As I finish a little video cassette, I transfer it all onto big videos. I have a video of Gabby's ultrasound so I just tacked onto the end of that. Then I make videos for my neices and nephews of whatever footage I get of them so I have to record everything about 4 times, LOL. It's a bit of cutting and pasting. I am sure digital would be way easier. The funny thing is, once I finish making a 3 hour video of a child's first couple of years, I don't want to give it to them in case they lose it or break it, LOL.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast