Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month to 6 Months, February '05

mooshie Guest

hi girls

just dropping by to let you know that FINALLY after two exhausting weeks of constant night waking lani slept from 7pm to 6am this morning \/ , however ds woke me at 2.30 in the morning cause there was a spider in his room - turns out it was a tiny little bug ](*,) why did he not ask for daddy instead of mummy - i went back to bed but my bb's were so chock a block of milk it was really uncomfy sleeping and i was leaking everywhere #-o lets hope tonight she does it again and it was a hunger thing and not a habit

well hope everyone is doing a ok, i will read up on the posts in the next few days to catch up if i can catch up on my sleep.

see yas

Hi girls, so sorry I wont do personals as I have about 4 pages to catch up on!

Aidan has slept through 2 nights in a row so I am feeling very refreshed! I express and bottle feed him 160ml at 9:30pm and he goes to sleep by around 11pm and wakes up at 6am. Just like most of you girls my bb's are chockers so I get to express which is also good as I like to have a drink now and then but dont like the thought of it affecting Aidan. I guess he should probably go to bed a lot earlier but we are all happy with the routine and thats all that matters. Because he goes to sleep later he wakes up at 6am, feeds then normally goes back to sleep so I am getting a great sleep in until 9-10am. I am loving being a mother and seem to be the only one at mothers group who hates the thought of going back to work. Aidan is such a beautiful baby... sorry, just needed to get that happyness off my chest! I may consider 1 day a week working once I decide to stop breast feeding which may be when Aidan is 6 months but I am just going to wait and see.

Jess

Yay for Lani and Aidan sleeping. Definetly makes happier Mummys!

Now your poor BB's have to adjust again Michelle, hopefully this is your turning point.

Mimo- great news for you and Hannah, weight gain is great. I stick to the routine of putting Jessica to bed when she needs to and there is still plenty of time for visitors to have a hug.

I went to HC yesterday, Jessica only put 200gms on so she weighs 6520gms and seems like she shrunk, was 61cms but was 61.5cms at 4 months, HN must have measured wrong first time LOL. HC is 41cms, so I have a very petite little miss, she is 50th percentile all the weigh. She wasn't worried about the weight gain as Jessica has been unwell and also put on 940gms the month before. She is happy and healthy and that's all that matters. I have noticed a very slight turn in Jessica's left eye, so the doctor today referred me to the Children's hospital to get it checked.

Dr also looked at Jemma's finger and doesn't think its broken but if it is still really swollen in a week I have to get an xray. I complained of breathlessness which I think is related to my back and he said to go to Myotherapy (easier said than done, always so busy), but if I don't go it won't get any better.

Hi Carol, hope you and Cara are well.

I updated Jessica's website if anyone wants a look! I haven't got to Jemma's yet, maybe this weekend when Arron goes away fishing. Dr asked me am I stressed, answer YES! After all 4 kids, a husband who goes off fishing from fri to sun arvo and leaves me with those 4 children, and also as DH works and goes to the TAB, and helps his dad out, everything rests on my shoulders. Wish Arron could absorb my stress while he relaxes.LOL

Better go, Hope your DH got the job Snowy!, Hi to everyone else.

Best wishes Michelle

Jess, I am so glad things are going so well with Aidan, you sound so happy! If you have a routine that you are all happy with then that's all that matters!

Michelle, woohoo at Lani sleeping through last night!

Hey MiMo, I am investigating the Osteopath thing myself at the moment - will let you know what I come up with.

Well, I am generally feeling a lot better about motherhood and am learning how to 'trust my instincts' after feeling for a while that I didn't have any! The problem I have now is that DH and I need to reconcile our different views on parenting. Basically, I am happy to wear Kaleb in the sling for a lot of the day because he is so contented in there and his crying and fussiness has really dropped off. Unfortunately DH sees this as him getting his own way and that he has to learn etc My mother and MIL both think this too - they say that of course I must do what I think is right but then they both shake their heads at me like I'm mad, and continue to phone me up with different advice that they've heard from friends, people at work, shop assistants and so on - it's driving me mad!

Hi Beth
    it's a long road to agreeing on parenting techniques, no two people ever agree. I guess what they are all trying to say is that if Kaleb gets into that habit then it will be hard to get him out of it. And in some ways they are right, but you do need to stay sane and listen to yourself, which it sounds like has taken you a while to trust. So I guess what I am trying to say is if the sling thing is working for you at the moment then that's great. Maybe look at ways which you can get Kaleb to nap other places so that it frees you up some of the time, even if that's the pram and not the bassinette/cot. I often put Jessica in the pram during the day, gives me time to do things I have to do, and things you couldn't do while holding the baby or having them in the sling.

It is easier to say things and much harder to do them of course, and your Dh needs to understand that it isn't easy to get your baby into a routine and to feel human at the same time, so keep trying to talk to him and get him to see why you are doing what you are doing. Of course he must know that you won't be carrying Kaleb in a sling for the next 12 months.

Good luck with it all
    Michelle

Oh Beth I know how annoying that can be! I say do what feels right, and if you have no problem using the sling then continue to use it as long as it feels comfortable. It really peevs me when people talk about babies 'getting their own way' and being 'spoiled'. Babies are not capable of manipulative thought or action. Kaleb will not 'learn' anything if you stop using the sling, except that something that made him feel happy and settled has been taken away from him. Continue to trust those instincts!

Well I got Grace weighed last week and she is now just over 6 kgs. She is doing great and getting nicely chubby!
    A big milestone for me tommorrow - I am flying to Rockhampton tommorrow afternoon to spend the weekend with Stephen and the kids are staying with Grandma! I am feeling nervous about it all, I haven't been away from either of them for longer than a night ever. Mother guilt is rearing it's ugly head, because I am worried that they will miss me or be too much for grandma. At the same time I know that they will probably do neither! And I know that I couldn't be leaving them in better, more loving hands. Plus I really do want to get away to refresh myself and have 'us' time with hubby. Doesn't stop me feeling that guilt though, but that is part of being a mother I guess!

Sorry I haven't done more personals, it's been a while since I looked in here and there were so many posts to catch up on!

Hope everyone is well

Hello girls! Beth, I used to sling Matilda HEAPS when she was little for the first two months, and it really didn't change anything... it was just easier to do things with her in the sling, and I couldn't get her to sleep without major screaming without it. As you saw last week, I still use it sometimes to carry her places & free up my hands...She's safe & content in there and thats great...sometimes thats the only way I get a cuddle in nowadays... and Matilda is the most independant little girl I've come across. She now takes off out the door without a look back... #-o

Anyway... once I got the hang of actually having a baby and got more confidence we worked on getting her to sleep outside of the sling. So... go with your gut!! and btw I heard heaps about how I was spoiling my child and how she would become clingy etc etc... and as you saw, Matilda's not like that at all

spiddles Guest

I refused to do overtime today. Last 2 days have done 2 hours extra each day. I feel like I am going to collapse!!

OMG there is so much to catch up on I dont even know where to start!!

Michelle - Liam loves pumpkin too!! Liam was the smae starting to wake constantly through the night agian so I introduced another solid feed for dinner and it helped YAY!! Our little babies are growing up. He will eat a whole jar of baby food in one sitting now and 3 meals a day with 800-900ml of formula. I really need to start making more baby food of my own and freezing it!! Hows her teething going??

Good Luck with the trip Bon!! Must be scary for you but I hope you do come back feeling nice and refresed.

Welcome Back Pee!!

Have checked out everyones website that have been updated. How cute is everyones babies!!

Liam has given up trying to rawl on his back and has been scooting around on his back all over th lounge room using his arms and legs to push himsel around.

I better run and cook dinner. Sorry for those who I have missed will come back later and catch up more!!

Back again,
    Arron is working so popped in to see what's the go.

The hot water service has **** itself so we have no hot water, it will be mad dashing tomorrow to find one and someone to put it in, 4 kids and no hot water isn't good. All the kids but Jordan got a bath/shower and then I had to heat water on the stove for Jordan's bath. Thank god I live in the times that I do, I would have hated boiling water for baths.

Just watched that new show Medium, and it looks great.

Bon, have a great holiday/trip and hope you get some quality time with Stephen. I am a guilty mother too, and I hate being away from the kids, it has only been in the last couple of years I have let my kids go away with the MIL. But it is good for you to take that time and for them to spend the time with someone else, and I'm sure Grandma will be fine, so try to relax. Grace sounds like she is doing really well. How is Harry? Funny I was thinking about you this arvo, wondering how you were as I hadn't seen you on for awhile.

Spiddles you poor thing, I hope you catch up on your rest soon. Don't worry if you don't get to the making your own food. My first 2 ate cans/jars, and they never suffered. Jemma on the other hand only had fresh stuff, which made it hard when we were away as she refused to eat the cans I brought, too bland tasting. jessica is yet to eat as she still doesn't drink her quota of milk but as I am home I will do fresh stuff, and prob will have the same thing as Jemma.

Anyway, I'm going to cruise the forums
    Goodnight
    Michelle

Beth- I hope I didn't come across wrong, when I re-read the post I was a little worried that it didn't sound how I wanted it to sound.

Try again! You should always do what feels right and what makes you and Kaleb comfortable and trust yourself. I am not knocking you for using the sling, I think it's great you have found a way to console Kaleb and it gives you peace of mind that he is happy.

Cheers Michelle

just a short note from me. packing up my laptop for the next 6 weeks, so in case I go AWOL, it's because I can't log on to bb from my FIL's PC in Sydney.

Snowy

Hi girls

Thought I might try & join in a bit, sarah is asleep. Ahhhhh

Forum Name: MelindaKilby
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 2/11/04
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Sarah Elizabeth
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Colic & dialated renal pelvis. (Suspected urinary reflux)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 5 days early, waters broke 9 days early, Syntocin induced. Gas, pethadine & epidural (topped up twice) vaccuum & episotomy after 10 hours labour due to fetal distress.

Going okay here now, still struggle to get anything much productive done during the day. I use a hug a bub sling when out & at home quite often to try & get things done.

Sarah awake, check back later. Will reply to some posts then, sorry.

Bye

Wohoo! After 5 nights in a row waking up at 1-2am, Lily slept from 9pm to 5am this morning! Yay! I had the best sleep ever. We have an appt today with the CHN at 11am, have a few questions to ask her, so see how that goes. DP flys up to brisbane next thursday for a job interview. I hope he gets it, coz we so wanna move outta here.

Welcome Melinda!

Jess, glad to hear things are going so well with Aidan.

Beth, I just bought a sling for Lily, hasn't arrived yet, but have heard a lot of success stories about them, so will let you know how i go!

Bon, great to hear Grace is doing so well.

Oh I took a photo of Lily the other day, and she was making a funny face and she looks like a muppet. So now i call her muppet and everytime i do she laughes and smiles at me. It's so cute!

Hello to anyone i missed!

Take care,

Off on my mini-break today, I have to say I am feeling better about it today.
    Michelle - thanks for the reassurance, I know (rationally) that the kids will be fine but you can't help having those anxious feelings. But I am definitely going to relax and enjoy having a full nights sleep for the first time in ages! Harry is good, we are experiencing some of the 'terrible twos', he is becoming very willfull and has monster tantrums when he can't get his own way. He is talking so much now, but he has learned some swear words from Daddy (grrr) and his uncles so he just loves yelling out expletives at the top of his voice to see what kind of reaction he gets! I have learned to ignore it, but I am also teaching him to say nicer words.
    Grace is rolling now from back to tummy so when I put her on the floor she immediately rolls over. Then she gets her arms caught under her body and gets upset! She rolls around in her cot too and often ends up sleeping on her tummy. Once I went to check on her and she was asleep on her tummy with her legs dangling out the side of cot, between the bars!
    SIL is pregnant again, I found out last night. I am not supposed to know yet though cos she hasn't told her hubby! She is a bit scared to tell him because they have three kids already and he didn't want any more! But if you don't use any form of contraception then you're asking for it really.
    This will be her fifth pregnancy in 7 years. I don't know how she does it, but if anyone was born to be a mother it's Jo.
    Anyway this wasn't supposed to be such a long post! Better go finish getting organised.
    Have a good weekend everyone!

Pietta Guest

Wow you girls can post!!!

Hehehe I am not the next to move on- although by the way by Ryley is going I should be- Nope it is Tootie and then Michelle and then me!! I am off on the 8th March.

Poor thing Spiddles- must be so tiring *hugs* tyring to juggle so many hats.

Wow Bon your SIL is a baby machine!! hehehe
    Welcome Melinda!!
    Tegan sounds like Lily is doing well!! What a power sleep!!
    Beth i have never used a sling but i know plenty that have loved it- my little man was way to heavy for one of those

Take care all sorry for those i missed

oh and thanks for the WB Spiddles

Oh NO! Is it really me, so soon, I think I will have to be dragged kicking and screaming! LOL I don't want to go! I still have till the 2nd of March so that's not so bad I guess.

We got a Rinaii for $1079 and Arron has a mate installing it, should have it running today but we need another mate an electrician to install a power point. I haven't had a shower and feel awful.

The terrible 2's are fast approaching Jemma as well Bon. Her behaviour has been noticed as worse than usual, so we are in for some fun too. Doesn't it annoy you when males pass on the expletives! I am always on at Arron to watch what he says, but ignoring it is mainly the answer as kids don't understand.
    hope all goes well with your SIL, I know we were a little worried here as I was on antibiotics and there was a problem with a form of contraception we used, but AF arrived so all is well. We both love babies, but the prob is they grow into kids and you have to pay and therefore 4 is enough for us too.

Snowy- have a great time in Sydney, hope the weather treats you nice, esp since you are coming from winter to a very strange summer here in oz.

Hope all goes well at the hospital Tegan and woohoo to your sleep, desperately needed I bet.

Will check in again later
    Best wishes Michelle

awww Michelle...we're not that scary in 6-12 months ...I know it means your baby is growing quickly...

Hi Melinday!! Great to see you in here! Wow time has flown since November! Sarah has suspected renal reflux?? Wow that must be hard, we had to test Matilda for that as well & trying to get a wee sample from an 8-10 week old baby was the hardest thing!!! We went through 6 sample bags and in the end I had to get the MCHN to help do it! I've updated your details

Michelle, you are a wealth of knowledge - I am always open to your advice and will miss you when you move on! Hope the hot water gets sorted soon!

Christy, Matilda definitely is a great example of the sling not having any negative effects - she is a gorgeously independent little girl!

Bon, I hope you have a fantastic weekend away.

Hi Melinda, good to hear from you, I hope Sarah is well.

Tegan, woohoo for Lily sleeping through last night.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast