Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, July '05 #2

Hi Girls,
    I've been sick the last couple of days. I think it was sinusitis... my eyes were burning and I had headaces in my forehead!! I woke on friday night feeeezing cold! I ended up sleeping onthe couch cause wato was too hot from cuddling me (trying to warm me up). Stayed in bed most of the day yesterday and am feeling much better today . Thankfully no-one else has it ...yet.
    Had my nephews 10th bday party on Friday... we all put in and got him a bike... one of West Cost Choppers (looks like a harley) funny enough the bikes name is Jesse James... that's my nephews name. Not sure what his dad thinks of it but I think he'll like it. He's a biker... not sure what type of bike he has, I think he built it himself...? Mean looking think it is! Not a big fan! too many loved ones have come to grief on bikes.

I'm not going to do personals... I need a wash, I haven't had a shower in three days 8-[ ... well I had a short bath with Emily last night but that doesn't count!

Tanya

Sorry to hear that you've been sick Tanya. Ad yucko on no shower for 3 days. I thought I could smell something stinky around here Hope that you are feeling better real soon.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Tanya, sorry to hear you have been sick. It sounds like it was pretty horrid. I hope Violet behaved herself while you weren't feeling the best. That bike you got your nephew sounds really cool! We want to get Gabby a motorbike when she is bigger. Her cousin has once that her Dad painted pink so we are hoping that Gabby can "inherit" it once she is too big to ride it.

Trish - good job on your mammoth post! Yay @ winning 2 meat trays at the raffles. Meat is so bloody expensive these days that it's like gold - definitely worth winning. Sounds like Tehya is interested in solids. I was tempted to let Gabby have a taste of some avacado yesterday but I managed to resist the urge. LOL @ the G-string. *wolf whistle*

Nell - LOL @ all the slobber. It's amazing how much they produce, isn't it? Sounds like Matty enjoys the jolly jumper. You have inspired me to try Gabby in it once again. It has been a few weeks so perhaps she will actually jump in it this time rather than just dangle, LOL.

We ended up at a friend's place yesterday. She has just found out that she is preggo with her 2nd so it was all rather exciting. Lots of baby talk! Gabby was sooooo good all day. She had a couple of naps on their bed and played happily when she was awake. Just one of those days when things run smoothly. She slept 9 hours last night too so no complaining here! I didn't end up going shopping yesterday so I am hoping to get to kmart today. I am going to have a look at a few things for Gabby for Christmas but I am going to try and resist putting too much on layby. I hardly ever get to kmart so laybys there are a pain in the bum. Plus, I know how laybys get treated in that place. I betcha they lose mine!

Good luck with shopping tomorrow Dinky & woohoo on DH having the day off with oyu to do it.

I'm hoping Zander grows out of the reflux soon Deb, Christy said once that Matilda spewed as she was crawling leaving trails behind her :shock: Not something I'm looking forward to! That's great that Gab had a good day yesterday & made up for her bad sleep the other night. How did you go at KMart? Did you get your retail therapy done?

Zander's going well Nell, yeah we do have some good days with the vomitting, but very rarely. We generally go through an absolute minimum of 4 bibs a day - lucky we have heaps!! Aren't the pelvis thrusts hilarious! Zander likes to do it when I'm changing his nappy. Yay on the Jolly Jumper too, Zander has not quite figured his out yet.

LOL at your parents asking for a new wall!! I'm already prepared for the reflux to go on for at least a few more months. Our Dr said he'd grow out of it by 14weeks, but then again he also said Zander would be born at just over 7lb YAY on the solids, are you going to keep her going on them now or was it just a try? How did Brandon's party go?

Oh no at being sick Tanya, hope you are on the mend now. LOL Trish at being about to smell you too!

We're all good here, well except for our pool filter dying which has cost us $850 to get a new one ](*,) Nothing is ever easy is it *sigh*

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - urrgh @ the pool filter. It's always the way, huh? My friends little boy who had reflux grew out of the vomiting as he had more and more solid food so hopefully that will be the same for Zander.

It's absolutely pelting down hail here atm. SOOOO glad I am not out at kmart right now! Neil is up the street tho, hehehe
    I had a look @ the scrapbooking section at kmart... big mistake! Of course I walked out with some paper and other bits and pieces.
    I got myself some new bonds trackies (sooo comfy) and some photo frames. We finally have a picture of Gabby on the mantle! About time.
    I put some peek-a-blocks on layby for christmas and a leap-frog catarpillar that has numbers and sings songs (very educational). They were probably cheaper during the sale but at least I didn't have to queue for ages.
    I don't think I will take Gabby next time. Even tho she had just had a huge sleep, she was sooooo grizzly and annoying. Also, people have no idea how to get out of the fricken way of a pram!! Grrrrr.... I got road rage in the shop I reckon, LOL.

I so know what you mean about people not getting out of the way of prams, actually I think some of them deliberately get in the way! Yay at your purchases, sound slike the retail therapy was good Which Peek-A-Blocks did you get BTW? We got Zander the train with them on it & my sister has bought him the Incrediblock thing which looks very funky!

Hi guys,

My head is too muddled with all the stuff on here, mummy brain and oerload from posts, so I dont think I can say much other than everyone sounds like they aer doing pretty well!
    Jenna will wake up any minute, she has been a shocker over the last few days for sleeping and feeding at night. really annoying.
    I'm getting $3k back in tax which is awesome, and my BB has settled down. Finally!

Fi

Deb - sounds like you have done well at Kmart. We got Matty some peek a blocks as well, can't remember what sort...glad you've got a good scrapbooking section, our Kmart one is pretty crap - very disappointing

Sarah - KWYM on the bibs! Aren't the tie up ones a pain?! I have visions on Matty crawling and leaving trails behind him as well - lovely!

Fi - hope Jenna is okay and gets some better sleeps in soon. Yay on your tax refund, I'll be happy with that myself!

I'll finish replies later, little man needs tucker

I hate hate hate the tie-up ones Nell! But the ones over the head are worse I think, Zander hates them though not me LOL! Just looked at Matty's site & he's such a cutie, what a great smile! I think though that the very first photo on his sitehe looks much much older.

Yay at your BB being better Fi & a nice tax return. Bumma though that Jenna hasn't been sleeping & feeding so well at the moment.

Weeeelll I just had a nice 1.5hr nanna nap & it was great Feeling very refreshed so I might do some scrapbooking tonight once Zander is in bed. I've half done his mini album (BTW Nell, have you got yours yet?) but I really want to start on his big albums. Got lots of things coming from ebay in the next few days for them as well

Sarah - thanks for the comments of my little man. I'm not sure IKWYM about him looking older? Oh dear have I put a photo in the wrong album? I haven't got the mini album yet as I have decided to try my luck at winning it at auction. So now I am watching, ready to pounce when the time is right. Love the nana naps - wtg! I am almost giving up on bibs as they never catch everything, I end up changing him completely anyway.

Tanya - hope you feel better soon. Forgot to tell you about Matty and his sippy cup, he went well with it - didn't get alot of it but he did grab with both hands and drink it so that's great.

Have update Matthew's site.

The first photo of him smiling on the Babies Online part of his site Nell. Sorry, didn't explain myself real well did I.

Off to work again today which I am sooo not looking forward too. We had a bad night last night - let's just say from when I went to bed at 8.30 until about 12.20 I had ot get up 9 times & it didn't get much better all night ](*,) I'm going to be dead by this afternoon!

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - yay on the Nanna nap yesterday but boo for your crappy sleep last night! I could see by the time of your post that it probably wasn't a good night I hope you go ok at work today. The peek-a-blocks I got Gabby were the alphabet ones? It was around $50. I am hoping to get some of the other nifty toys that go with them for her birthday.

Nell - love the new pics of Matty. He is just adorable. I love that one of him in the cot with his arm and leg hanging out, LOL. So cute! That's a bummer that your Kmart doesn't have a good scrapbooking section. Maybe ours is just as bad - I was just excited to see some sort of scrapbooking stuff all in one place. I bet I will be there every week now! LOL

Fi - YAY on your awesome tax return! I am hoping for a similar amount but I doubt I will get that much. Last year mine was so high because I had to pay 10% of my wage to an agency so I got it all back as union fees. Very cool! Sorry to hear that Jenna is being a little miss!

Neil has the car today and the doofus forgot to take the pram out of the boot for me. Even the hug-a-bub is in the car so I am literally house-bound. Not happy Jan!! It looks like it's probably going to rain anyway but I hate feeling stuck iykwim?

Gab is going through a really cruisey stage atm (I say that because I know it could all be different tomorrow). She has 3 naps a day. She wakes up, has a feed and a play lasting 2 hours, gets grizzly, I wrap her, put her in her cradle and she slowly drifts off to sleep. Sometimes I will have to pop the dummy back in her mouth a couple of times. But she has been having at least an hour each nap. It's great! Of course, she will probably have a growth spurt or start teething next week so I am not becoming complacent!
    I put her in the JJ again last night and she had a blast. I took some pics and will put them on her site. Only thing is, I think I put the darn thing on backwards, LOL. I just assumed that the logo would go on the front. So have a good laugh at my expense, LOL.

oh gotcha - you mean he looks older than he is, #-o , takes awhile for things to sink in around here.

oh no at your night. Hope work is okay for you.

It has been so long since I posted, life just seems to fly by.
    I'm glad everyone is well and no bubs are causing much trouble.
    I am sitting here waiting for my girl to wake up, I had high hopes of going to my parents...so I could sit and do nothing. lol. But as usual she decides to throw in a big sleep.
    I have just typed up my resignation letter for work, as I had to go on maternity leave at 3 months. It seems sad but oh I'll get over it
    Deb: Hope you are entertaining yourself at home, at least the weather is yucky.
    Fi : Hope Jenna is being a good girl for you
    Nel:The pics of Matty are gorgeous, we bought a sippy cup yesterday I am now thinking that there is going to be water everywhere.
    Sarah: Glad that Zander is sleeping well, hope you get to your scrapbooking tonight.
    Well the girl has woken time to hit mum and dads
    Bec
    Oh we have started to sleep through the night yeh.I finally said to Nick 4 days ago, that he had to share the night feeds and he agreed, low and behold that is when she started to sleep all night..grwlll

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Bec - that's always the way! Maybe you should have threatened for him to do a night feed weeks ago I hope you have a good time at your Mum and Dad's and get nothing done

I have just been pottering around. I did a mountain of dishes because einstein here forgot to buy dishwashing powder last week ](*,) Mind you, I only washed the dishes that can't be hidden in the dishwasher until I get a chance to go to the supermarket when Neil gets home.

Gab has been asleep since 12pm. She woke at 2pm for the dummy and went back to sleep. I decided to make a cake without a recipe so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. It seems to be rising really lop-sided. Hmm... it may just have to be a cake for the dog, LOL.

Havent been able to get out the door.
    Grizzley head here is screaming for no reason.lol
    Everytime I pick up the nappy bag she does the bucking bronko move and screams.
    LOL at the dishwasher Deb, I couldnt work out why ours wasn't washing all that well and I found 10 forks and some dodgy washing tablets. #-o
    Hmm the mysterys of our home.
    Bec
    Hope your mothers group went well. already getting anxious about mine in about 5 weeks. lol

Oh I am so posty today
    grumpy just did poo's =D>
    I think it has been in the pipeline for a few days.
    Maybe we will be happy now

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Bec... YAY for Eliza's poos!! =D> \/
    LOL @ finding all that stuff clogging up your dishwasher. Any wonder it wasn't working!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast