Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

Kel - So good to hear from you!! I was starting to get worried!!
    I'm so proud of you for chatting with your dh when you were so anxious about it!! I hope it all goes well...xo
    We have a similar method for dealing with the house - although often a day goes by when I don't get anything done - my house is feral at the moment...I seem to keep on top of it for a few weeks and then it ends up like a bombs hit again...crazy!

Just ate a bounty bar while I'm browsing the net - not expecting my weight to have dropped this week - LOL!

Chat later..

LOL, sorry for worrying you with my absence Kris! Unfortunately it was due to nothing exciting, like a holiday. But thankyou for your concern
    Well as for my chat with DH, it has gone in one ear and out the other again, I think. Today he has done nothing before going to work and he's about to walk out the door in about 30mins. It was my main point I made to him, that I would like him to do one chore a day when he works. Something small like the dishes or sweeping the floor. Just to contribute really. Then on the days he doesn't work he can really help me and do bigger stuff like mopping or cleaning the bath. But no, today he sat on his ar$e and watched me do the kitchen, dishes, wash/fold and pack away clothes, prepare lunch for everyone and get started on dinner for me and the kids. Well actually he watched tv or the computer, but the point is he sat and I worked. He doesn't even play with the kids. He did nothing. He did let me snooze with Lily for 40-ish mins, which was nice though more would have been great (but that was my fault cause I kept on thinking of all the stuff that still had to be done).
    Grrrrr, what can I say to get through to this guy?????? I am just going to see where he goes from here. I'm going to write down what he does/doesn't do compared to me and show him in a week or so. Is that petty? I have talked and talked to him. That's obviously not working so I thought maybe some actual evidence that he does nothing might work. I don't want this to become a ***** fight, but I want to make him actually listen to me not just hear and nod his head and say all the right things then do whatever he usually does, like he always does I don't know...
    Ok enough whining (again). Sorry.
    I'm going to finish tidying and cleaning while the kids are playing nicely together....

Hey Kel...I understand completely where your coming from...I have often had conversations like that with dh..
    The only thing I can suggest is to not expect him to just do it...he may need a gently prod like - remember how we spoke the other day and you said you'd help out a bit more - I really need you to was the dishes/sweep the floor/whatever it is - before you go to work today...I would really appreciate that, it would be a big help to me...
    Obviously you would word it however but you get the idea...
    Now, I know people hate asking all the time and would prefer guys to just get up and do but in reality it's often not like that...and rather than sitting there steaming up because he's not doing something sometimes it's best to just ask...even if he sighs and makes out it's the worst thing in the world - at least it's getting done and your getting the help you need...if he doesn't want to do any of it what makes him think that you do??? LOL!
    As for playing with the kids - thats a hard one - my dh is on daddy duty right now and the boys are amusing themselves in front of the tv while he's in another room on his computer - I know it's frustrating - sometimes just to suggest something for them to do rather than having him to think something up can be a help...
    Good Luck!

Kris thankyou so much for all of your support, I really appreciate it

Hi ladies,
    Posting after myself again..... lol, I have to do it now or I won't get to do it cause DH is working tonight. And I am aiming to get to bed before 11.30 tonight, so that means no puter til after things are done, or not at all! I am soo tired from going to bed so late lately. My own fault, I got used to DH being home (he had a 5 day gap in his roster, yay!) and having a sleep in or nana nap most days! Or at least his help at arsenic hour. He's still got tonight and tomorrow on night shift so I have to be patient and try to sleep early!
    On a better note, Lily has been sleeping in her own bed all night for the past 3 nights! Yayyyyy, I've been waiting 2 yrs for this day, LOL! I'm hoping it's not just a 'thing' and will turn permanant! Liam's nights are up and down, last night we were up 4 times, night before only 2. It's never less than 2, well not yet anyway!
    We will be putting Liam into his cot permanently in a few weeks when DH has 2 weeks off. NO more co sleeping. Not sure if I mentioned it. I think I did...but I'm so not looking forward to it. I hope it goes smoothly. I will miss my little man and his sweet breath in my face and warm snuggles every night But I miss DH too and his warm snuggles and our 'us' time....catch 22!

Kris, yeah, I hate to ask him all the time. He doesn't usually say anything, but it's the 'tone' in his look and attitude, iykwim? But I know this change will probably take time. Any change does, and maybe I don't realise how big a deal it is for him. To me it seems so simple and obvious that it needs to be done, should be done. But for him, I guess it's a big deal, especially from the silent tanty he had when I spoke to him, lol!
    But today he did lots! He helped fold clothes, and there was about 4 baskets to do! Looked after the kids for a few hours while I went out to get a gift for a work friend's baby shower and a few groceries. I snuck in a coffee too . And he tidies the kids toys up too. He went to soccer for himself, and now he's getting ready for work. So I think it's going to be a slow change. One day at a time.

Ok as for the weight loss thing....another slow change. It seems so hard this time to get into gear. Iknow the things I am doing wrong, alot of the time its so mindless. Done without a thought until its too late. Like this morning i got a kitkat and ate it all before i thought about what i had done. I am making an effort to go for a walk every day, though have only been twice this week. I am trying to have only one serve of lunch, with more veggies than anything else (in a small bowl) and not to have dessert at work (usually just something like yogurt or custard, but it's stuff I don't need. And to drink 2 litres of water or green tea. I used to tdo this without thinking but now I have two other people to keep track of, I'm forgetting about me. I could tell you off the top of my head what Lily has eaten, but me....well I have to actually think about it. So after all of that (lol!) my weightloss will be slow. I need to get the right thinking happening before it will change though. One step forwards two steps back...

Ok gotta go, DH off to work...

Hello Ladeeeez...
    Man how cold is it? I am sitting here with the throw rug on my legs....nanna alert!
    Got a call to push back the amnio from 1:30 till 3:30 on Wednesday - the waiting is hard enough as it is! My mum is coming up on Wednesday to stay until I get the results on Friday...she is coming on her own so it will be nice to see her one on one at least.

Kel - Sounds like you had a better day with your DH yesterday and he helped you out a little bit. Its tough when you have high expectations of your house and how you keep it. I am the same and feel stressed and angry when the house is untidy.I guess we have to remember that our lives are different now and the house wont be perfect for a number of years to come! Look, I am the worst person to say this cause it bugs me too but dont let it get you down. Maybe when it is getting under your skin just keep on top of the main 3 things that need doing? Let some stuff go and get done occasionally? Does your DH ever comment on any of the work you do around the house or do you just do it automatically? Sounds like he never did anything at home before he was married as well, that stuffs us all up! Thats so awesome with Lily in her own bed, hope it is the start of something permament for you. You sound like you have the most amazing selfless connection with your kids and the way you speak of Liam in bed with you, you should focus on what an amazing mum you are. I think you will find a nice change with you and Dh once you have your bed back to you guys, however. Good luck with TTS.

Kris - Are you all shopped out or do you still have room for the Target toy sale? Any implantation pains? he he!! How are the boys? Is Louis better?

Dis- How is Jared feeling now? Have the ab's done the trick? Hope you guys are doing ok.

Mel- I think you are doing well to be TTC'ing now with 2 under 21/2!! Good luck! Yep Amnio wednesday.....

Ok I just ate the rest of the cooking chocolate for a slice Beau and I were making....glad Im not on this weight loss weigh in!

Hi!

Kel - Yeah at Lily sleeping in her own bed! Good luck with Liam too! Sounds like your dh is making an effort which is nice...baby steps! LOL!

Jen - How nice of your mum to come up and stay with you! I'm wishing you all the very best of luck!! xoxo
    LOL - no not all shopped out - I only just went to the toy sales today and nearly everything I wanted was gone!! Decided Dh is going to build them a cubby and I really want a puppy so that will be the big things this year...got to be a bit more mindful of the budget...
    No...I really don't feel p/g - I'm sure everything will be fine...will have to wait another week or so to find out anyway...

Well...boys are still sick...I think they just keep passing around to each other - they are always coughing on each other and hugging and giving kisses that it's no surprise really - LOL! Louis is on the mend a bit but seems to have gone to bed with an earache tonight so will prob have to take him to the dr's tomorrow...
    Weekly Weigh in: 59.5kg (don't know how that happened - and after a roast dinner and ice-cream tonight I'm expecting to be back up to 60kg tomorrow! LOL!)

Chat later lovely ladies! xo

Hello all...a quick one from me coz Olivia is in fine form. I have been up since 5 am again...girls are sick still but happy. Coughing and keeping themselves awake. Back to the gp for a check up today if I can make an appointment.

Weekly weigh in is 73.7kgs...dunno what I was last week but it was about 74 i think!

Hi!

Mel - You're doing so great to be losing so much weight in the midst of sick kids!!! I hope they get better soon...

I had a shocker of a night last night..had Dylan in bed with me early in the night and then Ethan was up for about an hour and a half from midnight...grrr...I even had an early night because I had a headache...now I know why I stay up late most of the time!! LOL!
    They all seem perky enough this morning but we'll see what the day brings...

Good morning ladies! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I went to the footy on Sunday and had a bit of a down day yesterday so just read and didn't post. Feeling much better today though.

First things first, I weighed 80.5kgs this morning, which I think is exactly the same as last week. Oh well at least I'm not gaining

Kris, don't you hate it when you go to bed and then have to get up to sick/grumpy kids in the middle of the night? So much worse than when you just stay up in the first place. Hope your day improves

Mel, hope the girls get better quickly. Olivia sounds like she's having a good day. Hope you don't have to wait long at the doctors if Liv is playing up.

Jen, Jared is doing much better thanks for asking. Still got a snotty nose, but hardly coughing at all now.
    It will be nice to spend some time alone with your mum for a few days. Try to enjoy it.
    It is bloody freezing isn't it? I hate Winter!

Kel, the boys are still both a bit snotty so I'm hoping we'll be able to meet up with you guys next week?
    Well done on Lily in her bed!!!!

Us, well, we had a fabulous, fabulous, fabulous night! Jared slept from 10:30 until 6:30! Yes, EIGHT glorious hours! Better yet, I slept for eight hours as well! It is the first time in at least a year that I have slept for that long uninterrupted! I can feel the difference today too.

Ben has been really good lately. Seems that he got tired of "no" and pushing his brother. Now he sits down next to Jared and 'reads' his Thomas books to him Very cute. Some of the stuff he comes out with still amazes me. He has this one Thomas truck, but you can't call it a truck, you have to call it a Vintage Sentinal Lorry! He got that out of one of his books. Crazy child.

J is going great too. He seems really interested in trying to crawl and can get up on his hands and knees. Quite a feat since he's almost 10kgs! I'm not ready for all that yet though, since he seems like he's going to be into everything. Ben didn't crawl until he was 9 months old, and even then, he didn't go climbing things or opening cupboards, he was such a laid-back bubba. I think Jared is going to try and make up for all of that He still hasn't rolled over yet, but I blame that on me. I don't give him a lot of time on the floor lying down, since he can sit now and prefers that.

Okay, I'm gonna run and try to have some time on the Wii Fit while Ben's asleep and Jared is happy! Have a lovely day

HEy Jen, just wanted to wish you all the best today. Hope it all goes smoothly and you get plenty of rest. These next feew days are going to be an emotional rollercoaster...even more so than the past few weeks. Hang in there hun. Am thinking of you.

Girls are both on ABs for infection of chest (olivia) and chest and ear (bec). Another crud night but hopefully they get better soon and so does their sleep

Hi!

Good luck Jen!!

Dis - Yeah at getting a great nights sleep!!! LOL at Ben reading stories...it's so great to see them being good friends isn't it??? Wow - Jared maybe crawling sooner than you think - Dylan was always my boy that got into everything after Louis was very relaxed...took 10 x the discipline with Dylan as it did with Louis!!
    Hope you had fun on wii fit - see, sometimes it much easier to get motivated when you've had a good nights sleep! don't be too hard on yourself while your in the midst of sleep deprivation...

Mel - Aww hope the girls are better soon...sounds like my house at the moment as well...I'm so over winter!!!!

As for us...had Ethan up until nearly 10.30pm last night - little bugger wouldn't go to sleep - and then he wanted to feed at 12am...then luckily he slept through until 8.30am..I've already put him back down cos he was so cranky...I'm hoping he's ear infection has cleared...might have to take him back to the drs...seem weird that the boys have never had one and then all of a sudden they're all getting them this year...must be superbugs - LOL!
    Someone said with the sleeplessness though that Mon night was a full moon???? They reckon they can't sleep on a full moon either...very strange but worth taking a note for next time!!
    My sister and niece and nephew came over for a visit yesterday which was nice - the kids loved having a play with them...It's a shock that they came all the way to see me (about an hours drive) as they're usually always too busy!!!
    Having a quiet day today...I'm a bit tired and urghh so just going to chill out I think...need to get the kitchen cleaned though - it's feral!! LOL!

Chat later...

Today is the day - thanks for all the well wishes, I am very nervous. Cant go to the hospital for the results at 8:30am on Friday now as the appt today was pushed back they wont be ready in time, will get them over the phone after lunch on Friday

Jen, I've been thinking of you all morning. Good luck this afternoon.

I'm having a blah day today. Might have overdone it yesterday. Cleaned up a lot of the house yesterday, including our clutter surfaces (we have a lot - I'm hopeless), did the vacuuming as well as all the usual stuff, played on the Fit and then went shopping with my folks - even my dad! Don't think I've EVER been shopping with my dad in 32 years Anyway, I had less than zero energy this morning and just as much patience. Poor Ben copped it when he was fooling around with his breakfast. I think he's feeling a bit flat today too. Jared is currently asleep in a pooey nappy - I'm an awful mother! It wasn't until after he'd fallen asleep that I smelt it and I wasn't waking him up for anything

I got a message from some girls in my mother's group (Ben's one) and we're getting together next week. We haven't met for so long, there are three new babies to meet now!!!

Hi!

Just a quick one from me - in the midst of cooking dinner..
    Took the boys to the park this arvo which was so nice - we all went for a walk together which was nice...Poor Dylan is still so full of snot and was full on sneezing down to his chin! So gross. Ethan snoozed in the pram which was good as well!
    Hmm...feeling very crampy today...am thinking af is on it's way...did a test yesterday and it was bfn so all is looking good however I just won't know yet!! Was thinking last night after having feral children up heaps that I don't know how I'd cope with another one...just can't wait for this next week to be over so I know either way - so I can be happy to move forward or so I can mentally prepare myself - LOL!

Jen - I hope everything went well yesterday and your results are great tomorrow! Thinking of you lots xoxoxoxoxox

Dis - I'm having lots of blah days at the moment!!! LOL! I find if we have a really busy day I need 1 or 2 days at home just to chill out!

Ok..better get dinner done...boys are hungry (and no wonder since they won't eat their lunch at the moment - driving me crazy)

Chat later!

Kris, Ben is going through this phase where he'll ask for something to eat, take a few bites and then ask for something else. Driving me bonkers! It took me a day or so to cotton on to what he was doing, but that game is now over. If he doesn't eat whatever he asked for first - bad luck, nothing else will be coming his way.

Jared seems to be entering a growth spurt too. Every hour and a half to two hourly feeds today. He's been great the past couple of nights, so I'm really hoping that I'm wrong and he's just making up for his feedless nights with gorging during the day. I gave him a bit of banana this morning and he loved it. We're starting him on solids soon, but he just really looked like he wanted the banana we were eating It's funny how much more laid back I am with solids for J than I was with Ben

Jen, still got my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow

Hey Jen....thinking of you today.

oooh...I jumped on the scales and I am 73.0kgs...I got to stop standing on them. Lets hope I crack the 72kgs on Monday I have been making the most of this nice weather and walking.

Rebecca has developed croup so am going back to the drs now. I need to mortgage the house!

Hey All,
    This might be a bit of "me" post ok?
    Well, first things first, the test was AWFUL, much more confronting than what I even expected, the needle was in for so so so long and I had contractions while it was in so it was lots of tears needless to say. Been pretty crampy and sore after but just got the call through about an hour ago and all looks good!!! She said so far, no abnormalities and the results rarely change (is that right Mel?) but we will know 100% in the two weeks.
    And..........................its a boy

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast