Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #2

Hello and welcome Cass and Kaitlyn..nice to have some newbies in here..its been kinda quiet 8-[

Jo

Hello!

Welcome Cass and Kaitlyn. Wow what a big bubba -well done! Lucie has a bit of a flat head too although it is slowly getting better now that she is on her tummy a lot more. She rolls over onto her tum in her cot and sleeps that way too.

Louise - Maria will be rolling over in no time, just you wait.

Hi Jo!

Well Lucie has her first tooth popping up! Anyone else yet? She hates her bottle even more than usual at the moment though, really must be giving her grief. That is 'normal' though isn't it?

Soph - wow at Lucie's tooth - how is the teething going? - none yet for Maria, maybe they will start when she is at childcare.

hehe I know Louise ..about time I joined in ....I have been saying I would for weeks!

Kaitlyn was a big bubs....we did not expect her to be so big . Our OB estimated she would be around 7pound 8oz ...man was he wrong!. Mind you I should have known as my sister was 10Pound and I was 8pound 7Oz and they say that you will have babies similar in size to what your mother had. Did anyone else find that?. I have also been told that the second one is always bigger...ahhh bring on the drugs!....I am not a big person...still cant believe she managed to fit in my belly :-k

We tried Kaitlyn on her first vege puree tonight, yummy pumpkin!. She seemed to enjoy it so much more then the rice cereal, she did not make any faces and had about two tablesoons ( I think...hard to judge after all the spillage!)

Cass

hehe I know Louise ..about time I joined in ....I have been saying I would for weeks!

Kaitlyn was a big bubs....we did not expect her to be so big . Our OB estimated she would be around 7pound 8oz ...man was he wrong!. Mind you I should have known as my sister was 10Pound and I was 8pound 7Oz and they say that you will have babies similar in size to what your mother had. Did anyone else find that?. I have also been told that the second one is always bigger...ahhh bring on the drugs!....I am not a big person...still cant believe she managed to fit in my belly :-k

We tried Kaitlyn on her first vege puree tonight, yummy pumpkin!. She seemed to enjoy it so much more then the rice cereal, she did not make any faces and had about two tablesoons ( I think...hard to judge after all the spillage!)

Cass

Cass

Cass

Cass

Sorry for the repeated post girls ...my computer and web just had a break down!!!!...

Hi

Does anyone express occasionly. I am going back to work soon and need to express for the 2-3 day feeds that Maria will be getting at childcare, but all I seem to be able to express at a time is 50ml, Maria is gaining weight so I know she must be getting more than that from me.
    Any tips on what I should do?

Hiya ladies

Wow Soph..a tooth!! WTG Lucie!!! Sammy doesbt have any teeth still though no doubt they cant be too far away. Glad to hear the flat head is going away too Soph. Lucie is like Sam with sleeping on her tummy. Sammy wont sleep on his back anymore :-k Ive never used bottles though I can imagine it would be irritating for Lucie if she is teething..so it probably explains why she isnt wanting to feed...poor lil munchin.

Yay Kaitlyn...on her pumpkin! Did she screw up her face? Sammy doesnt really like anything except apple and mango. Everything else he wont open his mouth for lol. Kaitlyn was a great size! Sammy was 9lbs 4oz and that was quite a shock given that he was two weeks early! My other girls were 7.3,8, and 7.1 so he certainly wasnt like the girls and I was 7.3 so i would say genetics plays a huge part.

Louise I express only for rice cereal and i notice the same thing..that i really only get about 50ml out now..whereas in the early days i could express around 120ml. Im sure its just a natural supply demand thing..like u say with Maria gaining weight.

Jo

so you think that when I express when she is at childcare I should get more? Gee I hope so otherwise I will have to put her on formula for those feeds and I was trying to avoid that option.

Hi Louise..um ..is there any way of maybe building up a stockpile of ebm for when Maria goes into childcare. Ive never had to do it myself but I understand that if frozen it can last for quite a while..not sure if u wanted to go that way or express freshly each day.

Jo

Hey there,
    I am back at work fulltime 5 days per week & I express twice a day (I get about 400ml) a day in expressed milk & then when at home I feed from one boob & then express from the other & usually get aboyt 120ml, I then freeze any extra etc, I give the 2 lot's of 200ml to my sister whom has Indah & anything else I have expressed in the morning usually around 120ml-150ml (after her morning feed) so she has plenty for the day.
    2 x 200ml bottles & 1 x 120ml bottle. Plus she has pureed vegies for lunch.
    I will always pump the boob I have not just fed from to makle sure I have enough, I still have about 1.5litres in freezer & I put Indah on boob as soon as I walk in the door, just to stimulate breasts again after being away for 8ish hours..
    On weekends I let her feed, suckle on & off as she wishes so as to keep my supply up...
    I hope that helps... I do take Fenugreek tabs & every now & then I drink the potion if I am feeling emptier than usual..

If you need to know the potion drink thingy I can let you know... But HTH... maybe ask in the September baby thread...

Good Luck, it is hard, but it's all worth it!!!

thanks Barley - what is fenugreek?

Fenugreek Tablets are a herb, it says on the bottle "for relief of mucus congestion"
    Not sure why it helps with breastmilk supply, but it does...

I take Natures own & grab them from Chemist...

I would start expressing in between actual breast feeds to increase your supply & in a few days you should have enough to feed & express & freeze..

I now express enough on Monday for her to have on Tuesday (so as not using up all my frozen EBM) I also rotate the milk as it's apparently Ok frozen for up to 3 months...

I have been expressing between feeds today and it seems to be working, also Maria was grisly not long ago and I gave her a "snack feed" on one side and expressed the other at the same time and got 40ml in about 5 minutes

Louise - Sounds like you will be fine on the expressing front - welll done!

Hello Tracey!

Jo - Funny isn't it how once they can, they go straight on their tummies to sleep. I actually rang the tresillian line to check it was ok, cos I was freaking a bit about the SIDS stuff. But like they said, if you put them on their tum and they roll over themselves, you can't exactly watch over them all night to keep turning them over.

Cass - Gotta love the mess of solids eh? Lucie sometimes thinks it's hilarious to blow rasberries with a mouth full of food. Makes such a lovely mess!

Well the tooth is still coming up. If she wants a chew on your finger now it hurts like nothing else - she nearly drew blood yesterday! Have taken to the Neurofen in an attempt to get some food into the child - fingers crossed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast