thread: Babies Born December 2010 #2

Add purplepixie1978 on Facebook Follow purplepixie1978 On Twitter

May 2010
    Western Sydney, Australia

Hi all!

MadB, great news on Miri getting up to get on down! Was it a wiggle dance or a Wiggle (TM) dance Millie hears a lot of the skivvied ones at daycare... still happy with whatever is on the ipod at home, thank goodness Although she says "noooo" if her two lullaby songs come on during the day - dream a little dream by the mamas and the Papas and Moonshadow by Cat Stevens. Apparently it's okay for me to sing them at bed time, but not to hear them at playtime...

Cathie, I'm sure DH will manage. Will the older kids help out a little where they can? I'm okay, pretty tired as third trimester looms and Pud keeps me up at night. Completely over work. Would happily quit right now. Stupid money.

Millie is finally better and eating again. Had the funniest moment the other afternoon - we have a single seater lounge at an angle to the three seater, which provides a great little cubby hole for her. She scooted herself in there, popped up and yelled, "Daddy!" DH got on the floor on the other side of the lounge and started playing - she'd pop up, yell for him, he'd pop up and say "Millie!", she'd squeal with laughter and pop back down. This went on for awhile, then there was a pause... she popped up, "Daddy!", DH popped up... and got crowned by a toy giraffe. She ambushed him good and proper. I almost wet myself

Lunch is over, spose I should do some work. Hope you're all well xox

BellyBelly Member

Apr 2010

hey PP - yeah I'll sit down with the older kids before I go into hospital and have a good talk with them.... Go Millie, they are soooooooooooooo cute at this age. Charlie boy says a few words not many, as the older kids just know what he wants that he dosen't have to ask..... I'm trying to get the older kids to talk to him more and say words back to him. He can follow directions without any problems.

cathie

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jan 2006

hi
    Miri has walked a bit with no hands! Just one step the other day, 2 yesterday and 8 in a row today, twice! She was very pleased with herself. And of course we all applauded.
    Miri's talking all the time - well, trying to, her pronounciation is not great. She even said "pool day", meaning, can we go to the pool today. lol. So different to DS. I wonder what she'll be like in 6 months, though, compared to him.

it was just wiggle

May 2008
    Melbourne

Hi ladies

How are you all? I hope you're well and your loved ones also. And how are those bellies going ladies? Cathie you are so close, PP & Charlotte not long now and Audax you're getting close to half way, will you find out if you are baking a little miss or a mr??

We're good here, just doing my best to keep up with the demands. Miss Harper is great, just gone 18 months which is so hard to believe. She points out babies everywhere we go but she's MY baby!!! She started walking just after Easter and now keeps up with her brothers with no effort at all. Her and Charlie play together beautifuly and this weekend with DH and the boys being away i have to really make a point of keeping her busy because she is lost without them. We only have 4 teeth here and the most recent popped through at Easter. She's had some rosey cheeks of late but no signs on the gums from what i can see. She is still a challenge on the sleep side of things, for a few weeks after we got back from sleep school we really made progress. She will now sleep through the night and if she wakes she does not need a feed to resettle. But her thing now is waking at 5am. At first i tried the settling techniques but she wasn't having any of it and all i was doing was waking up the boys at 5am also. So now her and i go and lay on the couch each morning, most mornings she will have a bit more a snooze in my arms but i tend to barely get any more sleep myself. I'm not sure what to do or IF there is anything i can do... it's been going on for about 6 weeks now and i'm sure it's her body clock. I'm tired though and having to go to bed quite early to be able to keep up with the kids during the day. But at 5am i'm doing my best to enjoy the chance to have her snuggle or play in my arms. Georgi i'm not sure if you keep up with the group anymore but i remember you getting up to your boys this time each morning and you could probably quote me from some time back on saying something about not being able to imagine getting up and beginning my day at that time.... well i do now I'm hoping it'll pass soon Otherwise we're feeding 3 times a day still, i can call her from the other end of the house and she'll come running, she's not ready to give up yet. We do have a little issue with the attachment sometimes incorporating teeth but we're persisting, i'm happy if she's happy.

I haven't read back on the threads thoroughly but i do see Miri has taken a few steps!! Yay for Miri i'm sure it's just the beginning of her being well and truely on the move.

PP how are you going without your furry friend? Sadly we are at the stage where it is time for my furry friend to go to doggy heaven. I'm finding it really difficult but she has been prone to cancer, she's had 3 operations so far and now has a lump on her leg that we won't be able to operate on. I hate having her life in my hands like this.

We've had a few sickies here also, Aidan slightly, Charlie had a grose nose for over a week and Harper has had a bit of a runny nose and the other morning woke up with the early signs of croup. But they're all getting better now.

I need to head to bed girls, i might be around for a little bit again but i have requested to be banned for a little longer. I really do hope you are all well and happy.

Talk soon girl xo

Jan 2006

EJ! Lovely to hear from you.
    Sounds like you're doing very well. 5am sucks, but some kids do that... DS did for a while and Miri is often up at sparrow's fart.

DS has a cough and was up in the night. won't be getting much sleep again tonight, I think.
    Usually in the morning I hand over Miri and go back to bed for an hour or two - DH's mum is here so getting some sleep in teh mornings atleast. Well I got up this morning, seeing the light was on in the kitchen and Miri was awake. Dumped her on teh floor for DH, then looked at the clock.... 3am! oops. he was up getting medicine for DS. I just assumed it must be morning already (it's usually still dark when she's up for the day). I apologised and took her back to bed. She got her revenge by taking an hour or so to get back to sleep. and then was up for the day at 6 anyway!

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia

Just a quick pop in before Hannah destroys something....

She's getting her final molar and bottom eye tooth. I put some Bonjela on last night and when I was done she smiled and said "Num!" (yum). Pretty funny.

Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano

EJ, Hellooooo! A friend of mine had some success with putting tinfoil over the windows in her baby's room, to trick his body clock. She eked it out to 6am doing that, but her kids are still early risers. We have got to 6am now, which is nice.

We're not finding out what we're having. Scan on Friday!! Nellie likes to tell everyone there's a baby in her tummy. We went to the Play School concert today and she LOVED it, despite only having seen two episodes in her life. When Humpty came out, she ran for the front, it was incredibly cute.

We also had our first poo in potty last night. Wahoo!

May 2010

Hi all,

EJ! So good to see you! I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, I am still grieving for Tink in weird ways, like when DH got the gas heater out when the weather cooled down I was a blithering mess because she would normally park herself in front of it... and when it started raining the other afternoon I wondered, "oh no, is Tink in or out?" They are such a part of our lives and families aren't they? But really, if there is nothing more to be done for them and no quality of life, it really is the kindest thing just to let them go to sleep peacefully.

Audax, one of my mother's group friends booked us tickets for the Play School concert in July! Glad to know Nell loved it despite not having seen much of it - Millie has only seen half of one episode. I'm looking forward to it and hooray for potty usage!! Hope all is well at the scan.

MadB, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done that! Especially with it being so dark and cold in the mornings anyway...

Millie is well after having to stay home from daycare two days last week due to conjunctivitis. With the spell at home and all the rain we had over the weekend, we had a veeery stir crazy little mite on our hands. She is just developing so quickly! So proud of her

Pud is coming along well but dammit, I saw my obs this morning and I have GD. I'm upset but have to just suck it up, monitor my blood sugar levels and watch my diet. It will probably be better for me in the long run anyway, I have been reading "Sweet Poison" which has been an eye opener.

Hope you're all well xox

Sep 2009
    watsonia north victoria

Hi Everyone!!!

looooong time no post im sorry!

Things got pretty hectic at home, and now im back at work full time as well. Hopefully ill be able to keep up now im at work and not running round cleaning the house and chasing my *cough* monster.

A quick update on summah....

We hit 18 months yesterday and she is AWESOME!!!!! so in love with her! she is a cheeky, crazy, head strong little girl thats full of love.
    she is in child care full time and she has turned into a totally different child. she has heaps of new words, has better coordination, everything has improved with her.

she has had a rough trot with illness, scoring 3 ear infections in 10 days, a dose of tonsillitis, croup and a million other colds.
    she then got gastro a month ago, that went on for 3.5 weeks, 2 trips to the hospital, 3 to the gp, 2 stool samples, a failed blood test and the loss of 2kg later it looks looks like she now has a lactose intolerance bought on by the gastro. so we have made the conversion to rice milk and lactose free yoghurt and am trying to find a alternative cheese but so far so good. we see the paed from the hospital on the 26th of july and im hoping to get some allergy testing done to confirm if there is a issue or not.

other than that we are cruising along nicely.

look forward to catching up with you all

Jan 2006

Hi Crumpet
    Sounds like you've had a pretty rough trot with illnesses! Hope you get through the rest of winter ok.

oh, do you have a sugar addiction too pixie? Hope the GD is well under control and no other issues for you

BellyBelly Member

Apr 2010

Hi lovely ladies,

Hi EJ great to hear from you and crumpet...

Well ladies been running around getting everything ready for tuesday. I think I am :0
    Will let you know how everything goes as sooo as I can.

cathie

Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano

Wooooow, Cathie, good lucks!

Had scan on Friday. Was meant to not find out, but I'm pretty sure I saw girl bits! A little sister would be awesome for Nellie, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Add Kazbah on Facebook Follow Kazbah On Twitter

Sep 2006
    Dandy Ranges ;)

:bigwave: hi ladies,

Can't believe how many are looking forward to another little person! Sorta jealous ...

As for us, well, Quoll is a cheeky little man! Isn't using words (much) yet other than mum / dad / tillie / tara / azzy. He's very active though!!!! climbing everything. I really must bookmark this thread, as i keep losing it.

May 2010

Hi all,

Oh my gosh, Cathie - it's this week??!! That time has just flown! All the best for the safe arrival of your new little one xox

Hey Kaz, great to see you!

Crumpet, good to hear from you too! Jeepers that's a rough trot, I hope the intolerance is not long term or permanent.

Aw Audax, that is cool I was half tempted to peek at the morph scan as I was there alone, but Pud had his/her legs firmly crossed! Nell will be a fabulous big sister, whether it's to a brother or sister!

MadB, um, yeah. Major sugar addict. I love the stuff. Desserts are my weakness and I am missing them badly. I bought Diabetic Living magazine yesterday and made a pudding from that last night, and a stew tonight - all delicious but I still find myself hungry soon after every meal. I need to get stuck into low GI foods... other than porridge! I mean I love porridge but not at every meal...

Millie is pushing through two new teeth at the moment - the ones either side of the two bottom middle ones. So she's being a bit... erm... challenging at the moment. She's also having a bit of trouble with asthma (she's going through exactly what I am, so I'm calling it). I'm managing okay with her moods and tanties because I can sympathise but DH is struggling a bit - he just wants her to cooperate and doesn't understand how tired and unwell she is under her fašade of "whoop whoop I'm a crazy toddler". He hasn't been very patient with her today which is hard. I popped her in the sling for as long as I could as she was very happy cuddled up in there, but the circulation in my legs is pretty bad this time around so I couldn't carry her for long. She had an extra sleep this afternoon but still went to bed at about her normal time. Poor chook.

Hope all's well with you ladies xox

Add Kazbah on Facebook Follow Kazbah On Twitter

Sep 2006
    Dandy Ranges ;)

Pp, I hear you with the asthma. Dh and I both have asthma, but dhs is much worse than mine, so he reckons pip doesn't have it. But pip has my asthma, which is brought on by exercise and cold air, and is mostly coughing.

Quoll is also teething, not sure which teeth, other than eye tooth, but he's got bloody drool again. Poor little mite, its only at night so I can't see anything until after I settle him and get back into my room & look on the mirror to see my shoulder.

sent from the Hellmouth.

Feb 2010
    Central Queensland

Hey girls!!

Been a while since I've popped in...

Cathie: Thinking of you, can't wait to hear your news!! Stalking FB!

Crumpet: Nice to see you in here again Hope you all get a break and Summah is on the improve soon. It's so hard when they're sick.

Kaz: lovely to see you too! Sounds like you have an energetic little man on your hands, I know the feeling very well!! Ah, the climbing!!! Hope you're well.

Audax: That's lovely news that you possibly have another girl on board! Nellie is going to be a great big sister! Hope you're feeling well, I can't believe you're halfway already! Time just flies..

PP: sorry to hear about the news of GD, looks like the sugary treats are on hold for now Hope you can manage it without too much fuss. I hope Millie isn't having too many issues with her asthma, poor little thing. Sounds like you're handling it well. I can understand how your DH is finding it difficult, my DH is the same when Jacob is being a little on the difficult side. They just don't seem to have the patience that we do and I find it frustrating as we deal with it a lot more than they do! That's men though.. at least they try

MadB: Hows Miri going? Enjoying her new found freedom I'm sure! Hope you're doing well too

EJ: Lovely to see you in here!! I haven't e mailed you back yet, I'm hopeless as per usual! Hope you're all doing well at your place!

Charlotte: Hope little Miss Hannah is doing well, I'm so happy her appointment went well, she's such a little miracle.

AFM: well, for those of you that haven't read my other thread... I am 6 weeks pregnant - keeping it very hush but needed some help on here so thought I'd better share it with my favourite special ladies too. I'm due around 12th February. Fingers crossed everything goes ok. It was a TOTAL surprise, we weren't planning on trying till the end of the year so it was a few months earlier than expected but a total blessing and we are so excited. Jacob is doing really well, such a busy little man. He makes me smile and laugh every day and I am so proud of the little person he's become

Hope I haven't missed anyone, I'm trying to rush, my little monkey is climbing EVERYTHING in sight.

Take care everyone!! xox
    Last edited by Jules84; June 18th, 2012 at 07:13 PM.

Jan 2006

all the best for tomorrow Cathie! hope it all goes perfectly!

May 2010

Hi all,

HOOOOORAAAAAAAY Jules! Another lady in the pudding club!!! Congrats to you

Ah, Kaz, sorry you have an asthmatic household too. Did yours get worse during pregnancy too?

It has been an interesting week here. Monday, Millie woke up with the worst asthma symptoms I have seen in her so far. She was working so hard to breathe and was completely exhausted. I took her to the Children's hospital ED (we only live about 10 mins drive away) and on the way she kept falling asleep, and because of the shade on her window she looked a little blue, so I kept reaching back and rubbing her little foot to make sure she was still breathing. She was triaged quickly and we got taken through to the asthma bay. We were there for 6 hours for observation and treatment - a dose of prednisone and lots of ventolin. Usually trying to keep her still for 6 seconds is a challenge - she spent the entire time cuddled up to me. Poor little mite. Tuesday she stayed home with DH, Wednesday she was okay at daycare, but Thursday I got a call half way through the day - a new kid got upset at nap time, which set Millie off - she started crying and then started coughing and it snowballed. They got some ventolin into her so she was not too bad by the time I picked her up, just exhausted all over again. Friday we spent the entire day inside, so I thought she'd be okay yesterday - we went out in the sun for five minutes and the excitement of being outside and chasing bubbles set her off again. so, another quiet day today.

She's spinning us out with her words... She was looking for a toy and I said, "It's in the kitchen." She said, "I'll get it!" and off she toddled! She likes to sit on her fold out lounge with a cushion behind her and a blanket on her lap (little nanna!) and will ask for both. I love that she can articulate what she needs or wants. I got up to her the other night and she asked for a drink. It hit me that I'm about to go back to the newborn "Oh my gosh why are you crying???!!!" phase!

Hoping you're all well xox