... 41213141516 ...

thread: Babies Born May 1st ~ 15th 2009

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

Toomany, I feel exacty the same and thats just with 2. It hink you are doing an amazing job!

Nat, Oscar is in 00 wondersuits too, lol. His is mostly for length.
    I use moogoo and pawpaw&calendula on OScars bottom, unless is really bad, which hasnt been so far, id use daktozin.

Well we had an early start today. normally he sleeps 6-7 hours at night but tonight we have gone for 4, after feeding continuously from 7-11. *sigh*

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

TMTM - ahh if only you could visit my house you would feel so much better. I am a clutter queen, Darren cleans it up, I maitain it a while then it get cluttered again.... and that is without a newborn!!! You do a great job don't dwell on those bits, look at that gorgeous boy with those kissable cheeks - you are doing a fabbo job!

Nat my Dr said to rub the Euky Bearrub (like Vicks) onto her romper or cot blanket when Sophia was all snotty and chesty. Worked wonders too.

Wow we lost 2 weeks of our life when we were sick lol. Sophia was 2 wks old and I was visiting friends, then we were sick and suddenly I have this 4wk old baby who isn't a newborn anymore!!!

Nov 2008

TMTM: Six? I am overwhelmed with just one -- and I'm on leave and doing nothing else. I'm sure your little one is going through a phase and will get back to sleeping better soon.

Good to hear from everyone else, too. We've all got our hands full, no?

Jonah and I are doing fine. We co-sleep and most of the night he's content with eating a bit and going back to sleep. Lately, though, he wakes up very unhappy around 4-5am and also around 7am. I think I finally figured it out -- he's trying to poop and not really doing a great job at it! He scrunches his whole body and his face, twists, groans, cries, arches his back, turns, squeaks, grunts and more! Maybe half an hour or more! Then he finally manages to poop and/or pass wind and he's quieter a little after that and often falls asleep pretty quickly, exhausted from all the work.

It's cute if it weren't keeping me up so much. I try to tell him, kiddo, you can't do this by squeezing your nose that hard, it's the other end but he doesn't yet listen to me. He has no trouble pooping during the day, though. I think it's being on his back throughout the night that makes it harder for his digestive system. During the day he's often semi-reclined (either in my arms or in his baby swing where he naps), or upright in his baby carrier.

Add helle on Facebook

Sep 2008
    Bunbury, Western Australia

TMTM, My house is a pigsty atm and I have no one to look after but myself - and I guess DF, but he's pretty self sufficient these days You're an excellent mummy!

I try to tell him, kiddo, you can't do this by squeezing your nose that hard, it's the other end but he doesn't yet listen to me.
    Thanks for the chuckle, amazed!

Nat, that little photo of phillip in your ticker always makes me go "awwww" He's just so adorable! Hope you get over your cold soon, i have it too. Boo Hiss indeed.

Sryan

Still stalking you girlies, I'm glad to hear all your babies are healthy, happy and keeping you on your toes

Apr 2007
    Inner South East suburbs Melbourne

Amazed, we get the same thing here - he's really ratty from about 6am onwards until he can do his first poo of the day, then he's quite happy again

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I guess the fact that I'm getting a hot meal on the table every night and everyone has clean clothes should be enough right now. I was having a bit of a bad day yesterday - and realised I'd forgotten to take my meds three days in a row which probably wasn't helping. Today Thomas is sleeping a bit better after having a bit of a better night - I went on my walking group thing this morning and all through that and the coffee we have afterwards, he slept like a little angel. He didn't do so well this afternoon - I think I'm going to have to stop taking him to bed with me for the afternoon sleep and start settling him in his own bed for that nap. It's my favourite time of the day, snuggling up with him then, but he needs his sleep, too.

Teagz, how are you feeling?

Nelly, how are you all recovering from your bug?

Rayray and Nat, Thomas is out of all his 000 stuff, in fact he's in some 0's. I'm interested to see how much he weighs on Monday. Nat, Thomas is a long thing, too. His face is fat but the rest of him doesn't look too chubby, though he's more nicely padded than the others have been!!

Nat, that's a bummer with Pip not liking cuddling (I love your nickname for him, btw). If it is any comfort, my dd3 was not a cuddly baby, but very much grew into loving her cuddles when she was older. I hope your colds all get better soon.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? I have to go shopping tomorrow (oh joy) and dd1 will be around for tea on Sunday night, and there's church of course... but other than that, I think I'll just be hanging around watching the kids make more mess LOL. Oh, I took the advice here about Clare maybe having trouble adjusting and have given her tons more attention, and she's been much better.

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Nelle - what size clothes is Sophia in? We are in mostly 00 now, because the cloth nappies makes her butt huge. Would you like some 0000 / 000? I am up your way on Wednesday.

Add helle on Facebook

Sep 2008

TMTM, I am doing fantastically thanks This bubby has been exceptionally good to us, and is giving Mummy & Daddy plently of reassurance that he/she is doing well. Measured 5 days ahead of dates at the dating ultrasound, heartbeat was picked up on the doppler at 9 weeks and 5 days and again on wednesday just gone without an ounce of prodding and the Dr's behalf. Sometimes I get little images of my tiny 5cm baby puffing his/her chest out to the heavens when the doppler comes along just to please Ma & Pa

I must admit I was expecting my stress levels to be through the roof but so far I think I have managed to keep myself pretty calm - except just before ultrasound time, for which my naturopath has given me some lovely natural calming remedies to get me to the otherside with my sanity still intact

I'm sure little Thomas is probably just having a moment and testing the waters out! It's great you have joined a walking group, too. I must say I had to laugh when you girls were saying your little boys were grumpy little critters before they had done their first poo for the day - so typically male

Mar 2005
    Darwin, NT

TMTM - Sweetie, you are doing a great job! I was going through the same as you recently with Reuben (feeling a little like 'what is going on!!!'). After being such a great baby, he started to just not settle at all during the day, crying most of the day and feeding every hour. I had a massive breakdown after one day of just not being able to put him down at all.....I just couldn't do anything without him waking and crying.....yes, that includes going to the toilet! argh! So, we did something a little brave, and disruptive to our house....we took Reuben (yes all 6 of us) for an afternoon walk. I had him in the sling, and screamed a little of way before going off to sleep. It IS our magic answer to all problems.....such a little thing that has just solved everything. It softens his temper for the afternoon, and he has a brilliant night sleep followed by a very much easier day. Just as an experiment on Monday, we didn't walk, and he was the biggest nightmare!!!! So, every day now, we walk, I don't care how disruptive it is to bedtime for the other kids, or to their afternoon routines, or to dinner - it is our household priority now. He has gone from being out of control, to our ANGEL baby!

I am frantically busy getting the kids ready to take DD to ballet, but just quickly got on, saw that Thomas was giving you a bit of a worry, and had to share with you how one little thing in our day with Reuben has made such a difference.

Gotta run now - Hi! to everyone else, hope your winter chill down there isn't too much to cope with....if so, come up and visit Darwin where the coldest we get is 16 overnight, and lovely 29 degree days!

xx

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

B*K yep an afternoon walk has become our saviour for both Jake and Sophia, and I have found all of us lie down together in my bed for afternoon books and a nap will give me a rest too. Even if Soap (Jake's new name for her) doesn't sleep at least I get a break from Jake bcos he usually does.

Just got back froma leisurely morning at the shops and a yummy mummy haircut. Was looking a bit worse for wear so thought I had best tart myself up somewhat - feel heaps better too. DH and Jake are having a daddy day at seaworld to get the last use out of our passes so very quiet here.

Tatt - Em saw your other thread hope you find somewhere soon and things are ok for you.

Have updated our FB pics Janelle Fuller's Photos - Sophia Katherine | Facebook

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

oh and Candice yes please. she is still in some 0000 and just starting to fit 000. Are you going to Sam's tmrw? If you are can you also pls bring linda's pump? thx xxx

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Nelly, yes I am going to Sam's, I'll give you the pump and the clothes then .

Oct 2008
    Canning Vale, Perth

TMTM: wow 00s! Jade is still in 0000 although they're a bit tight, but is swimming in 000s. She put on 240 grams last week though so im happy. She's been going good here, slept 1030 to 530 last nite, feeding 3 or 4 hourly and self settling half the time. Think they're sending me home on wed, pretty nervous seeing as me and DP split up so ill be staying at my mums while trying to organise centrelink benefits, moving out of the old place and finding a new one...plus DP harassing me with msgs and calls hourly which im trying to ignore. Havnt been able to get to a computer lately but when I do ill put up some new pics, hope ur all well xxx

Apr 2007

OMG!!! We have sleep!! SLEEPP!!!

I went out and bought Elizabeth Pantley's "no cry nap solution" (follow up to the no cry sleep solution). I read it cover to cover yesterday while I was settling Thomas, and my goodness. The woman's a genius. I realised a couple of things I was doing wrong (not paying close enough attention to whether Tom was tired or hungry, giving up too easily when it looked like he wasn't prepared to nap, enforcing my perceptions of when sleep time should be during the day, etc etc.) I managed to get him to have a two hour sleep yesterday afternoon, and this morning he's been asleep, in his own cot, for two hours!!!!! I've actually had a shower and cleaned up the kitchen without dragging him around!

All this without having to leave him to cry. The only problem is, I can't go into my bedroom now and get ready for church. I may end up going in my pyjamas...

Apr 2007

TMTM: wow 00s! Jade is still in 0000 although they're a bit tight, but is swimming in 000s. She put on 240 grams last week though so im happy. She's been going good here, slept 1030 to 530 last nite, feeding 3 or 4 hourly and self settling half the time. Think they're sending me home on wed, pretty nervous seeing as me and DP split up so ill be staying at my mums while trying to organise centrelink benefits, moving out of the old place and finding a new one...plus DP harassing me with msgs and calls hourly which im trying to ignore. Havnt been able to get to a computer lately but when I do ill put up some new pics, hope ur all well xxx
    I'm just so proud of you, Emma. You've got on with getting the support you need, now you're getting on with setting up the life you and Jade need. You are an awesome mum and I think you rock. I hope you find somewhere nice to live soon.

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Emma I am so glad you have got some good sleep going on! And that weight gain is pretty good too.

Best of luck finding a new place to stay. I hope DP gets the message and stops harrassing you, can your mum help with this?

Aug 2007
    Bridgewater Adelaide

Hi girls,

wow it has been quiet. We must all be busy.....

Tattoo - I am so glad you got help and I am so sorry you are going through a rough time. You are being a great mum by getting help and I hope it all gets better for you soon.

Teagz - back. I am so glad to see that all is going well for you. I must check into the TTC group to see how everybody is going. When do you have your 12 week scan???

TMTM - wow sleep is such bliss. Well I thought things were going great guns and for a couple of nights Lily slept 4-5 hours in between feeds. Nope now gone back to around 3 hours....

Lily is also now in 000 clothing and fitting them well. I am a little concerned about where the umbilical cord was. The little knob thing fell off and for the past week it has been like an air bubble under it and is quite large. Am trying to get into the Dr's in the next couple of day, but if not I might go and see CAFHS and get them to have a look.

I am finding that everytime Lily wakes up (even if she has only had a short sleep) or is need reassurance, she just wants to feed. I can not console her any other way. I even got desperate and tried a dummy (didnt want to do it!!!) but she just spat it out and didnt want a bar of it......

Hoping everyone is going well.

xxx Sue xxx

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

I am finding that everytime Lily wakes up (even if she has only had a short sleep) or is need reassurance, she just wants to feed. I can not console her any other way. I even got desperate and tried a dummy (didnt want to do it!!!) but she just spat it out and didnt want a bar of it......
    Im finding the same thing, at night Oscar comfort sucks to sleep but he wont take a dummy

Though this morning he has had a couple of sleeps so Im somewhat less sleep deprived at least.

TMTM - so do you have both of the books or just the nap one?

Emma - I have read your other thread as well, and I am really in awe of the way you have handled things in the past couple of months, you are doing a great job

Well, we bought a car on the weekend, to replace the one that was written off in the accident so its great not to have to take Oscar in and ou tto drop DH at the train station etc.

Im supposed to be going in to work today I have to get some things from my email and its not working remotely so I need to do it there. I really had not wanted to go in this early, I thought maybe when Oscar was 3-4 months old might be a good time, crying less and hopefully a bit more of a pattern in place with feeding etc, but thems the breaks.

He is asleep now though so I have at least been able to shower and eat 2 meals today Too bad its at the expense of getting in to the FAO/medicare to take my baby bonus forms in, I wont have time now will feed him when he wakes then straight to work.

Add helle on Facebook

Sep 2008

Sryan, Wednesday (:

... 41213141516 ...