Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #3

Hi girls!!!
    Sorry been MIA for a while ...DF has been back this week (left again today) and been trying to sought out buying a house and DD has an Ear Infection!! lol Oh, and we're teething properly I think...real ouchy stuff!!
    Oh, and totally addicted to the arcade games lmao

Will try to do some personals, hope I catch everything, have been lurking, just no time to post, so here goes!

June: pmsl @ the squealing at the gallery - Charlotte is a squealer too, she'd go off! Nice though that people we mostly amused and not stuffy about it. Photos sound cool too - you should put them up in th gallery!
    Well done with the solids too...sounds like it is going really well

Suse: Sorry to hear things aren't going well with you dad I do hope that whatever happens you all enjoy the time you have together now
    Well done to Euan too on his big roll over!!! Charlotte rolled over without me seeing too the first time - I think they plan and do it on purpose, cheeky lil buggers

Hoody: Glad to hear you are all healthy and happy! yay! Certainly would make life easy on you for a while...hope it continues. [email protected]&m's. What sort of dog is it? hope it works out.
    At least you are getting a lot of wear out of the 000...Charlotte can still fit into 0000 and 000 tops, but she is already getting too long for 00 longies I have 4 different sizes on the go and its a PITA - poor DF cant keep up!!

Dragonbub: "Extend your arm....extend your middle finger..." Caden sounds perfectly normal to me - why would she say such a thing to your face?? Not cool!

Heather: Sorry you were without your darling DD for 2 nights! I don't know how you did it...good on you for trying with the full work week though, very strong. Good to hear Molly has the good sense to stay off the cold tiles too - smart girl lol

Twin Sis: Go the adult company!! lol must be a relief to be able to get out and meet new people. Hope the trip to Vancouver goes well too, I'm sure you will be fine.
    Haven't been game to take Charlotte to the pool yet, but got her a couple of swim nappies so hopefully will get down there in the next week, you ladies with the swimming bubbas have encouraged me!

So Charlotte has an ear infection. Took her to the nurse on Monday arvo and she had look and said she couldn't figure out why Charlotte was sweating inexplicable, but sounded like it could be a virus. Then C started screaming right as we left and didn't stop for 3 hours...finally went out and got some panadol after the teething relief didn't work, still crying so took her to the hossie (after a frantic phone call to my mum - the nurse)- fearing she may have a UTI or something (wee was a little smelly, or was it the nappy?!?) After waiting 5 - yes FIVE - hours to be seen by the doctor, he had a look in her ears and said the nurse was an idiot, her right ear was really red inside, but he didn't want to give her antibiotics since it didn't seem really bad yet, just wait and see. So struggled home at 1am and got her to sleep for a couple of hours (poor thing was just sooo exhausted!) then she woke at 3.30am and then every half hour after that, so she slept with us and I just keep her on the breast, hoping the antibodies would kick in!
    She has been much better today, back in her cot tonight too, so thats good, but she woken 3 times crying since 10pm poor little girl....its so distressing to see her in pain with not much to do about it except cuddle her and the occasional dose of panadol
    Scared the living hell out of me though - shes never been sick or even cried like that before, only ever even had collic once too so it was completely new to us....SO glad DF was here at the time, don't know how I would've coped by myself, so at least that was a blessing!

Had her weighed at the nurse as well, up to 6.3kgs now, skinny minnie, although shes slowed in the length dept, she is only 64 cm still, only 1cm in the last month. Phew!! means I can hold off on the 0 jumpsuits for a dew more weeks! lol Not even 5 months old and already on 9-12 month old clothes!

She has been sleeping really well though (aside the infection) only really waking once in teh night to feed, and some nights just a couple of crying re-settles, so I am expressing at night just to make sure my supply doesn't drop....not going to welcome back AF anytime soon *fingers crossed anyway*
    We are still only rolling front to back, which is good - not going too far, but still doing the circles lol so funny to see her "swimming" on the floor!! Starting to get he hang of sleeping on her back too, which is nice (much easier to put down sleeping baby on to the back, rather than the tummy!! hehehe

Getting myself a sewing machine too...going to start making some nappies etc for her and some aprons/smock etc for a few GF...hopefully might turn it into a lil business *watch this space!!* YAY!

Charlotte appears to be getting hungrier, but trying to maintain exclusive BF until 6 months...cant believe I have been feeding her for 5 months almost!
    They are getting so big *sobs*

Well, I think that is everything - well done if you made it this far!
    Hope all is going well with everyone, sounds like we are all coping really well...go us

Take care all...
    Alexis
    x

Hi Everyone,
    Sorry I have been MIA. I have just busy around the house. We have been having a few sleep battles during the day too, so I have been trying to get naps in when I can.

Suse - sending you lots of positive thoughts hun. So glad to hear Euan is being good for you with all the travelling, its one less stress for you. Wow he is long, thats great.

Hoody - honestly it just doesn't stop for you does it. A broken toe?? Whats next? I am sending you positive thoughts and hoping for something nice!! Oh I just read through your last post - a big sleep through. See thats your nice thing you have been waiting for (and well and truly deserve). Have to laugh at your three M's. We were looking at naming Jacob with something starting with M, but we have two dogs, Max and Mardy and decided against it.

Twinsister - So glad you had fun with swimming. Its so funny watching them experience something new like that. They aren't sure about it at first, but you wait and see what he is like after a few more goes. I was looking at swimming lessons the other day, but they are just so expensive. Wish there were some indoor heated pools around here that I could go to. Not sure what I will do as its getting a little cold for outdoor pools.

Big congrats to all the bubs that are rolling. Jacob is leaning way over to grab things but refuses to roll that bum over (it is pretty heavy, so I can understand it). Actually I don't want him to roll. I like knowing where he will be if I go out of the room.

Dragronbub - we will have to try avocoda and banana too. Pear is the flavour of the week at the moment!! As for your GF, tell her to *&#% off!! Honestly where do people get off. Caden is perfectly normal. 5-6pm is pretty ratty in our house, but thats just what bubs do. They are tired after a long day. For them its like our 11pm. We are tired and cranky by then too. I would hope people would be a little bit more understanding.

Heather - i don't know how you did it, 2 nights without Kimberely. Did you wake up looking for her?

Limeslice - good to see you back. Might have to check the arcades out myself. I see there is tetris, love tetris. Hope the antibiotics kicks in soon. I am thinking of you. Just keep dishing out those cuddles. As for AF, mine came back last week and I was not happy at all. Even though we have introduced a few solids, his milk feeds haven't reduced so I wasn't expecting it back for awhile. Ah well, not much I can do about it now. Oh and Jacob is hungrier at the moment too, seems to be normal around this age.

Well as for us things seem to be settling down at night which is good. jacob is sleeping through after his 6pm feed unil 11 or 12, then up around 4am for another feed. He usually goes back to sleep for a little while. We did have a few 5am starts which I wasn't very happy about, but I have persisted in getting him back to sleep and he seems ok. Have stopped dreamfeeding him as I found he was waking up before it and still waking up a few times overnight so I wasn't really gaining anything. Plus if he goes through until 11 or 12 I can get him babysat and we don't have to worry about him needing a feed while we are out, as he still refuses a bottle (EBM or formula) very, very frustrating Mum and dad are coming over to look after him tomorrow night as we are going out to dinner with some friends. My first evening outing without him.!!

June- You are right for the last couple of months it does feel like it is always something in our house. Honestly the toe hurts and is inconveniant but i am fine. I had 2-3 days of limping but i can walk normally now and am fine as long as i am in thongs. When DD1 treads on my foot though i jump like you wouldnt believe. The nice sleep through lasted 2 nights then went out the window so my nice thing was short lived

Limeslice- I'm hearing you on all the diff sizes on the go. We are still in some 0000's and in 00 grow suits as when they have feet attached they arent long enough. For the majority of the time we are in 000's. I quite like it as most of Molly's clothes are DD1's hand me downs and its a shame when they grow so fast and dont get the use. I quite like the thought that the clothes are been worn for more than one or 2 wears iykwim.

Willow- You are certainly right nothing shabbyu about m&m's i now have 3 of them

We are doing pretty well as i posted earlier Molly had one really good night of sleeping through 7pm- 7am and i was suprised the next night was the same but the long sleeps where short lived (only 2 nights all the way through then it was back to 7pm- about 3 or 4) lastnight however was a diff story and 3-4hrly all the way through so who knows what tonight will hold. I guess its like a lucky dip. Poor lil thing though has a bit of a cold thanks to DD1 sharing her lovely germs Nothing major just lots of snot and a cough which i think is responsible for our frequent wakes last night. We also have a new addition to the family a 17 or 18 week old puppy beagle x ****er spanial. So far so good she has been to puppy school and very well behaved. She jsut loves the girls and doesnt bother too much with them apart from when DD1 plays a bit rough then she will jump up at her, i am trying to teach DD1 that she is an animal not a toy Its quite funny though i keep calling Molly Maggie and Maggie Molly- seriously too many m's in this house Well hope you are all enjoying your weekends.

Gee, so much on, I can't possibly answer all of the comments!

Thanks so much for your great words of wisdom and support. It is not nice to hear that your bub is "awful" but glad to hear he is normal! yes, she does have kids of her own, and they are great, but they are also handfuls in their own right. Maybe you just forget how bad they were in time? i think she might have!

Hoody - great about the sleep, hopefully more of the same will occur. M&Ms, how cute!

June - Cool about the solids. Will be starting pear, carrot and pumpkin next few weeks.

LimeSlice - bummer about ear infection. Poor bubba! Keep us posted on your "business" - would love to get into the whole cloth thing a bit more, and definitely find a cheaper alternative. I am trying to organise to advertise portraits (am very good artist) as a means of earning some $ so watch this space also!

Willow - yeah those teeth are mean! I think we have top ones moving at the mo. I told my dentist the other day that I got teeth at 4 months and wisdoms at 15, which she said is very young. i think I must be an early teether, and Caden looks like he is taking after me!

Heather and Suse - thanks for your comments - made me laugh you are right tho, the main thing is to focus on your bub only, not how everyone elses are doing. They all have their good (and bad) points after all. Thanks for reminding me!

As for us (no AF here by the way, am enjoying its absence immensely!) - took Caden to docs the other day. Measuring in at 69 cm, 8.5 kg and HC of 46 cm. So length and HC around 90% and weight at 75%. Doc not worried about bigger head, he wanted to take Caden home he thought he was that great! Nice pick me up after rude comments by my GF. Got 6 month birthday coming up soon, can't believe it has gone so fast. That also means nasty immunisations, so not looking forward to next Friday

Lately Caden has not wanted his full bottle at night. Then he wakes up anywhere from 3 to 5 for a feed. Tonight he was trying to reach for the Doritos we were munching on, so I decided to give him some sweet potato and cereal. Couldn't believe it, he ate the lot! After not wanting milk to eating about a tablespoons worth of food! Maybe this will mean solids for dinner from now on, though I really will miss the evening milk. I might consider giving him dinner then topping him up just before bed with breastmilk from now on so we get a cuddle. LimeSlice - I totally agree *sniff* they are growing up so fast!

Well, that's it for us, am thinking of you all and hope you are having a good weekend

Hello all! I keep coming here and reading all your updates, but the little monkey has been teething and not wanting to be put down so typing responses has been too hard. No teeth have come through yet but he's been pink cheeked and fussy like crazy. He's been waking more frequently in the night too (gone are my 8-10 houirs stretches of sleep) Thank-god for tylenol (for both of us LOL!)

Swimming has been going great, he loves the water. We even took him to the hotsprings (they have a hot pool and a warm pool) and he loved that even more! He rolled from his back to his tummy and then back over again yesterday and he was sooo proud of himself. We're not trying solids yet for another month (after we get back from holidays). I still think you are all so brave. My doctor said we could start cereal now but my public health nurse agreed with me about waiting until 6 months. He's not grabbing for my food yet so there's no rush. I am looking forward to it though. He's got his immunizations on Tuesday, i'm sooo not looking forward to them after the way he cried last time!!

Good luck with the needles tomo TS - hope bub is happier than last time

Was all set to write a long post, but I can hear Jacob starting to stir. But I am proud of myself that I did finally get organised with a picture of my cutie!

OMG June, he is gorgeous! How do I do that?

just a quickie...Ill repost soon...

Just wanted ot say he is just gorgeous June! Good to finally see the little man!

Oh he's gorgeous June!!

I must do a new ticker for Euan, although I do love the shot that I have now!

Um, all well here, think we've hit another growth spurt because he's been feeding constantly and waking at night again. Last night was good because he slept from 11 till 7 but the nights prior to that have been a bit ordinary. He's been so funny lately, talk about Mr Giggles. And he sounds like a baby dolphin with his squeaks and squeals. Someone was asking about clothes sizes - he's in 0 pants and some 00 (partly because he has a cloth bum, partly because he's tall and skinny), but can still fit 00 and some 000 tops. He grows out of the length of bodysuits well before the width, some I convert into t-shirts so they last him longer!

Ah bum, he's waking up, was just about to start personals... waah, waaah, better go...

Ok well I am in shock. Today I am making a big effort to start Jacob self-settling. He is sleeping well when he goes down, but we have always rocked him to sleep then put him in his cot. Sometimes he is half asleep and settles in the cot, but never wide awake. My back can not handle it anymore! Well I got some advice and I just put him in his cot and he self-settled in 7 minutes. Not sure if this will ever happen again, but I am so happy for him. Well after one successful go I am now a bit happier to keep going. I was just worried we would have hours of a screaming baby!!! I wonder if it will make any difference to his night time waking or whether I will still be up twice a night to feed.

In other news, we have turned the car seat around, so he is now facing forward and he loves it. Thinks he is pretty special being able to look at us from the back now. Oh and the tooth that he cut at 3 months has gone back into his gum So we will have to go through that one again. Oh and our night out went really well. Mum was more than happy to look after Jacob and when I got home she was cuddling him in the rocking chair. He wasn't awake, she was just enjoying cuddles!

Hoody - Oh how exciting about the puppy. Its great she has been trained as that is one less thing you have to worry about. I think its so good for kids to grow up with animals. We have two big dogs 6 and 7 years old who just love Jacob to bits.

Dragonbub - i would be led by Caden in terms of food. I am sure that if you give him "dinner" that he will still want a night time feed from you. So you can still get the cuddles. Jacob has now started whinging for his solids and keeps opening his mouth up like a little bird the whole time. And when its finished he whinges because he wants more. I am resisting increasing the amount too much, but he is now having food twice a day. I can't believe how keen he is. If he didn't want it I wouldn't give it to him. I guess we just have to let them guide us a bit. Oh and to put a photo on your ticker not all the sites will let you do it, but if you go to the link thats on my ticker you can go through the steps to set one up and right at the end it asks if you want to attach a pic. Would love to see Caden.

Twinsister - Hope the immunisations weren't too painful. As for being brave with the solids, as I just wrote with Dragonbub I am letting Jacob be my guide. My feeling is that if he wasn't ready he wouldn't be eating everything that he can lay his hands on. Obviously I am being careful and introducing things slowly. No-one is more surprised than me how well he has taken to it (seeing how he isn't all that keen on change in so many other areas). It is fun when they are enjoying it, although it now means it is soemthing else I have to take when we go out Also in terms of allergies and food intolerances I feel fairly safe with vegies and fruit, but its never foolproof.

Suse - PMSL at the baby dolphin! I hadn't thought of that description.

Limeslice - god I don't have a crafty bone in my body. I depend on talented people on you so I can buy things!!

Oh and thanks for the comments on the photo. I am pretty biased, but I think he is cute too.

Well thats it for now I think. Wow thats pretty long actually.

June - congrats on the self-settling. We went through this at 12 weeks on account of Caden being the devil-child He is sooo much better now and lots of other mums in my mothers group are having the same issues as we had back then. I think it is better to do it sooner rather than later, cos then you don't have a willful child to battle with (save those stubborn tears for later). I personally think consistency is the key. I rock Caden to sleep sometimes if we are out and about and there is no where for him to sleep except for in my arm, but at home he just goes straight into his cot.

As for feeding, yeah, I think in a few months time I will wonder what all the fuss was about, but at the mo it seems a little tricky judging times to feed etc. I don't want him filling up on solids and dropping too many milk feeds, cos I simply just love feeding and want to do it forever! LOL. I guess I should just let him lead the way, at least that is what he would have decided is best for him. It is funny how you take things for granted - some other mums I know are having difficulty with solids, bubs just don't want to eat any and spit it out. I am grateful that my lil fella is a gobble-guts, at least that is one less thing to be concerned about I guess

Suse - wow with the O's! Caden is in 00s mostly, but can squeeze him into some Osh Kosh 000s cos they are quite generous (and cute). I have cut the feet out of some overalls and suits to allow a better fit, some just make them too stocky, and he has just had a length-spurt. LOL about the Baby Dolphin sounds, maybe he is communicating to another life force? heh heh.

As for us, very good week so far. Still had a 5 am feed, but then he went back down til 9.30 so I got a sleep in. I think the teeth have taken a reprieve for the time being so might have a few good days to go hopefully.

Well, better go express some milk before the little tyke wakes up.
    Have a great week everyone!

HI Everyone,

We have trying a few things here too .

Finally decided Kimmy weighed and measured. She is 5.9kg with clothes on so probably about 5.7kg when naked.. She is 64 cm. we had Kimmy to the dr today to check on her cough after me being awake all night and DD & DH sleeping through it. I do wonder how we can cough and still stay asleep. I was up till about 1 this morning as I was worrried about it despite her sleeping so soundly

We have been trying some solids here too. Kimberley won't drink more milk in a feed, but was wanting to feed every 2 and 1/2 to 3 hrs through the day .. So far we have enjoyed pears, apples and sweet potato. We are buying organic fruit and veges and pureeing it here and freezing. My husband is a different person when it comes to his little girl, he would never have been caught in an organic shop before (and that wasn't meant to offend anyone, but my husband just doesn't do shopping, especially if it means going out of his way!)

I have also tried the self settling and letting Kimberley cry when getting her to sleep in the day. I have never really forced her as she was sleeping through the night, but have found out that she will sleep for everyone except me & DH. IT seems to be going ok (after the 1st time when I was crying cause she was crying). We have to use a light sleeping bag, but it works for us. Last night I had to go out about 6.30 to pick my grandmother up from the airport and left DH to get her to bed. She was wide awake when he put her down, and she was asleep without any crying about 15 mins later.. Here's hoping we are getting some routine, and she is getting the hang of this self settling.

Kimmy has a whopping head of hear (think it makes a fair bit of her weight!!), and daycare have been tying it up in pigtails.. So cute, making her look more like a girly girl. I am not girly, but think I will have to start as it really suits her..

We have Kimberley's baptism down for mothers day. Should be a good day and seems that I am going to have more family here than I planned. Can see a tent going up for all the unsober boys to sleep in.

June - you aren't totally biased, he is a little cutie (much more so in person!!) I don't think any of the photos do just for any of our little ones!!

Hoody - Yay on the dog.. We are looking at getting one after we go away in July, DH wants to kidnap my parents bitser, but I have said no!! Hope the long sleeps come back soon..

Dragonbub - I have read that we should be giving solids after a milk feed as an extra while introducing them, but I am a bit backward in that.. Kimmy is still getting plenty of milk though, but I am missing the BF of a night as she is getting quite full after an afternoon solid snack and the bedtime bottle, she is falling asleep before the BB (yep I am a bit backward in that too, but it is more a comfort thing than a feed in our case).

Limslice - when you have created some crafty stuff, let us know!! Am always interested in homemade things...

Suse - I get so frustrated with clothes when I have kimmy in cloth. I think they should make 2 sizes (cloth & disposbale bums), like they do for us, tall or short. You must get frustrated with the multiple sizing to compensate..

Twinsister - on the swimming. Haven't been brave enough yet. I am not a big water baby so am holding off till spring.. Will definately have her learn thoguh..

Willow - hope you are keeping well.

Hope I haven't missed anyone.... IF so, SORRY in advance

Dinner is smelling cooked, so best be off to enjoy...

WTG girls i like coming in to see lots of posts

We are doing very well. Molly still has a very chesty cough from her cold but otherwise is fine. I had her weighed today and my lil baby is 5.88kg and 65cm long. She is still going to bed at 7pm and waking up for a feed about 3ish then back to bed til about 8 unless disturbed by DD1 who likes to go in and wake "her bubby". DD1 is getting so good with her and just loves to feed her a bottle and insists on changing her bum with minimal help from me. Everything takes us twice if not 3 times as long as it should but i just love seeing DD1 interact with her its just too cute for words. If i put her in the car 1st she cries and frets for Molly and insists on trying to cuddle her when she cries. I only hope they stay as close through the years. Molly is still only rolling from back to tummy and not all that often so she is still pretty immobile. I have bought her a walker and she loves to sit in it and watch me in the kitchen. Still havent started solids but she hasnt showed interest and i'm just too lazy. I have bought some rice cereal so will start in the coming week or so. I can just imagine though that once she starts DD1 will be trying to feed her everything.

Heather- My DD1 had a head full of hair and from about 4 months always had it in pigtails it was just too cute. She is just over 2 now and its halfway down her back. SHe has blonde curls and she attracts so much attention for it. The only frustrating thing is everyone assumes with all her hair she is alot older so they expect more from her. Molly on the other hand isnt bald but her hair is quite short and so far is dark and straight. It amazes me how diff each one is and its so special but i miss my baby with a full head of hair. You must be very proud of it.

Dragonbub- with regards to feeding i agree in a few months you will wonder why you stressed but TBH as you said just go with what Caden appears to need/want. I hope when we start that Molly will be a gobble guts too at least then you arent stressing about getting them to eat.

June- Yay on the self settling in 7 minutes i hope it continues for you. Wow at turning the car seat around, mind you i have a friend who has a nov bub and she turned hers around a few weeks ago. Molly is still in a capsule but its getting heavy so i think i will put her car seat in soon but i will leave it rearward for a bit as she is still only little.

Suse- lol at the soundling like a dolphin it is pretty amazing the sounds they come out with.

Twinsis- Glad the swimming is going well i'm a bit envious i would love to take Molly but too hard on my own whilst i have DD1. I hope the immunisations went smoothly.

Limeslice- I hope Charlotte is all better for you i can relate to how scary it is when they are sick. to you all esp her.

Anyone i missed i'm sorry but it has been busy in here the last day or two so hard to catch up on all. How you are all ok and bubs treating you well.

Hello all,
    Well, Caden had his 6 month birthday yesterday, how amazing! Can't believe we have had him for six months. In some ways it seems like forever, and other days it feels like it was only yesterday that I brought him home wondering WTF to do with him!

Hoody - wow your lil gal is growing so big already Great that she rolls over from back to tum. Caden is a tummy to back fella, although today he rolled back onto his tum again. I think when he starts crawling he will do it on his bottom, not his tummy cos he hates it.

Heather - another big girl! they are getting so big aren't they? I agree with you, take it as it comes I guess. I was reading a book on routines and she pretty much suggests dinner (solid) at 5, then a milk top up before bed at 7. I might give this a go as soon as I get organised. At least that way once I have given him some solids, I can chuck him in the bath for a rinse off - gosh he can make a mess

As for us, teething again, top teeth are red and swollen, so hopefully they will come through within the week. He can be so happy and then turn into monster child in a matter of seconds. Today he just wouldn't settle in his pram, I had to take him home and as soon as he was in the car he fell asleep, and has now slept for over 2 hours. It is so embarrassing when you are walking around trying to settle him in the pram and he is screaming like a banshee. I just can't seem to ignore the scandalised looks on women's faces as they walk by - I feel like a car will pull up and snatch Caden away and take him to child welfare on account of me being a rotten mumma.

Anyhoo, hope you all have a great weekend!

DB - 6 months already? Cameron just had his 5 month birthday on Friday.

Heather - pigtails already? Aw sounds really cute!

Hoody - How old is DD1? Can you go in the evening so DH can help out? Aw if you lived here we could take them swimming together.

june -You turned your car seat around already? Cameron is 18 pounds (8.1kg) but I was told by my Doctor and my public health not to face him forwards until he's a year old, as even if he's the right weight he's not developed enough to safely sit forward.
    With solids,I agree that you have to let your baby be your guide and if he's gobbling it all down he's obviously ready, I'm just paranoid LOL. I don't think Cameron is quite ready yet so I'm in no hurry.

AS for sleeping, Cameron will usually self settle in the day. I can put him on the bed if he'd drowsy and he'll go straight to sleep but at night he has a harder time and i have to feed him or rock him to sleep most nights. Sometimes though he will just drift off on his own or if I put him down in his cot I'll come back in a bit to find him sleeping. I've been naughty though and have been letting him spend most nights in our bed. I like having him close and feel bad for some reason leaving him all alone in his crib. I also love waking up with a tiny hand in my face and opening my eyes to see him smiling up at me. We're going away for the next three weeks so when we get back I'll transition him back into his own bed. For now I'm enjoying the extra cuddles with him.

Vaccines didn't go so great last week. My husband came this time and held him (he was out of town for the first set). Hubby was so cute, he was super busy at work but came anyways as he didn't want Cameron to have to go through it without him. Cameron cried like crazy but not as bad as last time at least. The next day he had a fever and was super fussy. I gave him tylenol which helped and he was feeling himself again the following day. Not looking forward to the next set!

Well Hello everyone

Finally got internet back up and running! ah, back to the land of the living...

Ok where do I start. Ok Thomas is now 5 months and 9 days old. wow that time has flown. He is 9.3 kg with clothes on and bout 73 cm.

Lately he has been waking of a night time every 2-3 hours. He seems hungry when he wakes also and so a feed settles him and he is straight back to sleep. very tiring tho. not sure why he is doing this and has been for the past few weeks.

We went and had some professional photos done of Thomas. They turned out so well. So cute.

Thomas sits up for quite a while playing, sometimes gets the wobbles and goes sideways, but he loves it. He is rolling over from back to belly and belly to back. He is making so many different noises. He is a little chatterbox! He gets the mum mum mum happening and bub bub bub. He usually says mum mum mum when laying in his cot in the morning awake wanting to get out.

HEATHER - Wow pigtails, how cute, Thomas has a bit of blonde hair and i tend to spike it up in a little mohawk.

TWIN SIS - I hate taking Thomas to get his vaccinations. I got my partner to hold him last time to cause I hate needles myself. We have his 6 mth needles in a few wks!

HOODY - That is so great that DD1 wants to be involved and help out. How cute that she cuddles her in the car when crying.

LIMESLICE - How is Charlotte feeling now?

JUNE - I was thinking about changing Thomas's car seat around cause his legs are too long for it when it is backwards.

DRAGONBUB - How many teeth does Caden have? Thomas still doesnt have any but has been showing the signs for months now.

Gotta fly, so anyone I have missed I will catch next time. Hope your all doing well.

Wow Holly, Thomas is getting so big! 9.3kg! and here I thought my little guy was big! And sitting up/rolling too. Cameron can easily roll form tummy to back but still stuggles with the other direction and he can't sit up by himslef unles he's got a bit of support.

The last 3 or 4 days Cameron has been REALLY fussy. He makes his "i'm hungry" noises but when I put him to the breast he cries and fights it for several minutes before he finally settles down and eats. Then he's still fussy after.......so despite my reservations about starting solids until after 6 months, we bit the bullet and started rice cereal mixed with breast milk last night. He was obviously ready for is as he hoovered it down and was opening his mouth for more. The plan though is to stick with just the cereal now until 6 months and then start introducing other foods. It was so fun feeding him!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast