Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #3

Hey Twinsin

Yep Thomas is a big boy. But he had a head start being 10 pnd 6 & 60 cm long born!

Well we started Thomas on solids a few weeks ago. Being a bigger boy and really interesting in food. He watches every mouthful you take. He had rice cereal with breastmilk to start with, then I just tried him with the rice cereal and boiled water (which doesnt taste as nice), he also loves pureed pears. It is heaps of fun isnt it. Thomas opens up and cant wait for the next spoonful!

Thomas has been really good the last few nights only waking at 2 am, and then 5.30 am, however not wanting to go back to sleep after his 5.30 feed. Prior to this he was waking every couple of hrs for a feed. I cant complain tho because he only takes 5 minutes to feed and he is straight back into bed sound asleep.

Have a good day

Hi all!

Thanks for the hugs and thoughts girls! Charlotte has been alright...the ear infection has cleared up...to make way for The Fusspot! lol Been really unsettled lately, not sleeping longer than a couple of hours, 4 if I'm lucky, so she's been back in bed with me (jut because it's easier to feed her if I don't have to get up in the cold!! lol)

Anyway, aside that though all seems well- I have had to set the JJ a couple of notches higher because she appears to have put on weight (so wasn't being very Jolly when Jumping)
    And we have FINALLY moved on from the squealing, I am so grateful for that one, I thought I was going to have a permanent ring in my ear forever!!

DF comes home tomorrow (WOOT!!) and it's our anniversary, so I have managed to get a babysitter for Friday for so that DF and I can go out to the MOVIES!! (lmao - ever thought I'd be soooo excited to just go the movies again!!!) So excited - we haven't had any time alone together since Charlotte was born, and we kind of need the together time, been feeling a little disconnected. So I cant wait!!

TS: Go Cameron with the cereal! I can't wait to feed Charlotte - I'm glad you enjoyed it! And I hear you about waking up with the hand on your face and hat huge smile in the mornings! It make having no sleep seem so worth it!

Holly: Welcome back!! lol
    Glad to hear Thomas is doing so well- sitting up and rolling -thats ace!! He certainly is going to be a big boy isnt he - taller than you by the time her is 12 lol

Suse: Good to hear the little man is happy and healthy! Go that cloth bum!!

June: Sorry to hear the tooth disappeared!! That will be frustrating! But kudos on the Seven-Minute-Settle!! Thats ace! I wish Charlotte would self-settle...*muttering* lol

Heather: go the pigtails!! Must look so cute Charlotte has a lot of hair, but cant tie it up yet lol And good work hubby on the organic veg...Isn't it amazing how sensitive and protective they are when it comes to their girls

Hoody: Hope Molly is feeling better and the nasty cough is all gone *s for Molly*
    How lovely it must be for you to see Mia so interested and helpful with Molly - hopefully it stays that way!

DB: I know what you mean about *Them* coming to take the baby away cause she's screaming in public!! lol I am so paranoid about people thinking I can't help when she cries...totally irrational of course Happy 6 Months Caden! And I hope those teeth come down for you both soon

Well a GF of mine had her baby yet- get to go and see them today!! SOOO EXCITED get to hold a NEW NB again! lol Will tell you all about the smell tomorrow afternoon hehe

Hope all is well and the day is filled with laughter and happiness for you all!
    Alexis
    x

Hi Limeslice

Yeh he certainly is going to be a big boy. He will tower over his Daddy soon... How funny.

Thomas has just been through that stage where he woke up every few hrs. So I am glad that I am not the only one thats been through that. Its tiring tho, you poor thing. I hope Thomas is over that for the moment. I might get a bit better sleep

Have a good one and enjoy those cuddles with the newborn.

Hello All,
    Have been away down south again so have missed lots of posts.

Lime - enjoy those NB cuddles! My big sis has a 10 week old so that was pretty cool cuddling her all week. My lil sis is due pretty soon and I get to be at the birth, so I am really looking forward to that too. Let us know how it goes

Holly - Caden has two bottom teeth and the two top teeth are on their way. Today he must have munched too hard on the teething ring cos he made them bleed a bit. I think it may be just about to cut through and he just got carried away. VERY grizzly all week which was hard being away from home. And he has a runny nose which he got last time when teething, so am sure they are on their way.

Twinsis - yeah, we snuck into the November group even though Caden was born in October. He was due 7th November but came 3 weeks early the lil tyke!

Well, things are going ok except for a really grizzly week being away from home. He is onto 3 meals a day now, and sometimes whilst he wont take the breast he will scoff down his food. That might be cos of teething tho, cos when I gave him some EBM he drank about 100 ml but wouldn't drink off me, so maybe it was his teeth. He seems to have really changed lately. He has started saying "mumumumum" as well Holly, it sounds so cute doesn't it? He is so much more talkative, and babbles on instead of crying when he is upset, which makes for a nice change. He is rolling both ways now, and seems alot more content on his tum. Today he sat up for about 30 seconds on his own, and is getting so good at it I am sure he wont need my help much longer.

No sign of crawling yet, he might be the "average" bub at 8 months heh heh. In no hurry, thats for sure, as we have ridiculous spiral stairs that I have nightmares over.

Well, hope you are all having a great week. Enjoy the long weekend

Wow Dragonbub, so many teeth!!

It is so cute when they babble. Its funny what they come up with. His Daddy has taught him to roar like a tiger. So funny.

Thoma has started sitting and loves it. He sits there and plays for ages. Is just into everything...

What solids do you feed Caden and about how much does he have at every meal?

Have a good one

Dragonbub- Hope you ahd fun whilst away. 3 meals a day wow i havent started any yet. I'm a bit lazy Oh well i will have to get my self into gear in a couple of weeks when miss molly hits 6 months.

Holly- Sounds like your nights are pretty good. Well done on starting solids- how's it going?

Limeslice
    - Happy Anniversary and i hope you have fun on your night out. Would you believe i havent been to the movies since b4 DD1 so in over 2yrs I find that if we get a night off i'd rather go to dinner so we dont have to sit in silence watching a movie. I find we connect more iykwim but i would love to go for something diff.

Twinsis- I hope Cameron has settled down for you and not so fussy now. Glad you had fun startig him solids and that he enjoyed it. I hope we transition easily like it sounds like you have. I will too be starting on only Rice cereal and then moving on from there. I'm a bit paranoid with solids and DD1 has lots of intolerances.

Willow- Are you hiding on us again??

Hope everyone else is well.

Well we are doing ok but Molly has been quite fussy the last couple of days esp for her day sleeps she normally self settles really well but we have had to work at it this week. I am thinking maybe her teeth as her bottom gums are red and swollen and i can see the 2 front ones just below the skin. I wasnt expecting teeth yet as DD1 didnt get any til over 7 months but i guess only time will tell. We are pretty much completely on the bottle now When i do put her to the breast i think it is more for my benefit i have next to no milk left. I know formula isnt poison etc and i tried my hardest but i am disappointed in my self none the less i really wanted to get to 6 months at least. I miss BFing so much but it is a relief not worrying about my supply etc and knowing she isnt starving all the time and not having to take drugs every day iykwim. Our nights are still going fairly well with a feed about 6pm, occasionally one at 10pm then through til 6am. It like she has an alarm that goes off at this time everyday which is frustrating as she will go back to sleep after that feed so i will go to bed but its guaranteed DD1 will wait till i've just dozed of then she will come in to get me up for the day at about 6.45am. Why is it kids like to get up so dam early? DD1 has been hard work this week as she has an ear infection so has been very grumpy to say the least. The puppy has settled in very nicely and i am enjoying walking her every day but i am finding even less time for me with 2 kids, a dog and a hubby how am i supposed to find time for me? If anyone has any tricks let me know. Well i hope you all have a lovely long weekend.

OK, I'm here but have to be MEGA quick...will BBL for personals I promise!!

News here - L has been sick with a cold so not sleeping as well at night. Still haven't started solids, hopefully in a week or so. AND - he's crawling!! YIKES!!

BBL - promise!!

Well, it's all over for you now Willow!! pmsl...
    Hope you got your energy

Hi lovelies!!

I'm gonna start with personals first this time, so when Mr stops feeding at least I'll have said Hi properly. (That was at 7 this morning. WE've had a fun morning - 4 feeds, three plays, one little sleep in our bed, one monster spew, not in our bed fortunately...)

Hoody - glad the 3rd M is working out, even if it reduces the available 'you' time. On the breast feeding front, you, out of everyone should feel the most proud of what you did, because you tried absolutely everything you could. Regardless of whether it worked or not, the thing to be proud of is that you gave it your all. Pushing it that bit further wouldn't have made Molly happier or healthier, and it wouldn't have changed the outcome. You did the right thing hon, and you know it, it's just sad that something you wanted so much didn't work out, but you shouldn't feel disappointed with your own efforts.

Willow - OMG, crawling!!! I don't envy that one! Euan is nowhere near it and I'm glad, one of our IRL mums' group babies is just starting to crawl and he'd be the same age as L. I sometimes forget that E is the 'baby' of the group! Are you looking forward to the christening? (And to the 'other' event happening around that time?)

Holly - LOL at the tiger roaring. E has gone from baby dolphin to squeaky door. I do have to ask what you're feeding him though - that's a big boy you've got!! I've often wondered if there is a correlation between size and strength in the way that motor skills develop - the two 'big' bubbas in our mums group are both very strong and have developed skills like rolling and crawling much quicker. Not that it matters in the end - but it does seem to make it easier. We're gonna send E to baby gym to build up these chicken arms!! LOL.

LS - sorry you've got Ms Fusspot, but at least it's not Ms Squealy Fusspot. Euan also seems over the squealing, probably was sick of it too... Hope your anniversary is a tops night out!!

Dragonbub - how cool that you'll get to be at your sister's birth (well, you know what I mean), and that there'll be so many cousins all round the same age. Both DP and I are only children so no cousins for Euan.

TwinSis - Euan has also been doing the fussing at the boob, only on a few feeds (average one or two a day but not every day). He's hungry as, and will start feeding, then just stop and scream at the boob. It's so hard to figure out what is actually bugging him, whether it's a slow letdown thing or something else (I never feel a letdown). He's been feeding a lot more often again - must be a growth spurt - but I'm going to hold out as long as I can before getting him onto solids. He's not really interested yet and just doesn't seem ready to me (maybe wishful thinking that my little boy's not growing up)

June - Yay on the self settling thing. Hope it's still going well for you. And bummer on the receding tooth, how frustrating. Maybe it will come through easier the second time.

Heather - Kimmy sounds like a little cutie with the pigtails. We've got a nearly baldy here - I'm not used to seeing a baby with hair! Oh well, one less thing to wash!

Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone! As for us, the young gentleman had his first swimming lesson on Tuesday. OMG talk about water baby! He loved it, although he was a little bemused at first at the sensation of so much water, but got into it pretty quickly. Um, what else - at last weighing (two weeks ago) he was 6.68kg and 70cm long. He's still only rolling from back to front, but has almost figured out that he can roll in both directions. He's making these odd little syncopated noises that sound like a squeaky door, and is generally being very talkative. Still a night owl, bedtime usually between 10:30 and 11:30, waking between 6:00 and 7:00, but sometimes has a nap in the evening depending on how well he's slept during the day.

We're off to the pub for Anzac Day lunch so will see you all later!

Suse - that's great about your water bub. Mine is not so keen, but is starting to splash alot more. I think it is so important to teach them water awareness. I mean, it is not as if they can swim just yet, but it is great to start early so they are not afraid of the water when they are learning to swim. AND it is great fun! Tuckers them right out tho, Caden usually sleeps for 2-3 hours afterwards

Willow - great to hear from you. Hope you stop by again soon. Can't believe your bubba is crawling! I am sooo not looking forward to that one with our house being 3 story. Did he just up and do it, or was he doing the rocking, commando thing? Caden is yet to even consider crawling. He just reaches out for something and if he can't grab it, he just gives up and rolls back over to his back It is cute and keeps him happy, but as usual I stress that he wont crawl til later. I guess it doesn't matter as long as he is strong enough, he is building up his muscles after all, and I am sure that once he is interested he will get up and go one way or another!

Hoody - I agree with Suse, you should be so proud of what you did. Later, when you are reflecting on your journey as a mother to Molly, I am sure you will know that you did the very best that you could, and sometimes life just doesn't comply with our deepest wishes. You really should give yourself a break. There was NOTHING you could have done differently that would have enabled you to breastfeed longer. I think you knew your limitations, and THAT is what perfect mothering is about. You have tried so hard and Molly is such a lucky girl to have her mumma wish so hard for her to have the very best that she can give. You are still giving her the very best now, by allowing her to grow and be strong, and allowing yourself permission to give up what you most desire. As for YOU time, if you find out how to get some, let me know LOL. But I shouldn't complain, I just have the one bubba!

Holly - I try for 3 meals a day, as this seems to keep him the most satisfied, particularly now cos he is teething and has a stuffy nose, so is very fussy at the breast. I give him fruit with cereal for breaky (although yesterday we tried baby yoghurt - yummy), plain vege for lunch, like today he will have sweet potato, and then maybe some plain or mixed fruit in the arvo. So far we have tried apple, pear, banana, avocado (loved this at first now hates it), potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, and carrot. It was hard to pack my home-cooked meals for our trip down south, so I just bought jar food, but really, they don't do too many simple serves, and I hadn't yet tried Caden with pumpkin or other fruits. It was so hard to get simple serves! Therefore he tried pumpkin out for the first time, but has suffered no ill consequence He always eats the whole amount, which equates to about 2 tablespoons I guess. He is a piglet. He has dropped a feed though, not totally, just has less breast throughout the day, but still has a big morning and evening feed.

Well, as for us, lots of mamamas and dadadadas, with some bubbas thrown in for good measure. It is so cute when he laughs his head off and babbles. The mummas seem to come when he is upset, and the daddas when he is just babbling...typical!

It has been a fairly trying week due to teething and the flu, and DH is sick also. I think we are all a bit run down and need a break.

Just on a side, I have a friend with a bub a couple months older than Caden. She always says how great it is being a mum and she doesn't find it hard at all. But having said that, she was almost in tears trying to put him to sleep one night cos he just kept crying. I mean, I think it is great also, but it is certainly the hardest thing I have ever done. Why don't some mums just admit that it is hard? It doesn't mean you love your baby any less, or that they are not perfect in your eyes, but that in reality, it is not easy? I felt judged because I admitted that it wasn't easy, but really, I am sure that she feels the same, she just doesn't want to admit it. It is coming on here and seeing that others are having sleepless nights, battling with teething and craving some "me" time that makes me feel what I am going through is normal, not just the result of me being a bad mother.

Anyhoo, got that off my chest! Hope you all had a great Anzac weekend, and have a great week

DB - you are completely normal!! This is my second time arond and it's still hard, if not harder, than the first time! This is the most challenging thing I have ever done, or probably will ever do, but it's also the most rewarding and most important and that's why we do it!! I don't know why people can't admit it. Maybe they think that makes them a bad mum, or people will think they're not 'coping'?? I'm always very, very open and honest about what motherhood is like, I wish everyone was the same.

With the crawling thing - sorry was in a rush when I posted, should have said it's just commando at this stage thank god! But he gets around, can go from loungeroom to kitchen to dining room etc etc. I definitely have to watch where i put him and what's on the floor etc etc.

No babbling yet, well nothing I can decipher anyway!

We're having a shocker with sleep at the moment - he has a cold and I strongly suspect a tooth coming through but god I just want some more sleep!!

Big week coming up for us with his christening and my 30th, have family and friends flying in and out so probably won't be around for a week or so but when i come back, I promise to catch up properly and do some personals and everything! Not enough time in the day at the moment.

Hi all,

It seems forever since I have been here, but time gets away.. Tomorrow comes and goes as quick as today!!!

Well Kimberley has been growing up so fast. We have finally made it past 6kgs. Yippee Think having solid food has helped there! Getting ready to go out for the day has just become harder, having to take meals as well. There is no going back now and 3 lots of food are demanded a day.. rice cereal for brekky, fruit (pears or apples) for lunch and vege (sweet potato) for dinner.. Must think about some other foods to give variety. We are making it, so really need to get my act together.

Kimberley spent 3 nights with her grandparents last week. I ended up working Monday and Tuesday, and then we decided to go see Phantom of the Opera on Thursday. Great musical, but decided no more time apart for a while now. She is starting to realise that we have been away from each other and gets so excited when she comes home, it takes a few nights to get back into a routine. DH was so proud when she was bawling for me, and he managed to get her to sleep.. It was a huge confidence boost for him when it also happened the 2nd night!

We had our 1st haircut last weekend. The fringe was in her eyes, so I finally accepted the time had come, however was not letting the scissors anywhere near the rest of her hair, just the fringe.

Dragonbub - I hear you on motherhood being the hardest thing you have done. And you will see from what I am about to write, that your not the only one to think it can be hard work.. Before I had Kimmy, who we planned, I was a career woman and used to things going my way.. Boy did I have a culture shock. Only this morning I was in tears cause I was over the whole thing (less sleep, no time to what I want/need to do). DH always gets unbroken sleep, and while I am lucky that Kimmy normally sleeps through, I am the one that is up if she doesn't, and I normally don't get much done till she is in bed which means I don't get early nights. We were away on the weekend, and DH went for a few drinks, and kimmy was unsettled, so I didn't get much sleep, and had to deal with grumpy DH cause he had a hangover. Don't get me wrong, he is great with her and will do anything that is required when required, but he gets time to himself. Through the week, if he is on afternoons (starting at 1.00pm), he puts her in daycare about 9.30 so he can get things done, if he is on earlies (finishing at 1 or 2 pm), he picks her up about 4.30 after he has done what he needs to and if he is off, yep, he still puts her in daycare on her booked days.. Me on the other hand, I work 3 days and have Kimmy 4 days, and with a child that doesn't sleep much in the day, (and something that all us mothers are fully aware) it is so hard to do common things like shower, housework, hang the washing etc without having to think "is kimmy ok to leave where she is, is it safe for her to be with me (depending on what I am doing).. Sorryfor my gripe, but feel less frustrated now I have written down. And I was over it by the time DH left for work, but I was tired this morning.

Now for personals..

Willow - GL with the christening and the birthday.. Hope you have a good time! Hope some sleep is on the cards very soon..

Dragonbub - on the babbling. Nothing Kimmy says makes sense, but think we are getting close to Dadda, means he has to get up to her. And yep, it is so hard to buy plain food in the jar.. Think the only plain thing I have been able to find is apple.

Suse - glad Euan liked the water! The noises sound as though they are cute I can share Kimmy's hair with Euan, she has plenty to go round..

Hoody - you did a great job with the breastfeeding, and even though you feel as though what you are currently doing it is only for your benefit, it is better than nothing. I know that Kimmy gets almost nothing from me (I am lucky to cover the bottom of the bottle if I express), but if Molly is still sucking, she is benefiting. But hope a few make you feel a bit better. Hope Mia is a bit better now.. As for the 'me time', I now just tell DH that I am having an hour to myself, and don't want to be bothered by him or Kimmy. I just don't really give him a choice, and it has worked so far, he is big enough to know what to do.

Holly - am sure that Kimmy is going to tower over me too.. DH is tall so, she is taking after him. You must have had some wicked milk to have such a big boy, but he sounds adorable! I feed Kimmy 2 small icecube size servings at a time for the fruit/veges or about a 1/3 of a jar at each sitting.

Limeslice - Did you have fun at the movies?? Glad to hear the squealing has moved on, but it comes back at a different pitch!! GLad to hear she is on the mend, it makes it so hard when they are sick.. Don't know how you sleep with DD in your bed.. Kimmy kicks me out, so she gets evicted to the cot, but even the noises from there drive me nuts, so she is back in her own room and us in ours (there was too much washing on the spare bed, so we went back to our room down the other end of the house and put the monitor on.. Nice to be back in our king size bed.)

Twinsis - those 1st feeds are so fun aren't they.. Was good that DH was able to get away for the injections. I believe that is good for both baby and dad. Baby gets to see that Dad is also around to help protect them, and Dad feels more involved and protective.

June - hope all is going well.. Will catch up with you at mothers group tomorrow..

Well hope that is everyone.. That will probably be me for another week (well it seems that I only get round to posting that often now I am working again)..

Take care everyone, till next time...

Ok so I've been a little slack but I am back now (well at least until Jacob wakes up). Have been getting organised for the Christening this weekend and the IL's staying for a week .

After a few nights last week of being up every few hours (seems like a common theme around here lately - must be a developmental thing), he is back to feeding at 11 and 3am, then up from 6am. Sometimes still up at 5am, but I am trying to put a stop to that. The self-settling during the day has been going really well, although he decided to fight me tooth and nail yesterday. I guess we can all have off days. We went and got measured last week and are now 8.1kgs and 66.5cm longs. Very chubby bubby!!! He has been getting a bit fussy with BF lately (although I'm not sure if blowing raspberries on my nipple is fussy or just silly). I had to increase the BF's last week so I think we had a growth spurt happening.

We are also on 3 meals of solids a day too. Breakfast is usually rice cereal and fruit (apple, pear, pawpaw). Lunch is vegies (pumpkin, sweet potoato, carrot, sweetcorn, beans, potato, avocado) and maybe yoghurt (just the natural stuff). Dinner is vegies too. Have progressed a bit now from just offering one vegie or fruit at a time. I was reading that with fruit and vegies if you have tried a few and they are going down ok you can start offering a few mixtures. So have made up a carrot, potato and sweet potato mix and had been given some jars of apple, pear and apricot as well as sweetcorn and beans so have divided them up in frozen lots. I bought these ice-cube trays for baby food that are a bit larger than normal ice cubes (about 25mls) and he is having 2 of those per feed pretty much.

Limeslice - glad to hear the ear infection has cleared up. Hope you had a good anniversary.

Holly84 - PMSL about the roaring. DH does that here as well. I am sure Jacob is going to grow up thinking that ROAR is a form of greeting. Wow Thomas is getting so big.

Dragonbub - on Caden sitting. Jacob is doing that too now. He loves it! Still no rolling though (very lazy boy!!). I hear you on this being the hardest thing ever. I mean Jacob is a pretty good baby really, but this is really hard! Being able to talk with other mums like you guys is great. Knowing you aren't the only one going through it is really important. Too many people try to put on this brave face and say everything is fine when really its not. Its hard to open up and ask for help sometimes, but I have found it very therapeutic!!

Hoody - love the updated photo!. Big hugs to you. I know how important it has been for you to BF, but to get this far is great. Oh and i hear you on the no time to yourself, although with only one little person in the house I can't complain too much.

Willow - crawling? Oh dear. I have nightmares about that. Too many stairs in my house. Hope the cold has disappeared. If we don't see you back on here beforehand have a lovely Christening and have a wonderful 30th!!

Suse - so glad Euan loved swimming.

Heather28 - oh a haircut. She probably did need it. Trying to hold out here as long as possible. Love the new photo!

Twinsis - Glad the rice cereal went down well.

I think thats it for the moment. Probably won't be on for a week as the house will be full of visitors. Jacob will be 6 months old on Sunday. This is all going way too fast!! But it will be nice that a lot of his family will be here to celebrate with him.

Hope all the bubs behave! Talk soon.

June - Seems like the week for christenings. We are getting Caden done on Mothers Day, which will nice to have all the mum's in one place anyway. We have mixed up our food a bit as well. I make it in single serves, then just pop two different cubes in the bowl to defrost, like potato and pumpkin, or apple and carrot etc. It is easier cos then you get many combos.

Heather - my yes the time flies! I think you are amazing with all the work you do. I find it so hard to just clean up the house, let alone work as well. I have some uni to finish off and am having difficulty getting motivated, and then finding the time.

Well, BBL cos bubs is crying...

Hi All

Well I have the flu at the moment, so tiring when you dont feel 100%. My chest is that tight its hard to breath. Thomas is still fine at the moment. Fingers crossed he doesnt get sick. He had a runny nose yesterday and I thought he was getting sick but it has gone today and it looks like there is a tooth about to pop its little head out!!

Thomas has been sleeping a little better at night now. He is still pretty much waking every 3 hours for a feed. Has anyone else had their bubs do this? Any suggestions as to getting them out of that habit? Not that it worries me but he is still in our room as we are at my parents place and he wakes up his Daddy who has to get up early for work. Thomas use to only wake once a night but for the past 3 wks or so he has been waking every 3 hours or so.....

For those that have started solids, at what times do you feed your bubs?

How long for and how many day sleeps does everyones bubs have?

Dragonbub - That will be nice to have Caden christened on Mothers Day. We are having a naming day for Thomas in June. I havent tried Thomas on avocado or carrot. I must try those next. He loves his food too. He is not quite on 3 meals a day yet but I am going to start.

Willow - Crawling! Oh wow thats exciting and scary at the same time. No stopping bub now. Happy 30th and have fun at with the christening.

June - Good luck with the christening and I hope that you are enjoying having everyone stay!

Heather - I cant beleive that Kimberley needed a haircut already. Thomas hasnt got heaps of hair. although it is growing over his ears and looks quite funny!! Yep definately got some good milk. It still sprays out all over him when he feeds..

Suse - Lol about those little chicken arm and sending him to baby gym. Thomas had a head start being 4.705 kgs born and 60 cm long - he has just powered on since then and love the booby...

Hoody - Excellent effort with all you have done. U have done the best and i think thats great. Thomas has been self settling throughout the day sometimes. He loves being on his side. And i hear ya on the getting up so early. Thomas is up between 6 and 6.30am and then gets cranky and is back in bed by about 7 - 7.30am.

Limeslice - How was the movies and your time with your DH? How were your newborn cuddles?

Twinsis - How is the feeding going?

Its great to be able to type this while Thomas is sitting up playing with his toys!

Take care all, Holly

Ooh, quick update (well, mummy brag more like)!!! Euan's started sitting up unassisted!! He is still supporting himself with his hands, but can correct his balance up to a certain point before it all gets too much and he falls over, usually faceplanting which is pretty funny (oh what a mean mum I am - but I always catch him before he hits the ground... ).

What a clever boy!!!

Hi guys,

Just a quick one from me to reply to Holly about solids and sleep in our camp..

I feed Kimberley rice cereal (about 2 teaspoons of rice cereal before adding FF, and sometimes add some fruit)in the mornings around 8ish. She has a bottle when she 1st wakes about 6-6.30 and when she starts getting hungry again, I give the rice cereal and another bottle and she goes back to sleep. Then around 11-12 I feed her some fruit or veges (2 ice cubes or 1/2 jar), and then about 5, I feed her fruit or veges (whatever she didn't have at lunch time). But she is quite little, so you might find that Thomas will want more than this. I also give her a bottle before bed, and whenever she wants anything in between these times.. I also offer some water after all solids she has.. Sometimes it is welcomed, other times she realy screws her nose up..

Our daytime sleeps are really hit and miss, but this last week, she has been sleeping for about 60-90 mins in the morning, then about that in the early afternoon. She is normally in bed between 6 & 7 and normally sleeps through (hope I haven't jinxed myself here )

oh and Suse on the sitting up.. These kinda things make us so proud of our little ones and your always allowed to "mummy brag".. We aren't quite there yet, but getting close..

Kimmy has learnt to laugh, not just the hehe, but full on giggles.. She has 2 more teeth coming through, so kinda glad I am only doing 1/2 day tomorrow as she will probably want her mummy. Oh, and when I was at mothers group the other day, the little monkey rolled under the couch and laughed as I tried to get her out..

June - after talking the other day about gripe water, I gave it a go and it tastes like a really sweet cough mixture.. For everyone else, this came about at mothers group when I was telling the ladies how Kimmy will drink gripe water from the dropper and look for more (not that she gets more than the recomended dose and only has about once a fortnight), but won't open her mouth for anything else medicinal..

Hope you all have a good weekend, and for fellow queenslanders, enjoy the long one!!!

Sorry girls i am around but no time to post i am having a tough week! Been super busy and DD1 had a major allergic reaction to some cake mix whilst been looked after by a friend cos i had a migraine. She is very allergic to egg and raw egg is even worse so you can only imagine how bad it was. Molly is super unsettled too, maybe teeth, maybe the weather who knows. I will try and do personals soon but right now my brain has left the building and i am exhausted. BBL.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast