... 45678 ...

thread: Babies Born October 2007 #2

Nov 2006
    brisbane

hey just quick one! these drops infacol(sp) arethey for reflux? If they are there is a great natural one called mariners my sil used it on both her boys and it worked wonders! its an austtralian owned and made which is great!

welcome to our new mummies and bubbies too! have to go feed the man! x

CatherineL Guest

Amber - Infacol is for wind... but they are made in Australia! LOL...

Celtic, AH! I see... I was confused there... I wouldn't think you could mix them together... only because I personally wouldn't like the taste of it I wouldn't think and therefore wouldn't give it to my baby, but I'm no expert on these things. I'm sure the more you pump the more your supply you will gain and you might even gain enough to supply him his whole dinner with EBM? Mastitis is still ouchy... still having lots of shooting and burning pains - But getting Ro to the boob much easier thankfully. A little achey all over... but I know it could have gotten allot more severe!

This week has been a bit of a mess... not only did I develop mastitis and thrush but our laptop that we paid over 3K for ***** itself... we rang up about it because it has warranty and they reckon it's the hard drive and they need to replace it... Normally we wouldn't be so worked up about it, but all of our wedding pics are on there and more importantly all of Rochelle's photo's... especially the special ones of just as she was born and me in labor and us in hossy etc. How sad... We only have the few of each occasion on facebook - lucky we have those atleast!

Nother question... Is it Ok for me to head back to the gym now? I'm more than happy with my weight... I can't believe how flat my tummy is after having a baby, but i'm lacking abs and muscle. Plus I just love gym... It's something I can do for me!

ETA - Aside from the BF issues we've been having, I feel like I have had it easy out... My lochia is just about gone... I've been wearing panty liners for the last few days, it's that light! I thought I'd bleed for 6 weeks after birth...
    Last edited by CatherineL; November 3rd, 2007 at 11:34 AM.

Aug 2007
    Perth, WA

Just a quick hello!!

Catherine - they usually recommend you wait until your 6-week check and get the aok from the Dr before you start serious exercise again... if you want to start earlier you need to go see your Dr and get the ok!

DH = he has his moments when I think he is coping wonderfully and he his being a wonderful support, then after a night like last night he is a mess today and thinks he is a failure - so I am trying very hard to reassure him!

Anyways - taking Kaylee down for a visit to mums and giving DH a break! So better get moving

Jul 2005
    Sydney

Catherine- like Viv said witht he c/s they take it out through your incision once bub is out.
    I actually asked to look at the placenta this time because i always wondered what mine looked like and missed out last time. Its not a very nice feeling because they rummage around inside you and you can feel all the tugging and hear everything just cant feel the pain or see it..... i felt very uneasy through the whole procedure, something i cannot even recall last time around.
    Thats great you had a good outing and bf went well whilst out!

My dh has gone to a wedding. i could have gone but didnt feel up to it. He is staying at a friends the night so we dropped Nix to my parents and its just me and Tyron for the next 24hrs!
    DH i dunno how he is handling it, good in one way but not in another. he goes back to work on monday and i think he cant wait! he has had enough of washing, vacuuming, pooey nappies and tantrums in the last 3 weeks!

CatherineL Guest

Thanks Peta, sucks bout the exercise... Might go back after my mastitis has cleared up a bit because I could just see him saying no because of my mastitis and that I should be resting until it's gone. I hope you enjoy your outting!

Nickers and VIv... thanks for the info RE: Placenta... I definately can't imagine it being a nice feeling... But it's pretty yucky vaginally too... They had to pull mine away from my uterus and the feeling was horrible... just pulling on that cord! I was worried they were gonna pull my whole uterus out. The feeling of it coming out was disgusting... gives me the heebyjebbies just thinking about it! Your right Nic, how feral looking is the actual placenta... and how massive is it? Apparently mine was really raggerty looking... but I don't know how much nicer it could look and how people could eat it! YUCK!... No offence if anyone did actually eat it here...

Feb 2007

You mean you didn't have placenta lasagne for tea? LOL aww yuck no sorry I couldn't do it! I had the dr's ask me if I wanted to eat it or bury it under a tree I thought 'what the hell for?'. It looks pretty yuck they held it up for me and wobbled it around *shudders* I'm sorry I know it's very important and kept Ryan fed and alive but it's jobs done now!

I'm glad you caught the mastitis pretty early I hear it can get really really bad if you just leave it. I'd like to be able to EBM to a point that I could express all his feeds don't really have any confidence it's going to happen though.

I got to go to the shops by myself today!! Shopping is so much easier without trying to wiggle bubs about and keep Daddy out of the chips and chocolate isle!! I swear we spend an extra $100 on junk when he's with me!

As for the gym I was told to wait till my 6week check and that if I felt the need to exercise to go for gentle walks around the block as the last thing you want to do is overextend yourself and still have a bubby to look after. Each person is different and heals differently though so definately check with your dr if you feel ready

CatherineL Guest

LOL - Embarassing enough... My Mum actually asked to keep it... from the other side of the room I yelled, 'NOOOO, YOU ARE NOT KEEPING MY PLACENTA!' Everyone just laughed... But my Mum was serious... But it was pretty kool to see and the middies actually held it up and showed us how it's positioned in the uterus and held it so the membranes fell down around it and we could see how it all came together.. I never knew that the membranes that held the water in were actally attached to the placenta... I'm not sure how I thought it all to be, but I never imagined the membranes to look like that either. I suppose I imagined a clear bag holding it all together?

Lauren, Don't give up! I hear women that have 8 month olds relactate successfully! I'm sure there is lots of hope for you yet! Maybe do some research into increasing your supply? I know there are things Drs can prescribe to help you increase your supply if that's what you want.

Can't believe I have to wait another 4-5weeks before I can gym? I am definately going to see my GP just incase he says I can go sooner... I mean I had a pretty uneventful birth and it would prolly be a different story if I had tears etc.

Have fun shopping... I gotta go.. Can hear Rochelle stirring.

Mar 2007
    Live from the Gold Coast

catherine - just remember that you're still full of relaxin and other hormones that make you feel like spaghetti. it might be too easy for you to injure yourself.

lucky you to be down to liners. mine is still annoying. not on maternity pads now but it's still not exactly pleasant.

how do you tell mastitis from just general engorgement?

CatherineL Guest

Very true Viv... didn't think of that - but I was just thinking, I don't really want to leave Rochelle in the creche at her age.. I'd hate for her to catch something nasty! And mastitis is burning, shooting, throbbing pain, red patches and also feel achey like you have the flu. That's what mine was like anyway... and you can also have lumps etc. I didn't have any but my boobs were just like rocks. When I was engorged, my MW told me to take Voltaren... OMG, it helped so much! When I took them, my boobs were still really full and big, just not rock hard and aching!

becky Guest

Hey everyone! Just popping in quickly to say hi, glad everyone is doing well with their bubs! Will come back tonight for more pesonals.

BellyBelly Member

May 2005
    Brisbane

LOL Celtic - placenta lasagne. I caught a look at mine in the dish. The middie did ask if I wanted to examine it. I can just imagine taking it home, planting it in the backyard, and then my dogs digging it up, rolling in it and then bringing it inside. Eeewww....

Have started to hurt in the vg area again and the lochia is getting heavy again. Is this normal at 7 days post delivery? I have been really trying to do my pelvic floor exercises so I don't know if the discomfort is from that or from the uterus shrinking.

Well this time last week I was in active labour. Can't believe what a long but amazing week it has been. Our lives have completely changed.

DH has been amazing. He did admit that he had a bit of a teary on one of his short visits home from the hospital. Having said that DH is home with me for another 5 weeks so I am sure we will have our moments.

Mar 2007
    Live from the Gold Coast

saffi - it should be getting progressively lighter and easier to manage. occasionally i will have a day that's moderately heavier than the day before but as long as it tapers off again it's normal. i checked with the ob in hosp and she said that some days would be more than others.

i would be concerned about pain and considerably more bleeding as a sign of infection. keep an eye on it.

on another note...

i've been out of the house twice this week and i've got a taste for it!!! i'm like one of those sheep dogs... now i'm looking for any excuse to get dh to take me out (not allowed to drive).

we're going for a walk along the beach esplanade thingo this morning. heh. pity gigantor is asleep in his cot. treachery... how to get him up without waking him up.... *ponders*

where's bel (goldilocks)?

Nov 2006
    brisbane

Happy birthday Kim!!!!!!

Add Khaleesi on Facebook

Feb 2007
    Wonderland

Happy Bithday Kim

Love the avvie Amber

Feb 2007

saffi- I was told by the hospital between days 7-14 (so wk 2) you can have a secondary...pv...oh damn can't remember what she said pvh or pvp or something, anyway they said it was normal as I got renewed red bleeding and was passing lots of little clots but they said to go to my gp asap he felt my uterus to make sure there was no lumps and gave me antibiotics to prevent infection and also because my stitches were bleeding pretty bad and my bits were swollen and sore and a bit pong (sorry for the tmi)

Jul 2006

Saffi with Chelsea all my bleeding stopped by day 10....and then maybe a week later it came back heavier then i could have imagined. But all normal.

This time i feel as if im never gunna stop and its driving me mental!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. My 2 girls let me have sleep ins. Jasmine woke at 7.50 and Chelsea only just woke at 10.30!!!

Jul 2005
    Sydney

happy birthday Kim! what a ncie pressie from the girls letting you sleep in!!

Amber lovely avater!

Saffi- lol my dogs would do the same thing if we buried anything in the back yard!

Dh has just arrived home as he had the wedding yesterday and stayed at his friends close by.
    Tyron & I had a nice bath together yesterday, i let him lay on my chest and he even had a few licks around my breasts. But next fee same story doesnt want a bar of it.
    I spent half the night crying because i just want it to work out but am exhausted trying....
    so off again to express, if anything atleast when that dies down i have a truck load of supply to keep him going for a while.

ETA: whoo hoo look at my avater!! Bath from my June buddies did a fantastic job creating it!

Jul 2006

Wow...i never noticed the av's....Very nice Nic and Amber

I should have my new one soonish!

... 45678 ...