Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007

Default Babies Born October 2007

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - christy7@bellybelly.com.au ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - lea13@bellybelly.com.au
    Sherie - sherie@bellybelly.com.au ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - astrolady@bellybelly.com.au ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Whoo Hoo October buddies thread!
    Hopefully I will be in here on day soon )

I can't wait to join in on this one too!

Surely our day will be here soon enuf ladies!! :P

I'll be back (in three weeks or so). I was wondering how we'd all keep in touch, seeing that we have been together now for 8 months.

*pokes belly*
    C'mon out .. I want to join this thread!

Well someone's gotta start!

I'm too shy to start again in september, so you october gals are stuck with me! LOL

Luella is 9 days old today and all is going well. She sleeps well, feeds every three hours and makes loads of ****ty nappies. (Has christened me with one projectile poo, and i am sure she was smirking about it.) So nothing really to complain about, but have been on the verge of tears for three days now, pressuming i am experienceing the normal baby blues and not some kind of early pnd. i don't want to leave her behind anywhere just yet!
    Had 3 hours straight sleep this am and feeling a million bucks.

Having a few random thoughts:

Nipples a little sore, but bearable.

Don't like strangers touching her.

Vjj feeling good, coccxy still really hurts. Even sneezed without incident yesterday!

How's everyone else coping?

Hi Ange

My bubs hasn't arrived yet, but since you have posted, thought I'd say hi. Like some of the later Oct ladies been lurking in the early Oct group so already know of Luella's arrival. Love the name. I'm glad she is treating you well so far. You make three hours sleep sound like a luxury!!

Can't really comment on anything as this one is my first. I'll be warned about the projectile poo. I'm having a boy so probably got to be prepared for both types.

Hopefully bubs won't be too far away, but kind of think he's too comfortable in there atm.

I'm sure the Oct ladies will start moving over here soon.

S

On yay Ange for starting the group!
    It sounds like Luella is going really well at the moment. How long does she generally take to feed?
    Have you got some cream for your nipples before they get too sore? oh whats the name of it, starts with L and its a purple tube? if you dont know what i am talking about i will go find the tube and let you know, does great things for sore and cracked nipples though!

I hope i can join you soon, and if i end up with a Nov bub i will no doubt stick with the oct buddies cause we've been through the whole journey together!

You girls are stuck with me as well.
    Everything is going well here, expect Maddi is having wind problems.
    She's not one for burping nurse said some babies just don't burp they fluff.
    Maddi seems to be in so much pain sometimes & i hate that i can't do anything for her

Poor little munckin! Luckily luella doesn't seem to have that problem Mo, she burps and farts as good as her mother!

Does anyone know if there are rules about having a bath after giving birth? Sounds like a stupid qn, probably is! But would love a bath.....

hi girls,

well i now know im normal after reading your post ange, have been teary too, nipples sore and myles is great at peeing everywhere and doing super poos!lol
    we have started to settle in well he is feeding really well, has a fondness for the right boob though! so my left is sometimes double in size, so loving the breast pump!

I know my OB said no baths but i had stitches so dont know! Im not very sore anymore which is great but stii very focused on the stitches! Dont like to laugh or cough very hard!haha!

im the same i dont like strangers even certain friends touching him!
    He has a bit of an icky eye and had to go to the gp today and get some drops which isnt nice but hopefully it will clear up soon!

lilly i hope you can get maddi some relief poor little love, they look like there in so much pain and it breaks my heart!

have had lots of broken sleep, but he sleeps for at least 3 hours at a time which is great!

well off to change yet annother nappy!

Ange i know when i had Chels they hossy suggested warm bath with a bit of salt....and i never done it in fear it would hurt!

Ooo, its nice to have some more friends popping in here.

Amber- its nice to know someone else is teary too! i read 80% of woman suffer from baby blues, so i guess we are not alone! Funny about the boob, she likes my left more than right!

Luella just had a bath with me, she loved it. i had a couple of stitches but i figure they are damp down there anyway! I just didn't add any soap or anything.

Gotta run, feed time .....

you cant help the teariness, it will go away guys but just ride with it. Im sure you guys will all be comfnorting us in a few weeks when we're at the teary stage.
    I hope Myles eye clears up soon Amber

Amber Maddi had sticky eye & we had to use the eye drops as well, her eye is fine now but the midwife said she'll most likely get it again so to use warm salty water to clean her eye if it gets sticky again & to only use the cotton ball once then throw it out.

I had the baby blues as well still get it now but it is getting better.

Maddi still getting wind but it's doen't seem to be as bad now, she's been burping a little bit more so that's made us both happier

Mo- maddi looks soooooo cute in your ticker! Like a little princess! Luella has hardly been out of bonds wondersuits, what a boring mummy i am!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast