Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #3

Smile

Hello Ladies,
    Well I have some good news I have been offered a job at Priceline Pharmacy, I have taken the offer. I will be working full time for 3 weeks and then drop back to 20 hours a week. I am so happy knowing that I will have permeant hours each week.
    I had a call from my other work this morning to ask me to come in for a shift, I had to turn it down as I didn’t want to miss this 2nd interview, looks like the gamble has paid off.
    Had MG this arvo, we are now meeting every 2nd Friday and taking it in turns at having it at each other’s house. It was a really nice arvo sipping wine and working on our tans while the kids played under the umbrella on the grass.
    Some of you December girls would remember Sammy Baileys mum, well she gets married next weekend. Bailey has started walking so it has been great timing as now he can walk down the isle instead of crawl.
    Tracey - Congrats on Jordan taking his first steps. Looks like Jett is the last one pullin up the rear.
    Nikki – You poor thing, I hope the kids start to feel better really soon.
    Melissa – I hear you on ‘the funds in the bank’ bit, this 2nd income is going to be very handy.
    Meg Yay Coco!!! I bet you were just so proud of her Meg. There will be no stopping her now. Jett can stand-alone for ages but is really scared to take the step.
    Missy – My photo page is working now, Thank goodness.
    Krisvee – You remind me of my friend Eb, she just loves to shop. She will never plan to buy anything and always comes back with truck loads. You can never have enough stuff.

Hi!

Grr - last night some people across our road were having a party (we live in units) which normally wouldn't bother me to much but they were walking right past my window and yelling and screaming...Because dh wasn't home it just made me really nervous iykwim? I think I finally dozed off around 12.30...They better not do it again tonight!!! (I feel like such an old fogey...hehe)

Big Yeah to Jordan taking his steps as well!! Woohoo!!

Nikki - So sorry to hear the kids are so sick...it must be so hard for you - I hope you get heaps of help over the weekend! Let me know if you need some help next week!

Danielle - Woohoo on the job at Priceline!! Thats great!! Glad you had fun at MG..mine seems to be slowly disentegrating...we usually meet up every fn but everyone seems so busy that it just doesn't happen...
    The spending will just have to stop from now though...we have huge goals at the moment and if I don't stop we'll never reach them!

yeah it is a bit of a trap being a stay at home mum kritie,you need to get out of the house and the shops are usually the place to go and before you know it you have spent a fortune,i am the same,when dh sees our bank account he is going to spew.
    i took chantelle back to the dr last night as she has bad dioreah and vomiting,turns out she was intolerent of the penicilin.poor thing,i feel awful knowing evertime i gave her it i was just making her worse.she is still very miserable today.thank god dh isnt working today,he is doing the basketball run with the boys.i am home with the babies.this is his first saturday at home since i had harry.
    nikki

Oh Nikki - you weren't to know! I'm allergic to penicillin as well...Hopefully she starts getting better soon...
    Thats great that dh has taken the boys...I suppose at this early stage it's hard to have a break from all the kids with Harry needing booby juice all the time...
    How are YOU feeling though?? Are you coping ok? It can't be easy with the little ones so sick...don't forget that we're all here for you if you need anything...

hi everyone,

my goodness i haven't been posting since the monthly threads were closed and now i've got THREE full ones to read through! hehe.. anyway, thought i'd leave it for later and intro myself first.. i'm dana and i'm turning 30 (yikes!) this year. my little man is going onto 16 months now and johnny (dh) and i are going to start ttc next month! it was really quick with ethan so i hope it's the same this time.. we're hoping for a little girl.

ethan is a fantastic kid.. we've really been blessed with him. there's an old wives tale that says your second will be completely opposite from your first.. yikes i wonder if that's true. ethan was born via emergency c/s in november 2005 and i'm hoping for a vbac this time, though i've read heaps of horror stories.

anyway, can't wait to get to know you all and a huge hi to all the girls i've already met in the november thread.

Hi!

Dana - Ethan looks like a cutey! Ooh good luck TTC! Thats great he's been so good - Geez I hope the opposite is true then Dylan might actually sleep! hehehe. (although I can't complain now...)
    I hope you can get your vbac with the next p/g!

Hi everyone, home from work, it was so boring
    Dani Yeah on the job, it will be nice to get the extra cash and something diff to do. WHo wil look after Jett when you work?
    Nikki Hope the bubs are getting better and you are getting some rest with Grant home for the weekend. You poor sweety.
    Krisite Hope you get better sleep tonight.
    CIndy hope the moving is going well.
    Meg Yeah on Coco taking some steps, thats awesome.
    Dana Ethan is a cutie. I am also hoping for a VBAC if we have another bubs. I hope you get it. Are you TTC now?

Well as you know Jordan took his 1st steps (3 of them) yesterday. He was at my MILs while I was at work and he walked across to his uncle. How exiciting. I cried when they rang to tell me, what a sook.
    He hasnt really done it since, but we are encouraging him to walk from mum to dad and not to hold on, so hopefully it wont be too far away.
    Less than a week now till we leave for Hawaii I CANT WAIT

Smile

Hello Ladies,
    Hope you are all doing well. I have just been making so more cards I think I may be addicted to craft. I have been doing craft from a really young age as my Nana got me into it when I lived with her.
    Think I will have an open house and sell them that way. Everyone has been asking about them but I don't caryy them around with me.
    Jett and I have just come back from a visit to my Dad and stepmum's place. He has a drum kit there and he loves going over to bet the crap out of it. He has got so good now that he even does the foot peddle. I have a movie on my camera but have no idea how or where I can download it onto the net?? Any ideas of what sites allow this??
    Where are you December Girls!!!!!!
    Dana_s - Hi Dana! My Name is Danielle (Dani for short) I am 25 married, it will be 2 years tomorrow. Ben and I have one child Jett who is 14 months old, he was born on thw 2nd of December . He was born via emergency c/s as well. Good luck with TTC #2 we are not try for at least 3 years, I would love to have Jett around on his own for a while.
    I too was thinking I would try for a VBAC but I think now I will just go back for the c/s and get my tummy tuck at the same time. I have heaps of loose skin from Jett, I was 79kg and got to 115kg, now I am down kinda close to that and I have all this flabby tummy skin.
    Kristie – No Good about the neighbours and the party. I would have gone out there and asked them to please be quite. As Ben works arvo I have had to get a little more brave. I still pee my pants when I see people walking down the street if I am pulling in my drive, I normally don’t pull in and do a blocky.
    Nikki – I agree with Kristie you weren't to know! Oh big Hugs for you. I hope you get a chance to put your feet up while DH does the basketball run.
    Tracey – Well Jett goes to day-care on a Thursday just to great interaction with other kids and so I can get all the shopping and housework done (Ben works arvo shift so I am home alone every night).
    I my gosh I must have missed you saying that you are going to Hawaii, Wow!! I have never been out of Oz but would love to go somewhere tropical like that.
    Well back to the cards while Jett is sleeping..

Dani, its good that you have a hobby. What type of cards do you make? What a clever little man Jett is for playing the drums, he might be a muso?

Well today Jordan said MUM, FINALLY I am so excited. he has said it quite a bit today. He also learnt NAN. He is getting so clever and starting to pick things up. SLow and steady wins the race, I think will be his moto.

Well only 2 more days of work, YEAH i cant wait. I so need the break.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Hi!

Had a gorgeous day today - the weather was nice and we had a bbq at my dads with the fam. Louis had a ball playing with everyone and running around. He only had 30min sleep all day! Dropped into my sisters on the way home as mum was dropping in and basically spent 1 1/2 all arguing with each other. My mum is so frustrating sometimes. My Oct buddies would remember I had heaps of arguments with her over xmas and now she's fighting with my sister. She's so unreasonable and annoying. The worst thing is they were arguing over my sisters boyfriend and she tried to drag my sisters kids into it (10 & nearly 8) by asking if they like him - WTF??? You don't drag kids into an argument like that - it's bad enough that they were listening to us all. She's such a cow. Anyway, I got home and she calls to keep on about it all - I told her I wasn't going to keep arguing and it still took me 20min to get off the phone. It's just too draining to argue like that!! Sorry for the vent!! It's just annoying that for once it's not my argument and yet somehow I'm in the middle of it....

Anyway...

Trace - How exciting that Jordan walked!! I don't blame you for crying - thats exciting!! I'm sure it won't be long and he'll be running around all over the place!
    Yeah on him saying Mum!!! He seems to be going through a real growth spurt at the moment! Very clever!

Dani - Wow at Jett playing the drums!! Thats very cool! hehe. I'm not sure where to upload it...sorry. Sounds like you've been very busy making cards! Maybe you should keep some in the car so if you see people you've got them handy...
    Yeah..I used to be really nervous about being home alone but I'm not soo bad now...unless I hear something of course!! hehe. I definately wouldn't have gone over to the party...I know there only young but I would get scared that they would come over and do something to the car or knock on the door or something just to be a*****les....

OK - I'm off to bed - I'm buggered. Oh and dh came home tonight all safe and sound which is good..I always get worried when he's out of phone range!
    Chat tomorrow!

i cant beleive i am going to tell you this but i need to get it off my chest.the worst thing happened tonight,oh god i dont even know how to tell you this,it is just awful and now i am crying cos just thinking about it is really upsetting me.
    i put chantelle in the bath,i sat with her and then the phone rang,i quickly ran to answer it as she is usually quite safe in there as the water is only up to her boobies.i then ran the phone outside to dh cos it was for him,when i got back to the bathroom chantlle was under the water drowning.it was the worst thing in my life i have ever had to experience.she was thrashing about,her little eyes were wide open and she was gasping for air.i dont think she was under for long,but i cant even imagine the fear she must have been going through.i ran and grabbed her so fast and yanked her out of the water and wrapped her straight into a towel and ran towards dh while trying to bash the water out from her little lugs.she couldnt breath for about 30 seconds as she was full of water,she finally began to cough it up and gasped for air and began to scream.i feel so frigin disgraced with myself.i left her for about 1 minute all up.how could i do that.i am a pitiful mother for thinking that a 16 month old could be safe in a bath of water on her own for that long.i dont know but she could have even been under the water for that whole minute.i have learnt a very serois lesson here and i earge you all NEVER EVER leave your baby unattended in the bath,even for a second.i am sure i am going to have nightmares tonight and if i dont she probably will.i feel so sick in my stomache every time i see that picture of her under the water struggling for life.
    she is fine now and sleeping peacfully in her cot all snug and warm and alive,but what if i was too late.i hate myself for this.
    nikki

Oh Nikki, what an upsetting experience for you all. I am glad she is ok, and I can kind of understand how you would have believed that she would be ok in there alone for a minute. It is amazing how quickly something like that can happen. When Logan was about 5 months old he fell off the change table, I had only turned around for a second because I dropped a nappy and he fell flat on his face. I have felt horrible ever since but thankfully he was alright. Don't hate yourself, just be glad she was alright and put it down to a silly mistake you will never make again. I like to take the phone off the hook when I am bathing Logan but that is also because I am usually home alone when I do it (or my mum never answers the phone anyway when she is home) and I don't want any distractions.

Dani, congratulations on the job! I hope you get the amount of hours you want there and that you enjoy the job. Wow on Jett playing the drums! One of Logan's uncles bought Logan a set of drums for Christmas, he gets to play with them some times but if I leave them out he tries to take them apart and I have to hide them when his cousin comes over so he doesn't wreck them.

Tracey, Yay on Jordan walking! I still feel like crying watching Logan toddle around the house. But then I have been pretty emotional since having him and most things baby/toddler related seem to make me want to cry LOL

Also another yay for him saying Mum, it is so wonderful when you hear them say it isn't it? And wow lucky you for going to Hawaii, I hope you have a great time!

Kristie, sorry to hear about the argument you were dragged in to. I can never understand why some people feel a need to drag people in to things that really don't have anything to do with them.. It just makes more people upset. I hope everything is ok now.

Logan and I had a good weekend, he is really beginning to try to walk everywhere he can, until he gets tired or falls over of course. Logan has been pretty upset but he has had constipation and last night I just realised he has 12 teeth, which would explain why he has been so cranky, apart from tummy troubles and still being wheezy.

Well I should go I need to go over some reading I had to do for a tutorial today, just to make sure I "get it" but it's about how children develop and then more specifically on antenatal/postnatal development. Very interesting.

I hope you all have a good day

Morning all

Ewwwww I havent been on for 2 days and Ive missed so much. I just cant seem to catch up or keep up for that matter. Sheeeesh...lol

Well not much happening here. Had a good weekend. Callum is starting day care for one day a week tomorrow from 9 - 3 as he is just so bored. I thought hard about it and almost backed out but DH said I should as its for Callum not me. I am going to miss him so much but DH said I cant not put him in because im going to miss him as Callum needs it as he is so busy. Awww I dont know how im going to cope on Tuesdays. What do you all think about it. Im just going crazy as I have to take him out just about everyday to simulate him as he just gets sick of playing with his toys or evern staying home. Im sure its going to be ok I just scared of other ppl looking after him incase some thing happens. Going to be a sad day tomorrow...

Dani im glad the photos are working again. How did you get them back. Ill have a look after this.

Rayray how is Milo and his pulling at the nappy. Is it all worked out now.

Sarajo where are you girlie.

Hi to all your other lovely ladies. Sorry but not going to do anymore personals as I have missed so much.

Well hope you are all well. Will bbl and will try to keep up abit more but im so busy looking after Callum and trying to keep him stimulated.

tc all

Oh Nikki, I'm so sorry - how traumatic for your family. I'm glad that chantelle is OK now

Dani - congrats on the job, sounds great!

Dana - hiya, Ethan is such a big boy now

Yay for Coco and for Jordan on walking!!

We had a pretty good time in Coolamon (NSW) on the weekend. Although just my luck to go away to even hotter weather then we had here in Melbourne Milo was really good though, lots of good sleeping while we were away.

Well, not sure with the nappy pulling. He doesn't have a UTI. Maybe he's just more aware that its there, cos its definately not too tight on him.

Is anyone elese bub obsessed with remote controls and cordless/mobile phones?!
    Last edited by Pandora; February 26th, 2007 at 11:10 AM.

Dani

Ive tried to look at Jetts photos but when I click on photos it opens Yahoo page and I sign in but there isnt any photos of jett. It just askes me if i want to start a photo page. hmmmmmm am i missing some thing....lol...

Oh rayray
    Callum loves the phones. house which is corless and mobiles. we had to buy him some play phones but he isnt stupid and knows its not the real thing...lol...he now hears the phone ring and runs to the bass and picks it up...lol... little bugger.

Im glad all is ok with little Milo...

Oh and the tv controls..hmmmm dont get me started on them...he drives me nutts with them....but his is slowly getting use to me saying no but he loves the air control as it make noise when you push the buttons. He put the heat on the other day and omg it was hot. I didnt relised untill I thought some thing was wrong with the air and when I looked at it it was on heat...lol....[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Missy; February 26th, 2007 at 09:07 AM.

Nikki you poor poor thing, I am so glad Chantelle is ok, I hope you're ok too. THat must've been the scariest moment of your life. It is amazing how quickly things happen, and thank you for warning us, it's one of those things I think you do need to be reminded about.
    All is well though, make sure you dont' beat yourself up about it. Be grateful you learnt a lesson without any consequences. Now at least you know none of us, or you, will ever do that again, so it could help save someone elses bubbie.
    xoxoox

Oh Nikki
    I dont know what to say. I know we always think it will be ok to leave bubs alone for a sec but its not. My phone rings alot when bathing and not that im having a go at you but I just let it ring. I know it must be hard for you thinking about it all the time but all is ok hun. Your one of the lucky ones and maybe ppl reading this will think twice about it. Im sorry your having a hard time dealing with it but you will be ok. Im just glad all is fine hun. Dont beat yourself up about it. Just learn from it that We and I say it for all mums/dads cant leave babies or evern young kids in the bath as this type of thing can happen. Cheer up lovely we all make mistakes...
    Last edited by Missy; February 26th, 2007 at 09:48 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast