Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #28

Woo hoo tomorrow is mothers day!!

Jazmum - Best wishes for your sister, how exciting, but I can imagine how anxious she must be feeling. Is this her first? Had to laugh at your DH telling you today is mums day and dont expect the same for tomorrow! I'm the same with talking to Maddie in the shops, and I too get some strange looks.

Pregpan - Where did you post those recipes?

Gracie - Put some pics up of your hair once you are used to it. Nat Imburglia (spelling?) has a great cut. If I could have a short hair cut I would go for it but I dont have the right face shape. I love Pink's (the pop star) hair. Hope you can get a bit better before your Sydney trip.

Fianne - Thanks for the huggies tip, we are running pretty low. Gosh wish we had a bonds outlet in Perth.

MD - Well done to DD1 and well done to you and your creativity with making a ned kelly outfit. I wouldnt know where to begin on that one lol. Glad the ladies at the ABA laughed at what the health nurse said, reassures you that you are on the right track really doesnt it.

Cally - Thats great that DD's taking the sippy cup with ease! Like your idea of two sleep in's!

Agnes - Yay glad Will is taking the bottle now!!! Maddie is the same with babbling herself to sleep its so cute.

Still feeling a bit sickish and Maddie seems to be the same way. I just feel run down with a bit of a sore throat and Maddie has a runny nose.

Have any of you ladies got any tips on keeping bub regular? Maddie keeps going from regular to constipated, and I dont want to keep using the coloxyl in her bottle too much. What about a bit of prune juice in her milk or would that be gross?

Also whats the go with chicken pox...I noticed they had a sign at daycare this week saying a couple of kids had come down with chicken pox (they werent at daycare during their recovery though). Is chicken pox covered in their normal vaccinations? Also do you think I should go vaccinate myself? I've never had them and have heard some awful stories about getting them when you are an adult. Its the last thing I need.

hi hayley - re chicken pox - even though they are vaccinated it is still possible for them to catch it, but it would just be mild. i would talk to your doc about getting a vax for yourself. I too have heard that it's pretty nasty if you catch it as an adult.
    not sure on what to give maddie to keep her regular. Pears are supposed to be good for that, so maybe some pureed pear each day. have to say, taking Hannah to the Bowen therapist really helped her in terms of pooing. she used to go once every 5-6 days, now she goes every day. .

Hi Ladies

Fianne I was just thinking of you when I posted last night, I figured you've been busy! That's a sizzling hot tip about hte bonds sleeping bags, very cheap!!

Jazmum, LOL at early mother's day! I agree with your pears tip too. Thanks for letting us know how Mbear is going, I saw she'd been posting too. Congrats to your sis, though I understand if she's apprehensive after the MC last year. I hope it all goes beautifully this time.

Hayley, I would def talk to your Dr about the chickenpox vacc. We had DD1 done before it was on the schedule, and she actually had a breakthrough case, which was pretty bad, so I hate to think how horribly ill she would have been if she wasn't vaccinated. Not sure if it's different for adults though. They don't get the chickenpox (varicella it's called) needle until 18 mths so the best bet is to keep her away from any exposure (as if that's possible LOL). It's contagious because it's air born. Re the regularity, I'd be trying things like a little bit of prune juice in some water and pears, ahead of medications. Talk to your MACH nurse, she might have some other ideas too.

Re the Ned Kelly costume - it was mostly excellent op-shopping (brown waistcoat and jacket) with some baggy pants hitched up (like they did in the olden days) and a black cardboard helmet. Geez I love op shopping. I also snaffled a mint condition FP farm animal piano thing, and this stuffed shoe toy with zips, buttons, velcro and shoelaces on (for practising doing up).

OK, better go, H is making cupcakes and it could get out of control!
    Last edited by AnyDream; May 10th, 2008 at 07:37 PM.

The Chicken pox vaccine is on the schedule now, and it is the one vacc I am 100% keen on them having. My sister got them at just under 2yo and she had them in her ears, nose, mouth and vagina and she hardly had a patch of skin that wasn't covered in them. Luckily she didn't get any scarring but it was awful to look at her with them. But you can't have it any earlier than 18mths though. I would definately get it done for yourself and your DP if he hasn't had them, because even if Maddy is done, she could still pass it on to you.

Busy day again! Erin had her first day at netball and really enjoyed it. Although remember how I said I joined her up so I didn't have to listen to her whinge while we watched Lindsay? The first thing she did when she finished playing was beg for a bag of lollies because there were 3 girls eating lollies while they were playing! The coach (I suppose thats what youd call her LOL) had to tell them to put them away.

Luckily this week isn't too busy thankfully (well at this stage it isn't). I have been doing a load of washing at night and cleaning once the kids are in bed so I haven't fallen that far behind in the housework at all.

I can't wait to see what the kids made for me either. It means more than anything brought from a shop kwim? (but choccies or flowers still goes down a treat LOL)

Thanks girls, just booked a doc's appt for it when Maddie gets her next flu shot. I double checked with mum and I never had it, so I think I'd definately better get it done. DP had it in primary school. Why do they wait so long to give it to kids? Thats so darn scary seeing as she is in daycare, exposed to it all. I wonder if there are any side affects like you get it a little bit?

Sherie - Yep know what you mean about having things made for you instead of bought. My mum still has all the letters, cards, drawings that we did for mum and dad when we were younger. She even has a letter from me to my dad saying I want to marry him when I'm older LOL and I have definately changed my mind on that one. Do you keep a few of the kids drawings etc?

Jazmum - If only she'd take pear!! She will not eat any fruit yet...I did buy some of the golburn valley purees today so i'll see if that works. Got some prune juice too. Bummer here I was thinking the chicken pox vaccine kept it away from them 100%!

MD - You always pick up some bargains at the op shop!

She even has a letter from me to my dad saying I want to marry him when I'm older LOL
    Yep well definitely a possibility these days and then you could sell your story on Sixty Minutes....EEEEEEEEEW!!!

Hayley, I have no idea why it is 18mths, but I assume it is to do with them having so many other vacc in the first 12mths. However I googled to consumer information sheet that comes with it here http://www.gsk.com.au/resources.ashx...I_Varilrix.pdf

and it said it can be given from 9mths, but again I assume that in a child that isn't in a high risk category (basically children other than aboriginal children as they can get dealthy ill and sometimes die from it) then the recommendation is 18mths. Unfortunately for you though, you need two doses LOL.

I have kept all the stuff that the kids have made me for special days etc, but I turf the rest as it takes up too much space to store it. The bonus is that most of the time it is laminated so it keeps really well.

Thanks for that Sherie. I will be waiting till 18 mths for Maddie and hoping for the best. Dont want to overload her, gave her the flu shot and I was worried about that as it was. Bummer about me needing two doses though, seeing as it isnt subsidised by medicare! Oh well I'd rather fork out the $65 than get chicken pox.

MD - I was thinking that when I typed that sentence lol. That couple are WRONG! Yuck.

Well we are having a mission of a night trying to settle Maddie, think her teeth might be moving about, she keeps shoving anything into her mouth and is loving the cold teething rings. Poor DP, he has made me pizza for dinner and cracked open a bottle of champers for mums day lol. 3 is a crowd tonight miss Madeline, get the hint and go sleepies!!!

happy mother's day (again) for everyone for tomorrow!

just another note on huggies....toys r' us has them for $32.

also, on feeds, formula can (karicare) says about 1L of formula a day. i know that not every baby consumes the same amount. but then, max has been having maybe 7-800 mls a day or more. and then, the past 2-3 days, she's only had about 500mls a day. she's not having more solids. and she's even throwing up a bit more than she used to. well, she hasn't been "refluxing" since maybe 2 mos old. and she's also so much more active now and crawls and climbs everywhere. am worrying about the amount of formula she's taking in and wonder if i should "force" her to drink. it becomes a struggle everytime i try to give her the bottle after she's had some already. even if i wait 30 mins, she's still not interested.

I hope everyone is having a great Mothers Day today!!!

Fianne, don't worry about it too much. Alister will have a week or so where he doesn't have much at all, but then he will have weeks where he is having everything I give him and more. She will take what she needs and let you know soon enough if she is hungry.

Hi Girls,

Firstly HAPPY MOTHER DAY TO ALL.... I hope you all enjoyed the day.

BIG NEWS ***** Olivia Got her first tooth yesterday... Yipppee Olivia....

Sorry no personals I will catch up later.

Love to all

Oh Wow!!! Well done Olivia! I she will be more settled for you now Leanne.

Hi all - sorry have been MIA lately, life is sooo hectic at the moment...
    Hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day - i was thinking of you all. Mine was OK, unfortunately Noah was still unwell so most of the day wa staken up with that... aah i guess that is a REAL mother's day LOL! I think he is a bit better today which is good - I was so worried he would still be unwell all week which would be esp hard as DH is off overseas again tomorrow :-(
    Anyway he is at FDC today and so far so good...
    That reminds me MD how is today going for you???
    I have forgotten what I read so not many personals today... will try to come on a bit more this week.
    hope you all have a good week!

Leeanne - YAY for Olivia's tooth!

xxx

Thanks for asking Pregpan, the FDC lady rang last night as she has a horrible cold and is taking today off. So Thursday will be the first day. That's ok, I'm sort of nervous about it so a few more days gives me time to get used to the idea. Is your DH back later this week or is it a longer trip? Mine's away this week and next week but we are flying him home for the weekend (so MD can have a sleepycatchup).

I checked with my dietician friend about the the cup-of-food thing, and she said that a tupperware snack cup worth of main meal plus another half snack cup of dessert (fruit, custard, semolina, whatever) is about right at this age, given that E is eating well, showing signs of wanting more, and having three meals a day. Obviously that's not prescriptive for every baby tho as some bubs don't get into their solids straight away, but it sort of fits where E is at right now so I'm going to measure what I'm giving her and see how close to that amount it is.

Leanne, Yay for O's toofie!

Hayley, hope M got the hint and went sleepies!!

Well Mother's Day was lovely yesterday, we had breakfast at the Lanyon Homestead (which is this old historical property down the road, it's where they filmed Seven Little Australians for all those 30Sumthink mummies who remember that)! It was lovely looking out over the valley, dotted with white sheepies and the coloured autumn leaves. DD made me a "photo album" and I also got some lovely bead earrings I was admiring last weekend . Then, depressingly, we waved off DH like we have *every* mother's day since we've been here (except for last year when he was on his big trip).

Well Bettycheekybubs is getting new tricks every day. I can't keep up. Last night she "fell" backwards onto the edge of the coffee table - she must've pulled herself up on the couch (I didn't see this and she hasn't done this before so I'm just guessing). She has a wonky shaped head so I couldn't tell if she was getting a lump or if it had made a dent or anything, so I rang the 24 hour line and they asked me all these scary questions about liquid coming out of her nose/ears etc. Anyway, no damage done, I kept her up a bit later to observe her so now I have a really tired and cranky little crawler today!

Oh no Marydean! the poor little cherub. Glad she is OK, albiet a little tired and cranky today The breakfast sounded lovely too.

Pregpan, IKHYF about being a real mothers day LOL. I had one like that when I was 17wks pg with Erin and Lindsay had croup - not fun I can tell you. The bitter irony was that DH actually got me a card that year and it did say something on it about sick kids I hope Noah is on the mend soon.

Awful night here last night. I made the mistake of giving Alister dinner too late (even though it was only 6.30) and he was up on and off all night with a belly ache and would only sleep on his belly leaning over me - so he was in a kneeling position and it made it very hard for me to get some sleep. Or it could have been that yesterday was the first time he had 3 meals - he had lunch yesterday too. Plus I think his other top tooth is now giving him trouble.

Hi Girls and a happy (belated) Mum's Day to you all!!

Oh Sherie what a bummer night! we too have made that mistake many a times! and yeah, anything beyond that 6.15pm mark and its all out the window for leila. i have found that if she gets her tucker around 5.30 she eats better and sleeps better. egad. sometimes too much work! LOL! especially when i can be quite frazzled at that time of day!

Pregpan: sorry to hear Noah has been unwell, and especially on Mothers day. hopefully though he is on the mend for you while DH is away.

MD: It's great that the FDC lady called and said that she was too unwell to do it. at least you know that she actually cares about that kind of stuff. definitely time for me to investigate that option. i was looking into getting a nanny one day a week but at $200 a day, i almost passed out!! Might ask my friend down the road if they would share one...(she has a 9 month old...)

As for us, well same old same old (although for the first time since she started leila didnt get sick at childcare!!! YAY!).
    a good friend of mine came over with her 15 month old and told us they are 11 weeks pregnant! I am so excited for her and yet a part of me was kinda relieved that it isnt me!! how bad is that?! oh well maybe a bit further down the track i may feel differently (ie when i get some decent sleep!). she too is a bit apprehensive about how to manage it all, but i guess this is a normal thing for next pregnancies. and by the looks of all you mummas with 2 or more it all works out! so impressed by you all btw!

anyway best dash as i am procrastinating here at uni...

smiles,
    clare

Leemar, congrats on O's toothie

MD, sounds like you had a lovely mothers day (apart from your DH leaving). It was a bust here, DH didn't do anything and when I asked him about it he just said 'you aren't my mother'

Renee, hope you are feeling better and got your pill sorted out.

My mind has gone blank, sorry about that lack of personals

I went down to mums for the weekend for my little nieces 3rd birthday. It was good to catch up with everyone. I think W is getting another tooth. He keeps waking up grizzling and won't go back to sleep very easily. I have spent the last two nights mostly awake because he keeps waking for boob or cuddles. I can get by with all the wake ups when he goes back to sleep straight away but I can't survive very long when it takes half an hour to get him to sleep and then he only sleeps for half an hour before it starts again. And he keeps kicking off all his blankets. He must be freezing and I am not sure what to do about it. I have tried a sleeping bag but he seems to like his legs free.

Sorry about the complaining, it is hard going around here at the moment. I tried to cheer myself up with a packet of choc biscuits but I am still down and now feel sick too lol

OMG Arte! That sort of comment would be instant death for my DH LOL. You weren't asking him to give you a kidney for pete's sake I hope we can both get some sleep tonight then from the sound of it. Lindsay would get out from under his blankets too, but I just rugged him up warm in heavier clothing so he didn't get too cold kwim? it is a real pain though.

Clare, LOL at you being glad it's not that's pg. I was 8wks pg again by the time both Lindsay and Erin were 1 and yeah, it can be a challenge at times. But great now that they are older.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast