Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #28

DH would be going to UK - good idea about taking a couple of weeks afterwards to travel together. All depends if he gets it of course!!

Renee - yay for the new DH!! I'm not brave enough to try Noni's trick with the baby oil! We've had a couple of poos this afternoon and the last one was definitely a lot softer and came out with less fuss. She was getting tears yesterday from the pushing and nothing was coming out!

MD - Osteopath sounds very interesting, can't wait to hear what happens with E's sleeping after a couple of visits!

Gracie - that's great you've decided when to start ttc. We haven't really talked about it, but the general consensus is more 'if' than 'when'. I think I might need a bit more time to recover and catch up on sleep before I contemplate it again!

Pregpan - I've had no AF here either. Can't say I mind though!

just a quick one from me - thanks Leeanne for the chop tips - i gave him one tonight and he LOVED it!!!! soooooooooo cute. i didnt leave much meat on at all, will slowly leave more i guess... have a good night everyone.

Hello all,

Had a couple of bad nights in a row, W woke up every 1-2 hr screaming and crying but he closed his eyes so it looked like he was sleeping but having some kind of nightmares. Keep tossing and turning all night long and really hard to settle, even the magic boobs dont seem to be that magical lol
    I am not quite sure whats happening.

Happy mothers day again. Didnt do anything special and DH didnt get me anything. Mind you, he got himself a new mobile last Saturday ;(
    Oh I did get a keyring from childcare with W's photo on it. Its a cheapy plastic keyring and the photo is a bit blurry but I really love it.

Leanne, yay on the tooth. Thanks for the lamb tips, might give that a go

MD, sorry to hear about the fall, poor E. The osteopath visit sounds really interesting, hope you can see some improvement soon.

Arte, thanks for the finger food list, great one! And also want to say you're a great mum indeed

Pregpan, we did start with finger food coz he didnt like puree at the beginning. But he choked when I gave him some apple, scared me to death seeing his face turned red and coughed. Glad Noah is better. LOL at the girls nappy

Jazmum, W is starting to get clingy too, I am wondering about separation anxiety, do you know when does it usually start.

Hayley, glad the prune juice work. Milk + prune juice hhmmm I wonder how it tastes

Noni, your dh sounds so lovely

Cally, sounds like you had a fab mothers day. Definitely go with your dh, you can wonder around the city/country and do some shopping with K during the day.

Sherie, how is your day. Hope you can get some rest tonight

Gracie, how exciting! I reckon babies are addictive, before I thought we will ttc when he is at least 3yrs old but now I am thinking probably next year lol

Renee, W is also screaming while sleeping, so strange. How nice of you to get a wonderful new dh. Mine comes with no return policy lol

Hi to everyone else

Cally, go with him! Things like that don't come along every day. Do you know why K is getting constipated? I thought BF babies didn't - or does that not apply after they start solids? I noticed that W was getting a bit more solid when he was eating heaps of banana, that is when I started giving him the sundried prunes.

Aglinra, hope that W stops the night screaming soon. Must be horrible.

MD, the osteopath sounds very interesting. I hope it has good results for you. My stepfather is into natural healing and knows all about that sort of thing, it is quite handy. You are right about the chicken pox vaccine, it isn't even on the schedule here. It was definitely the pox because I had them at the same time, she must have been one of the unlucky ones that make up the statistics for bad outcomes.

Pregpan, LOL at the girls nappies! DH accidently got girls ones when W was about 6 weeks old and it was embarrassing going to the dr for his check-up with the wrong coloured nappies on, like I didn't know the sex of my kid lol

Gracie, cute about L falling on your dog! Yay for having a date for #2. We haven't really decided on a time frame but I would like a two year gap which means we would have to try before the end of the year. DH doesn't seem to mind, we haven't been using any contraceptives but I don't have AF back anyway.

Renee, poor Rory with the night terror. I wonder what a little bub can have a terror about? Good to hear that things are back on track with your DH, it makes life a lot better.

Not much going on here, DH is still at work (it is 9.30pm). I have just put W to bed and realised I haven't had dinner yet. I put stuff in the slow cooker too late and it takes ages (I should have guessed from the name LOL), my mum got it for me for my birthday. W had peanut butter sandwiches, he thought it was quite funny how it stuck to the top of his mouth lol

Just a quick one girls before my favourite tv show, ladette to lady LMAO!

Cally - Wow go your DH, hope he gets the scholarship! I think you should go along too!

Arte - Sundried prunes sound yum, might give them a go. Your list of finger foods is very extensive! Hehe had to laugh at your DH buying the wrong nappies, as I did the same. I had no idea that after newborns they had girls and boys nappies!

Gracie - I laughed at Lewis falling flat onto the dog, I could just picture it! I'm really excited for you ttc early next yr. We really dont know when we will try again, I'd love Maddie to be at least 2 but 3 or 4 would be much more appealing to me. DP has other ideas, he would love to make baby number two by early next yr. In just feel so young still and want to live a bit more before number 2, we have plenty of time yet. Besides I'm still recovering from child birth and I'm still not brave enough to go there again lol.

Agnes - Suprisingly the prune juice and milk wasnt too bad, yes I tried it before!! The key ring is such a nice idea!

Renee - So glad your DH is a 'new man'! & I'm happy that you had a nice mothers day, sounds like you got spoilt rotten.

Noni - Far out I got worried when I read about Asha's murmur, but after reading comments from the others I relaxed. Good to know it isnt too serious, and sounds quite common.

Leanne - I think I'll use your chop tip as well, I'm going to slowly start introducing meat b but its going to be hard for me as I dont eat red meat. Wow glad the toothie is through!!

Sherie - Hope you get a decent nights sleep tonight.

Pregpan - Re: the girls nappies, whatever works I say!

MD - The info that the osteopath provided you with sounds very interesting. I hope this is it!?

Must go ladette to lady will be on any second...what a bunch of slappers they are lol

hi all - my little man threw up again this morning - it was when he was havig bfast and i think he gagged on his weetbix (he hates bfast i think)... i hope thats what it was and he isnt still unwell... i am a bit worried but he is at FDC and she will watch him. he is the only one there today which is great!
    Hayley - i watched ladette to lady when it was on foxtel - i am a trash tv addict!!! such slappers you are right!!
    Noni - i also wanted to say re the murmur not to worry - they are v common. my dh also has one and it has never beena prob for him, it is just important to know she has one for things like dental work etc
    ok better go get started on my work... but i will be on and off all day xxx

Poo!! Turns out with the new budget we wont be getting the baby bonus next time! I wonder if I call Rudd and tell him that close to half our weekly wage goes on our MORTGAGE that he will make an exception for us HAH!!

ETA: Actually I dont know if we are getting it or not, its too bl00dy confusing! im going back to bed LOL!

Eta: Nope we are not getting it!
    Last edited by reneenay; May 14th, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Well, another wakeful night yesterday. I dont know whats causing the screaming and crying but he just wouldnt settled. Nothing I did work, even though we cosleep. I tried patting singing and offering milk. At the end I just gave him a cuddle and waited for it to pass.

MD, forgot to say, thanks for the reassurance on solid. He is still not keen on food (still one meal per day of only a couple of spoon, so really little compared to the other babies here) but as you said maybe he is just not ready for lots of food yet. One step at a time I guess, for now I am really happy if he drinks all his milk at daycare. GL for FDC tomorrow, let us know how you go

Pregpan & Cally, no sign of AF here either

Arte, with the finger food, how much does Will usually eat? I found my W only tasting and just eating a really tiny bit. Lol at the slow cooker thing, I've bought one too but still waiting for it to be delivered.

Hayley, I only saw ladette to lady once lol

Pregpan, happy 8 months old for Noah. Cant believe how quickly our baby grows.
    Hope Noah feels better soon. Great that he is the only one at FDC, as if you have a private nanny lol

Have a nice day everyone!

Hi Girls,

Prepan- Poor Noah. Did he enjoy his lamb cutlets last night.
    Renee- Wow a new DH you lucky girl. I am so happy for you. How did Rory go last night?
    Agnes- How did W Go last night. I hope everyone got a good night sleep.

Well I better go the phone is ringing..

Renee, posting at the same time.
    Oh no, I havent seen that news There goes the nappies, toys, cot, stroller, etc etc etc. Same here with the mortgage !!!

ETA Hi Leanne. It didnt go well here last night. But hope you had a decent sleep at your end.

No night terrors thank goodness! It took me a while to get him off to sleep because he was over tired (thanx to playing ALL day with his nanna and only having ONE day nap) but once he went down he slept from 7:00pm - 7:00am when I had to wake him up because I could smell his GIANT pooey nappy from my room LOL!

Must of been that baby juice Dwayne was feeding him last night. MIL bought him a 6-pack of baby juice and he LOVES it. He wont drink it out of a bottle or a sippy cup, he will drink it straight from the glass jar all by himself (with DH holding the bottom).
    THE MCHN told us not to give it to him because they are full of sugar etc but my god he enjoyed every drop! And considering he wont drink water or drink his milk atm I was happy to get some fluid into his belly
    Last edited by reneenay; May 14th, 2008 at 11:12 AM.

Renee - lol at the giant pooey nappy smell!!

Re baby bonus, it's based on earnings in the 6 months AFTER bubs is born, so if you and DP earn more than $75k in that time (the six months), then you don't get it.

Agnes - could there be more teeth on the way? Poor little thing, its so sad when nothing seems to make them feel better.

Pregpan - yay for the only one at FDC!! That would be great.

Arte - I think the constipation is just from the changes to her diet. BM is so easy to digest and all of a sudden she is eating fruit, vegies and other things that need a bit more work. I'm giving up on the iron fortifed cereals for a while to see how she goes as I wouldn't be surprised if they were related to it.

Back to bed already for her second nap of the day! She only slept for 30 minutes this morning and she had a pretty unsettled start to the night last night so she really needs to make up some lost sleep today.

Agnes- Maybe its growing pains or teeth. Sending W sleeping Vibes.
    Renee- Glad Rory was better last night.

hi everyone
    yep it looks like we wont get the baby bonus next time around either... bummer....
    well i called fdc and he seems to be ok today, so maybehe just gagged on his weetbix?? who knows. i am a bit worried about him but i guess as he has no temp and no other symptoms i know what the dr would say if i brought him back in (for the 3rd time)...
    Leeanne - he LOVED the lamb chop. if heis up to it i will give him another one tonight!
    Renee - LOL atthe smelly nappy. N seems to have just learnt how to poo in his sleep o rlying down, he never used to but now he does momst mornings!
    Agnes- so sorry W had another bad night.

hey everyone
    asha has been so naughty lol refusing to eat things that arent sweet and yesterday she had a grand total of two bottles eeep.. shes also extremely windy and irritable id say it was something i am feeding her but she dosnt eat the same thing every day...
    renee - ive heard that about baby juice too but was considering it due to ashas fluid intake too.. she also is reluctant to drink from a cup grrr shes becoming very difficult!! maybe if i out her formula in a glass she would drink it lolshes quite fond of drinking from a glass or normal cup..
    pregpan - thats so good hes the only one there imagine all the attention he is getting!!
    haley - i love that show ladette to lady its hilarious!!
    cally - hope katie has a good nap and catches up on her sleep
    agnes -something in the air?? asha is like that atm too with her sleeping
    i hope i dont offend anyone here but i think if people are earning over 150k they dont really NEED the baby bonus (i watched the budget it said people who earn over 150k a year will not be eligable for family tax benefit or the baby bonus if i am wrong let me know coz thats what i am basing what i said on). i do understand hat everyone circumstances are different re mortgages and bills etc but although ownig a house is important to many people this is something u choose to take on.. anyway please dont be offended just my opinion... anyway on that note i think i will go please dont hate me eeek!!

Noni, I am with you on the baby bonus thing - if people can't afford to live on $150k then they need to take a hard look at their lifestyle and spending habits.

Agnes, W was only eating a little bit of his finger food for ages, then in the last few days he has been eating heaps. He was just having lunch and tea but this morning he threw a wobbly when he saw a mandarin on the table so I think we have to have breakfast now too. My W is having bad nights too, he grizzles and will only sleep with boob in his mouth which is very uncomfortable and I am getting almost no sleep. Have you started any new foods that could be upsetting his tum? How long before bed does he have dinner?

Renee, gross about the poo smell wafting to your room! So far nappies haven't been as bad as I was expecting.

I think W might start crawling soon. He keeps going up on hands and feet, today he managed to step with his feet but forgot to move his hands and nose-dived lol. I thought he would walk first but he is not quite there yet, just doing a couple of steps by himself but not what I would consider walking.

Noni - I know what you are saying about being able to live off 150K plus, i was not complaining about it...though of course there are arguments on all sides and the bonus was not introduced as a 'welfare' payment so thats why i am a little disappointed - i can understand fam tax benefits etc (but since this isnt a political forum I wont start getting into all that LOL)... anyway we dont exactly have babies for the bonus so it is a moot pt really...
    Arte - exciting about W trying to crawl.. not much sign of that here!!

OMG OMG OMG!! DH rang and it sounds like
    We Are Going Home!!!!
    Though I won't believe it until I see the paper work. Not telling any IRL ppl until we know for sure (later this month) but it's put a big on my cranky sleep deprived face!!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast