... 2345614 ...

thread: Babies Born ~ March 2012 #2

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

I am a mumma, a lawyer, and an abolitionist. Not always in that order.

Jun 2011

Good luck Peanutter!

Sent from my iPhone... Probably while feeding our poppet.

Apr 2008
    Adelaide

good luck tomorrow peanutter. nothing like bieng thrown in the deep end

Feb 2009

Good luck tomorrow Peanutter!

Thanks for the love ladies xo

Jul 2010
    Canberra

All the best for tomorrow 'nutter

Nov 2010

Hi ladies!
    I'm a terrible baby buddy, I can't keep up with all your chatter and always find myself on the phone, so hard to follow the thread!
    Finnian is 7 weeks tomorrow, where is the time going!? We had our paed checkup today and our little piggy is almost 6kg and a picture of health - except he's diagnosed silent reflux paed has put him straight onto Losec to see how he goes. With any luck it will sort out quickly so we can get our happy boy back!

He sleeps great, normally 7pm - 3/4am. I have oversupply of milk which is a bugger as I usually have to get up to express some each night to be able to sleep. I did a complete express at 10pm the other night to 'reset' my boobs, as suggested by the ABA and i got 550mL in total! Hoping it settles down soon!

Absolutely loving our little man though! His big sister adores him and was very upset today when I had to leave her for the day for Finn to see his paed. I think she thought we were giving him back to the doctors!

Also had my ob check up and smear test. Was a bit sad to say goodbye to my amazing ob, especially since we don't know if we'll have another baby.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Will try and keep up from here on and be a better baby buddy

Jul 2005
    Sydney

550ml HOLEY MOLEY KEL!!! my best i have done so far is 200ml and thats the first morning time. I average expressing between 120-150ml each time.
    almost 6kg for Finnian too no wonder with all that liquid gold he is getting hope the losac helps his reflux
    Good luck tomorro peanutter i will be thinking of you and your busy busy day, hope u get some time to express, ahve u got a place to store it and transport it home with you> Being the super organised person you are i am sure you do. thanks for the food suggestions mmm i have got oats in the cubboard might have to make me some for a snack, im just easing myself back into yoghurt i used to have it for breakky every morning with fruit but totally turned off it during pregnancy couldnt stomach it.
    ok bed time, night ladies i hope all the little critters give you all some well deserved sleep tonight xxx

Aug 2011
    Melbourne

Righto, its official, I reckon some of you ladies need to start wearing capes, and your undies over the top of your jeans, cos you are SUPER HEROES!!!

Peanutter – 28 litres of EBM I wish you all the best for tomorrow, but sounds like you have it under control. Take care of yourself on such a long day, there’s no easing back into things slowly huh?

Mylitta – Happy Birthday to your big 3 year old – what a beautiful looking chap! His cake might not have taken long but it still looked amazing! I bet he will be so excited when he sees his balance bike. P.S. what was that cute tub Shayla took her Cleopatra bath in?

Elocin, you are doing great honey, just keep trying to roll with the punches. And don’t worry about DH and DSDs, I am sure they understand that you are tired and under a lot of strain at times. Connor is a star, he will make it up to you in gummy smiles tomorrow x

Skybie – yay, you smell sooo much better after that shower

Buffy – Dying to know what you bought for W’s winter wardrobe?! P.S. Thanks dude, I saw your tip on FB a little while ago, and have now switched to Beaujois (sp?) foundation, its awesome! Using the 'healthy mix' one atm. (By the way, at Priceline at the moment if you spend $19 on the range, you get a free full size mascara and lipgloss!)

Nickers – I hear you on the appetite thing. For the first 3 weeks after Yves arrived I had so little appetite I had to force myself to eat… now, I have to remind myself that custard creams are not a staple food group! You are so lucky having a team of chiros to fix you up, glad your back is feeling better, and hopefully you can wrangle a massage as well somehow.

Sararose – Hope Helena pulls up ok after her vaccinations, little trooper.

MCHN appt was ok, Yves is now 4.45kg, so has gained 550gm this fortnight. He had a great night last night, slept 11.30-5am, then 6-9am. We also had a bit of a day-sleep breakthrough – after reading some tips on BB, I recognised his tired cues earlier and put him in bassinet quietly before the crying started, swaddled him, and he was asleep within 10 mins, for 3 hours! Here’s hoping we can repeat that tomorrow…

Nurse wasn’t too worried about my section scar, apparently the tender-to-touch pain is still ‘normal’ for 4 weeks, and there is no infection, just a few raised stitches at one end which haven’t dissolved yet. Will keep an eye on it… all I know is, it is definitely still too painful to vacuum

Uh-oh, better get my boobs out, Yves-il is getting restless. Sorry I haven’t got to everyone tonight, will check in again tomorrow. Big hugs to all those who were up and posting in the wee hours this morning – it was obviously a very funky night out there. Hope the ‘adorable little jerks’ behave a little better for everyone tonight (good one Buff!) x

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

Nice work kel!! My personal best is 540ml ... you win!! But it makes me sympathise with women who struggle with expressing ...

nickers - yes, I expressed for about 8 months after coming back to work after DS1, and I have it down to a fine art!! But as I seem to be producing more this time, I'm taking breastmilk bags, with a view to transferring the milk from cups to bags before taking it home, as I'll be able to fit a lot more into my little esky thing. I use an office which noone occupies, which has basically floor to ceiling blinds, and no windows to outside. I just use the kitchen to clean the pump etc, and the milk goes in the fridge or freezer until I take it home ... I pop it right at the back, just in case anyone is grossed out by it - but I've never had any negative comments. I have however had some really funny reactions, particularly by younger people, who have asked "What's that?" when I'm cleaning my pump, or when seeing me put "my milk" in the fridge

as for my glorious return, I'm actually waiting for one of those home visiting doctors to get here ... I've had a sore throat for over a week, and had actually gone to the GP last week and was told my throat was red but fine (no pus etc) but now it's even more sore and swollen, and my ear and glands are hurting too, and the glands appear to be swollen, so nurse on call said to see a dr, so seeing a dr I am ... I hope that it's not contagious - I'm now all ready to go in tomorrow!! But I'll have to wait and see. No point storming in to the sound of magical trumpets and giving the whole office strep throat or something ... !

Aug 2011

sounds like lack of sleep is common atm, I think Sam is having another growth spurt... she was pretty much up for the last 24 hours, yesterday, but then slept for most of the day today, which means she hasn't settled tonight (although slept from 1-3am so I have a couple of hours sleep under my belt). Yesterday I went to bed at 9am after her long stint...

As for food, I am getting more and more hungry as the days go on, so really need to have more healthy food in the house to snack on. Although I seem to be having breakfast and dinner as after being up all night settling Sam, I tend to get out of bed just before lunchtime...

DH is keen to DTD, and I would probably be up for it, if I wasn't so tired, so he will just have to miss out for a little longer.

Peanutter, I hope you aren't contagious although it could be a sneaky way of prolonging your maternity leave.

What bags do you use when expressing? And where do you get them from?

Jul 2010
    Canberra

Kel, awesome weight gain! Great things are going well, bummer about the reflux though - poor little thing. Hope the losec sorts things out quicksmart.

zilly, sounds like you have a very alert little girl there - W is too.

peanutter, what fabulous timing to be feeling unwell. Take care of yourself, and if you did make it to work today - hope it goes well.

lct, I chuckle every time I see your description of Dr Yves-il! He's growing into quite the character. Great news on the eating and sleeping, especially the self-settle. Go mum! We've been trying it too, works sometimes but not others - as we speak W is wide awake in her bassinette staring around. Gah! Glad you like the foundation, it's particularly good for sleep-deprived gals methinks

Nickers, how was your night hon?

Morning to the other ladies.

AFM: my little upstart was up for six hours yesterday arvo and screamed the house down; finally fell asleep around 8. When she gets worked up holding her in our arms just makes it worse. Wonder if she's having a growth spurt too, as I was up for feeds almost every hour. Poor bbs!

Had another nice sleep-on together in front of the heater this morning though, actually dozed off with her in my arms for the first time ever.

Heading to the coast for the weekend tomorrow for a family do. We're staying with DH's mum as well as his two SIL and their kids. I'm a bit nervous about how W will go, especially at night - man, it's going to be loud. Wish us luck for the first road trip.

Jul 2005
    Sydney

far out man, was on my way home from mums group and litterly 1min from home and school rung me to pick up Nixon who had a temperature and vomitted (not totally unexpected he woke me at 3am to tell me he had a sore throat but seemed ok thismorning)
    ive booked him into the gp at 4pm just cause im thinking its the broncitis coming back, he might need more AB.
    poor thing if he misses school tomorrow its grandparents day and 3 of his grandparents were going to his school in the arvo then my parents were gonna bring him home and stay for dinner...

Feb 2009

Good luck on your road trip Buffy! Lots of stops and take plenty of snack and drinks for you & DH because if W is asleep, you don't want to stop for a coke!

Aw Nic, I hope he feels better hun. There's always something isn't there? I hope he's right for GP day tomorrow.

Peanutter, how is work going love?

Aahhh... Baby just woke up! Be back later x

Jul 2005
    Sydney

im lukcy dh can come home from work so he just rang to say he is on his way so will pick up ds2 from preschool then i can just take Nix up to the doctors and not drag all 3 of them around.
    Peanutter - thinking of you today, hope you feel ok and get through your first full on day at work.
    buffy- have a great weekend, you'll be right im sure your SIL will understand having kids of her own!

so yeawent to mums group today and the group went from 4 last week to 13!! heaps of mums and bubs and was excited to hear one other mum has a 3yr old too so im not the only non first time mum. bubs range from 5months old to 12 days old so a real mixture....

i hate my head and how it thinks some times, i had to feed Ryker there so got out my ebm, thermo with hot water etc but i just felt crap that other mums would be wondering why i was bottle feeding my child and i felt i wanted to tell them all its ebm not formula
    then the clinic nurse was talking about the differences poos of a breast fed and bottle fed baby and i just felt like screaming out well no bottle fed babies poos arnt different if they are still on breast milk.... is it society that makes me feel like i need to justify myself all the time or just my stupid head.
    ofcourse i said nothing thought.. im pumping around the clock and its exhausting, Rykers nose must smell the good stuff the min i start pumping like trying to do it before he wakes, he wakes and wants me,(i always have 2 feeds in fridge though so im ahead of him
    sorry if i am always ranting about i just feel nothing worked out the way i had imagines, in the fact i can just bf easily, have to have caesarians blah blah blah

Sep 2008

Hi girls

Can I join in :-) We have been home from hospital for 3 weeks this Saturday and I am wondering if I should go in the "corrected age" thread or this one ?

Apr 2008
    Adelaide

Bengal and welcome, how early was your little one, I'm sure I read your BA but can't remember off the top of my head. Congrats for being home now

ETA just saw your ticker Bengal congrats on twins, 32 weeks I hope your NICU stay was good as possible. How big were your bubs? Dd1 was born at 36+2 and DD2 was 35+6 I'm lucky this was the first time I made it to term at 37+4.

Nickers what a pain little R is waking while your expressing, I'm sure they time these things just to keep us on our toes. my BF had been expressing and was worried that other mums would judge her on 'bottle feeding' her baby too but she realised she didn't care how other people were feeding their babies so they probably werent thinking about what she was doing. We are sooo much harder on ourselves as mums compared to what everyone else thinks, I bet anyone who knew you were full time expressing would be in awe of you like I am, it's a hell of a commitment

Peanutter hope you and your family survived your first day back at work

Buffy enjoy your weekend away, I wouldn't worry about the noise too much anyo e with kids asking people with a newborn to stay would be well aware of how noisy the little mites an be

H has been doing well today, still a bit sleepy after her vaccinations. I've started the house work but abandoned it as I can't be bothered and I'm sure it will still be there later! My project for this weekend will be to bake some bread as I have never done it before, off to get the cookbooks out.....

Apr 2008
    Adelaide

Nickers and peanutter as you are both using/going to use a lot of EBM out of interest do you use a bottle warmer or hot water to heat bottles of EBM. I kinda wish I had got a bottle warmer with my other dd's as I went back to work a lot earlier, but I can't justify the expense just for occasional use this time around

Jan 2009
    pakenham, victoria

There was an avent one for $ 15 on a buy swap sell site, can see if its still available if you want hun, I had one but lent it to someone and cant for the life of me think.who

... 2345614 ...