... 3456715 ...

thread: Babies Born ~ March 2012 #2

Feb 2009

Nic, what SR said hun. Honestly, it doesn't matter how you feed your baby.

If I was in that situation, I wouldn't blink an eyelid at someone who cracked out a bottle and feed their bub.

We are always harder on ourselves. Always.

Big hugs my dear. Whatever you do, we are holding your hand x

Jan 2009
    pakenham, victoria

have just msged who i think i lent it to, if she has it i can post it to you SR

Apr 2008
    Adelaide

March Baby Buddies

Skybie: Addison Jane, 28 February
    DonnaJayne: Pipa Mary, 1 March
    peanutter: Judah Samuel, 7 March
    fuzzywuzzy: Milana, 7 March
    Rosey: Little Girl, 7 March
    Elocin: Connor Neil, 12 March
    smekko: Nate William, 15 March
    kelsbels: Finnian Levi, 15 March
    me-lisa: Alicia Cate, 17 March
    sararose: Helena Kate, 17 March
    Bengal: Bella Skye & Blaze Midnight, 17 March
    Nickers: Ryker Thomas, 24 March
    buffy1: Willow Dona, 25 March
    Mylitta: Arlia Feyt, 26 March
    Razzberry: Oliver Noah, 27 March
    zilly: Samantha Alice, 28 March
    Nel.B: Lachlan Anthony Michael, 29 March
    m+w=peanut: Addison Ava, 30 March
    sloane: Keely Paige, 31 March
    lct76: Yves William, 1 April
    Miss E: Cooper Robarts, 2 April

updated (if anyone needs adding or Ive made a mistake let me know so I can fix it up )

Apr 2008
    Adelaide

skye thanks so much! If you do get it back and you arent going to use it I would love one, I will give you something for it plus postage

bengal great birthday your little ones have

also if anyone wants to add me on facebook who hasn't already pm me, I love seeing pics of everyones beautiful bubbas and how much they are changing everyday!

Jan 2009
    pakenham, victoria

Bottle warmer located, its all yours hun just pm me your address

Aug 2011
    Melbourne

: I bet anyone who knew you were full time expressing would be in awe of you like I am, it's a hell of a commitment
    Absolutely agree, you are doing an amazing job for Ryker and you deserve a medal for persevering, not judgement!

Jul 2008
    Melbourne

nikkers - i agree with the others that most people wouldnt even notice. and if they did & they're a parent then they should know that there's diff ways ppl feed babies & we all have our own reasons. you're doing an amazing job with the expressing - i have no idea how you do it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 2008
    Melbourne

Nikkers, I get where you are coming from on this, I sometimes have similar thoughts in relation to my CS's. But like all the others have said, most people wouldn't give it a second thought, and those that do would be full of admiration - full time expressing is a mammoth task. It just shows what an amazing mumma you are!

Welcome Bengal - great to have you in here. How's it all going now you're home, have the twins settled in well?

Peanutter, how was the first day back? Did you manage to squeeze in expressing amongst all those meetings they had lined up for you?

Buffy, have a great weekend away. Like Sara said, I'm sure nobody expects a newborn to be quiet all night. Don't stress yourself out worrying about disturbing their sleep, if you're lucky you might even have someone be kind enough to bring you a cuppa while you're up.

Sara, you'll have to let us know how the bread baking goes. I've always liked the idea of baking my own bread but never actually had a go. I've often thought I'd like to buy a bread maker but don't have the kitchen space, hopefully our next house will include my dream kitchen

ZIlly, I hope Sam was a little bit more settled for you today. Sound like she certainly kept you on your toes yesterday you poor thing.

lct, that's great weight gains for your little man! It's great that you've worked out his tired signs, I'm really struggling to identify Coopers at the moment and as a result struggling to get him to sleep. What are Yves giveaways?

AFM I had the morning from hell today. DS1 is still being really difficult with the CC drop off and is delaying the whole thing as much as he can. Getting him dressed is an absolute nightmare and the last two days he's gone in shorts and a tshirt (it's been freezing in melb). This morning I'd had enough and had a little temper tantrum before we left the house, thankfully DH took over and sorted things out. Cooper has also been incredibly unsettled the last few days. This morning I thought I'd try him on Infacol and see if that helped with his wind. It seemed to at first, but within an hour or two he became horribly unsettled and almost refluxy in his behaviour. The poor thing was screaming in pain. I finally got him to sleep at around lunchtime and he had a good 3 hour nap (I also had a much needed cheeky nap). Thankfully, after he woke up he was much, much better. Then I picked DS1 up, and that went relatively smoothly, as has dinner time... Just bed time to go...

I've also been meaning to say that if you'd like to add me on FB send me a PM, I'd love to add those of you who I haven't got on and see the pics of your gorgeous little people.

Jan 2009
    pakenham, victoria

Pretty sure I have most of u on fb but if I dont, skye pope is me
    WillBe back later on my phone atm

Jul 2010
    Canberra

nic, how's Nixon feeling? Did you get to the GP? RE: expressing and bottle feeding, I can only echo what everyone else has said. Don't let those thoughts get to you - you are doing an incredible job with Ryker. No one would judge you for expressing, if anything they'd admire you (like I do) for what a hard slog it is. Life never works out the way we think it will, but sometimes it's for the better. Your little man is absolutely thriving, he loves you and we do too!

Bengal, welcome! Congratulations on the (very early) birth of Bella and Blaze, I remember reading your BA and thinking what gorgeous names they had. What a journey, I bet you're glad to have them home. I'd love to know more about the three of you

sararose, did H cope ok with her needles? I agree, housework can always wait. Good luck with the baking, I've only made bread once or twice but really enjoyed doing it - and the house smells amazing.

Miss E, sorry about your rough morning and DS1's reluctance to go to CC (and get dressed!). Made all the more difficult with little Cooper's tummy ache, no doubt. What a shame the Infacol didn't work - that refluxy scream is so awful. Good that you both finally got some rest.

Peanutter, how'd you go today? Skye, Elocin - howdy.

Evening to everyone else.

AFM: had a very peaceful day, we just hung out at home - so cold outside. W got to have regular naps and was much more contented for it. I even found some time to do hair, paint nails and watch uninterrupted TV!

Had more success with the self-soothing, it's fascinating to watch that little baby behaviour and get to know them. She had a lovely two-hour nap on Dad's chest this arvo while I slept, it was SO good. Will see how things go overnight, planning an early one in case we have another feed-a-thon. Catching up with a friend for coffee tomorrow morning and then heading to the beach. Looking forward to it.

I'd also love to get to know others on FB and see their bubs if they're happy to share. Just PM

Jul 2005
    Sydney

Begnal- congratulations and welcome on in! I hope Blaze & Bella are going well. My first sone was born at 33weeks and spent 4wks in nicu & scn. Please stick with us, but one thing i would say from experience is not to expect your little miracles to do things at their actual age (im sure you know this already anyway) so if another bub in here is smiling,rolling, sitting etc your little bubs are a whole 2 months behind them, and then even still prems really do things in thier own time and may take a wee but longer than even their corrected age to catch up.

buffy- enjoy your coffee tomorrow! do hair and paint nails wow go you!! i was appauled at the fact tonight i looked down at my belly to see how scaly and dry my skin was and the fact i hadnt even been taking any notice to have seen/felt it before now...

Sarah- i actually bought one recently off quicksales. it is a fisher price brand and its a thermo mug but the cap part that goes over it is also a cup, so u pour the hot water into it. definatley better than taking a seperate thermo thing plus a mug to be able to pour it in. i think i googled "bottle warmer" anyway looks like skye has hooked you up which is great

Thanks for all your lovely kind words, i know its stupid the way i think, you'd think now thrid time around i would be over it. you guys are right, i dont judge other people on what or how they do things so they are probably not judging me either, its me judging me lol! and i guess a tad jelous of other peoples births and feeding etc.

one of the lovely mums from school gave me her pump to borrow thismorning and OMG soooo much easier!! No more tennis elbow for me, i have been using the Medela hand pump but its hard work especially for doing it all the time. this one is "pigeon" brand i think and its quiet and easy peasy!!

So i took Nix & Ryker up to the gp cause i had already booked R in tomorrow for his needles and thought maybe he could see both boys at once, glad i took him cause he did. SO Ryker had his needles, little brave boy, screamed initially but settled quickly, then he was the quietest he has been at witching hour and snoozed away.... still had his unsettled period after that but i also talked about reflux as i have been their twice b4 i know whats going on so got him on Zantac, hoping it helps him, hate seeing him scream in pain and i know how it feels cause the reflux i had in pregnancy was horrid. Doc said Nixon's chest was all clear and just viral, which i beleive in some ways as apparently there has been a bit ofit in his class room but on the other hand he is looking the same way as when he had bronhcitis (minus the cough) the high temps, vomitting, glassy eyes.....anyway hope he gets through the night ok and see how he is in the morning.

On a sad note when i got home with them i see a helicopter in the air hovering, wondered what it was but then left my mind. 30min later i heard on the news a 6yr old boy had been hit by a car and on life support and had been air lifted in our subburb. My heart stopped, not knowing which school he was from (we have 5 primary schools around us) and hoping it wasnt his school and one of his class mates (cause i picked him up at midday). Ive since found out it was a little boy from another school, it was right at school zone time and at a busy round about (the news said it was a P plater which automatically u think prob not watching,speeding or doing something they shouldnt have) praying for the little boy tonight and it really hit close to home

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

sararose - yup, we got a bottle warmer. last time, DH would heat it up with water which would need to constantly need to get supplemented with more hot water, but that's just not feasible while entertaining a 2yo at the same time! unfortunately, the good old $12 percolator is no more, and we had to shell out about $60 for one ... but better than microwaving EBM and losing all the goodies in there, right? Would have been good to have been able to get a second hand one, though ...

back to the grindstone ... so much work! and so tough with my throat this sore and my glands this swollen ... I'm itching for the antibiotics to do their thing, and I'm really praying they kick in overnight! I was able to get in two decent pumps, getting around 300ml each time.

DS2 was *not* happy today, and it's hard to know whether it was my absence, or my boobies' absence, or his immunisations, or (heaven forbid) he's sick ... FX tomorrow is better, and he and DH have a better day!

Throat is so swollen and sore, and it's always worst overnight and first thing in the morning, so I'm kind of dreading going to bed a bit ... trying to tell myself that the body does its best restoration while you sleep, so I'll best be served by going to bed.

Plus I'm exhausted. I fell asleep on the couch holding a drink, and woke up because the drink slipped and went everywhere ... oops ...

DH took DS2 to his 8 week check up today .... 75th % for head circ, 50th% for length, 20th% for weight ... so he got a big lecture on DS2 not feeding enough - but he's been basically exclusively breastfed, wets well, poos regularly, he's alert and happy (except for today!) and by and large sleeps very well (albeit not consistently) so can it really be said that he's failing to thrive???

Jan 2009
    pakenham, victoria

Hi girls!
    Nickers, how desperately sad glad Ryker took to his needles ok
    Peanutter, hope your first day was a positive one hun!
    Elocin, hows that gorgeous boy of yours doing?
    Buffy, wowee! great day out of the devine miss W!
    LCT, love your updates hun, loved that smiley pick you put up tody, much too cute!
    Mylitta, howd mr 3 like his cake?
    Miss E, Dont ya just love toddlers?! Miss 2 nearly 3 had a similar time getting into the car on the way to school today, i wish i could bargain with her a bit more or have her understand that she just needs to wait. its so frustrating at times

hi to all the other lovelies!
    AFM, Miss A fed a few times last night, wouldnt sleep through our morning routine which made us a bit late, oops!!! i think the pouring rain may have also had something to do with it
    she was pretty good today, had a couple of good naps, but has been cluster feeding since about 4, at night she seems a bit refluxy, she falls asleep nicely and gets woken when she has a vomit and ends up screaming, which then she wants to feed again, fall asleep, wake up to spew, repeat (you get the picture) im not really sure what to do, might just see how it goes.
    Friday tomorrow!! woo

ohhhh p.s, i had a shower today!!! 2 days in a row, feeling good

Apr 2008
    Adelaide

thanks for your generosity skye, a shower two days in a row careful you might end up making a habit of this ps your inbox is full

peanutter hope veryone has a better day tomorrow and the antibiotics do their thing, if not try and take it easy on the weekend

nickers you are super mum how on earth have you managed to exclusively express with three kids and a manual pump??? Thats so sad about the lottle boy

well I have been playing round making avatars but I think I should go to bed now!

Jul 2005
    Sydney

ive had a lovely morning with just me & ryker, went to the shops for 3hrs, started it by expressing in the car lol, browsed some shops, had a coffee while i fed him, bought my mothers day pressie
    was annoyed i went to medicare got a ticket then couldnt find my recipts... sure enough when ive come home there they r sitting on the bench....
    Nix seemed ok thismorning, no vomitting or high temps so went to school, my parents and FIL are going to the school at 215pm for grandparents day so they will bring nix home and my olds are staying for dinner.
    just browsing through the professional photos online, its going to take a long time to choose what we want thats for sure. ds2 is so darn photogenic.
    if u wanna ave a look at them pm me and i'll forward u the link.

peanutter - cant beleive how much ebm you have, what a super star you are!!
    think i have about 2-3litres which im pretty proud of. When u get like 300ml+ is that after a breast feed?? or is that express only?
    do u have a deep freezer to store so much plus all your meals?

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

thanks, girls.

nickers - after my first morning feed I'll often get 300+ (personal best was 540ml!!) but mostly after a feed I'll get between 20ml and 200ml, depending on how much DS2 drinks, and how recently he fed before that... and yes, we got a chest freezer! Had to, because our freezer was cram pack full of EBM and there was no room for important things, like icecream ... and more EBM ... and you know, meat and stuff!

So the antibiotics weren't helping - and I was getting worse - so I've gone back to the Dr. He thinks it's glandular fever so we took some tests, he gave me stronger meds, and I now just have to wait and see ...

Jul 2005
    Sydney

oh no i sure hope you dont have galndular fever thats worse case scenario and that takes quiet some time to get over too. fingers crossed its not, when will u find out?
    take it easy this weeekend if you can xxx

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

I should find out on Tuesday.

I've had it twice before, so I'm hoping it's not it again!!!

I can take it easy this weekend, but it really sucks balls because my baby brother's engagement party is tomorrow.

And as with all weekends, there's a rather long to do list - though now with DH at home full time, I guess we can let things go until next week ... ?

But then there's all the little decisions: if DS2 sleeps through his early morning feed, do I get up and express anyway (to have more milk, stimulate supply and stave off any duct blockages and uber-leakage) or do I let myself sleep, and just pump and self massage in a hot shower in the morning after his next feed? Do I go into work and grab a pile of reading to take home to catch up on (as I can't go in on Mon or Tues, according to the Dr) or is reading not "resting"?

Etc.

... 3456715 ...