Melbourne

Babies Born ~ September 2007 #71

This thread is for parents who's baby was born September 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows -

Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Olive ~ Senior Moderator
    ~Trish~ ~ Moderator
    Boomba ~ Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Helpful Articles
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?

Helpful Forums
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Helpful Articles

Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Helpful Forums
    Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Helpful Articles
    Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Recommended Reading List

Helpful Forums
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Slings and Baby Wearing

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

You can find your old thread HERE
    Last edited by Astrolady; July 16th, 2012 at 07:36 PM.

Feb 2007

Babies Born ~ September 2007 #71

Congratulations Cass! Being one of 3 girls rocks. I love having 2 sisters.

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

Thanks guys! so awesome to have you girls with me on this one! the sonographer was a total tool (i am stealing the term from meow in the homebirth thread lol).

JM: thanks for your lovely words. i am quite emotional these days so have a a few happy tears reading what your wrote! It's funny that i am sad that we are not having a boy, but weirdly i am not sad that we are having a girl ITMS. such a strange thing to describe lol.

Cally: Leila told me that we need to have another baby after this one as she wants a boy

MD: quite frankly, even I could see that it was all girl being my daughter there was very little shyness hahahaha.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

Cass, I love same sex kid families That was my plan, only you don't get to choose these things. And I wouldn't change anything anyway. I think I have about a 90% success rate for being wrong about the gender of babies lol

JM, Is Miss P nearly 1?! She must be close, Erin is 9 months already

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

Yay my working week is finally over - woohoo! That's saying something since I was in at work today on my usual day off, working off my flex debt. Phew. Need me time. Fed the kids Maccas tonight cos I'm pooped. Not that they minded of course. Not looking forward to the weekend without dh, always feels just a tiny bit depressing.

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

Stink MD. I hate weekends without DH. I like my little routined week with kindy and playgroups out of the house, not the open nothingness of an unplanned weekend. If he isn't here I either have to drag them all out on my own or go slightly mad with boredom at home. Not that weekends with him home are that exciting but at least the kids gravitate towards him so I don't have to attend to them constantly.

The guy didn't come to fix the air con It was 5 degrees and freezing all day. Hoping he does it tomorrow or we will have no heat for the whole weekend.

Feb 2007
    In the jungle.

Cass I totally understand. I felt exactly the same. I wasn't sad I was having a girl but I was a little upset I'd never have a boy. My girls are awesome. Id never change them, (well maybe a few things ) but there will always be a part of me that would have loved a boy. And the preggo hormones certainly don't help. :-) xx I know it's a stupid cliche. But honestly as long as they are healthy I feel blessed.

Arte She's one next week. Can you believe it?? Where has the time gone.

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

Arte: dude. the only time i would want to be in 5 degrees without heating is when i turn into a seal hahahaha. you are my new hero for surviving that lol!

JM: yeah, i think we are a bit sad that there won't be a baby Nico (yes, we have names all picked out hahaha), i guess it will be just one of those things that you will always wonder about ITMS

MD: i really dislike weekends without DH. they totally suck. like arte we dont do anything in particular, but all the same, nice to have the company without work interfering IYKWIM.

AFM: told Miss L that she must clean her own bottom from now on as they wont do it for her at school...she has taken to it like a fish to water hahaha. that said, we are going through some serious amounts of paper lol.

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

OH yeah Cass! You will need to do what we did and buy shares in Sorbent The gender thing is funny the way it affects us isn't it? I know my experience is entirely different because I do have both genders, but when I was pg with A I honestly don't know what I would have done had he not been a he. And friends of ours have just had their first boy after two girls and our friend is the only son, so he felt huge pressure to have a son himself and said the other day that it's like a weight was lifted from him. But I think children of any gender are such a gift so I reckoned I would have coped.

Wow JM, a year sure has gone fast! Are you doing anything special for her birthday or not?

MD, I think a girls-only pampering weekend is in order for you and the girls

Feb 2007
    In the jungle.

No Tril. At this rate she'll be lucky to get a cake! Lol I'm supposed to fly home on Monday but not sure if I am. So not too sure where we'll be for it. I will get there but no big plans.

Hmm shares in sorbent, now there's an idea...

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

Cass, I wouldn't be your new hero if you heard me nearly crying on the phone when the lady said they wouldn't be there to fix the air con on Thursday lol. I even pulled out the 'I've got three kids under 5' thing to get some sympathy but they still didn't come. But they did come today and we are warm again
    Nico is a cute name! You pick awesome names. I can't wait to hear what little miss is going to be called.

W has been wiping his own butt for over two years now and still uses half a roll of paper. I just flush it down and be thankful that is all I have to do lol

JM, I am sure you will find something special to do for her no matter where you are. I am constantly amazed at how fast time goes when you have a baby. That first year is just crazy - seems like a blink of an eye from the time you are holding a sweet tiny newborn to when you are pinning down a wriggly screamy big baby who is pulling a nappy off as fast as you can get it on.

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

C
    I am constantly amazed at how fast time goes when you have a baby. That first year is just crazy - seems like a blink of an eye from the time you are holding a sweet tiny newborn to when you are pinning down a wriggly screamy big baby who is pulling a nappy off as fast as you can get it on.
    that is so true

JM: packet cake and splash it up with loads of norti icing you are set lol!

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

C
    I am constantly amazed at how fast time goes when you have a baby. That first year is just crazy - seems like a blink of an eye from the time you are holding a sweet tiny newborn to when you are pinning down a wriggly screamy big baby who is pulling a nappy off as fast as you can get it on.
    that is so true

JM: packet cake and splash it up with loads of norti icing you are set lol!

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

MD, Happy double birthday for your house I am a bit afraid to ask, but does that make H a....teenager? I have seen photos of both your girls on FB lately and they look very similar and very much like you (and pretty too).

Not much going on here. Thumping headache, not improved by the arrival of a $420 power bill (monthly!). Not impressed, didn't believe anyone that heat pumps are cheap to run but that is over double our normal bills and we haven't done much different since the move except turn that on. I will chase up the guy to hopefully get the diesel central heating going. If we are paying a fortune anyway then we can at least use the system that heats the whole house, not just the lounge.

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

woah, that is one steep bill arte what a pooer. i reckon there is some serious energy zapping going on there. is the hot water electric??

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

Arte, you have described the bleh-weekend-without-DH feeling very accurately! What a relief to have the heat on again, I'm not sure I could have coped, and getting that power bill in the midst of not-even-having-heat would totally tip me right over the edge! Make sure you query that, it might be there was an error on the reading of the meter just before you moved in, kwim?

BTW, H was teenager LAST YEAR! So she's fully into teenagerdom now. And she's finally grown herself some boobs... and a bit of interest from boy-teenagerdom too. AAAAAAAAAAAAH (*runs screaming from the room*).

Cass, well done getting L all set on the bum-wiping. Miss E is having a go but maybe her arms are too short or her aim is poor, because I have to wipe afterwards. Luckily we've got another half a year to get it right! When you and Trill are done acquiring the market in Sorbent shares and launched an aggressive merger/takeover of their dunny paper division, remember your ole friend MD.

JM, I can't believe it's been a year already! Are you in Oz right now? How long are you planning to linger on in the jungle? BTW I have been meaning to ask how your book-container project went. Did you end up with enough materials and did they make it ok to the jungle? I've got a new contact in the library world who collects good used school material for sending to places like PNG, so that might be another avenue for getting something useful sent your way.

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

LOL MD, I will give you a job as CEO of my toilet paper empire. Your Big Girl is growing up into a young woman far too quickly! Hard to believe that she was only as old as my DD1 is now when we had our meet up. So how are you coping with DH away still?

Arte, it was 1 deg here this morning and I thought of you when I turned the heater on at my feet. I hope it's sorted out for you now. I'm dreading getting our power bill this winter.

I have been trying to take a break from Uni while the trimester break is on and it's been great, but now I have this feeling that I am completely left behind and I should have just gotten stuck into it like everyone else seems to have done. There is a fair amount of group work to be done this time and I'm in groups with people who are far more anal retentive and organised than I am and I'm feeling the pressure already.

Also enjoying my new toy too - wishing I got the bigger data pack so I can use it more, but I will see how it goes after the first month.

And A can't wipe his own bum properly yet either and I'm quite happy to wipe it for him if it means there are no skid marks in his jocks

Jan 2006
    by the beach,NSW

Miss K wipes her bum and then finds me somewhere in the house so I can check it for her - oh the pleasures of being a mum. We have the wet wipes which work well, although I suppose we should practice with paper as they won't have them at school.

COLD this morning - toes still haven't warmed up.

DH gave me a Samsung Nexus for my birthday - pretty excited!! Although my boss rang this morning and I couldn't work out how to answer it..... And then I hung up on a client by switching the power off.....

12311 ...