... 5678917 ...

thread: Babies Born~February 1st-15th 2009 #2

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Hi Peach and Antheia (you two wrote replies while I was typing, lol)

Peach: Feel better soon! I'm the same - I'm too lazy to cook proper meals, but have been lucky and haven't got sick yet!

Antheia: That's fantastic about Orson's breastfeeds! I hope it keeps up!

Jun 2008

Just back from Dr's.............. Lil Sammy put on wait for it........

400 GRAMS IN 5 DAYS!!!!!!

BBL for personals!!

Mxx

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Moose:
    WOW! Go Sammy! That's impressive!

Add Dansta on Facebook Follow Dansta On Twitter

Jul 2008
    a slice of paridise, victoria

ello laides. just a quckie;
    Moose: WOO well done sammy! hope it keeps up!

Sterla : YaY for oli sleeping on his own accord!

Peach: glad to hear winters getting better in the cot

Anithea : glad orsons back on the boob! honey you're doing good!

AFM: soo angry, lost the diggi cam i've got to look at the place we have MG and then at a local shopping center. it eather fell out of the nappy bag (thank to DH not taking it off the back of the pram piror to folding it! or got stolen while we where at medi care...as some stupid kid thought it'd funny to go around punching people (includeing me!) grr...so now we are looking at nother one (DH wants to wait but i want one now LOL!) i'll be back later to do better personals. gotta go before tea burns!

Jun 2008

Hi everyone,

Blip: Bummer about the digi cam, hope you found it and that you did not have too many photos you had not downloaded yet. How's Daz going with all the nutrionist and other professionals? Did you end up talking to your LC about the complaint?

Sterla: WELL DONE OLI on a great check up and self settling ! Sammy is so good at it now, we hardly get a whinge out of her, just a couple grumble for show. Hope you have recovered from the very busy week-end, sounds like your DH had a nice birthday celebration and what a special thing for your DH bro to get the name tatooed.

Peach: aww, poor thing, I know what you're feeling, having a family cold is just NO FUN, I am feeling better now but DH seems to be getting worse ! Good to see that Winter seems to be fairing through ok, aren't they clever little things. As for the breast pump, its an avent isis iq uno electric we bought a 2nd hand one on Ebay. The lady bought it 10 days ago and used it 6 times only to find out that her milk was no good, so its as good as new and we paid $100 for it, that was a bargain. If you are planning on expressing for a hens night and occasional expressing, I would just get a manual pump to be honest. I have survived for 3 months with manual and I expressed at least once a day but now after each feed, I told DH I had had enough and we would have it for kiddo no2. For the hens night, if you want to express, just make sure you plan ahead (start a couple weeks early) especially if you don't know how much you are able to express in one sitting, you can freeze your EBM for up to 3 months or keep it for 3 days in the fridge. You'll also have to express that night to get rid of the "tainted milk" so I would plan for 2 feeds depending on what time you are going out.

Antheia: sinus infections sucks, hope you and the family are fairing better. Sammy seems to be kinda off and on as well with the formula. She actually fell asleep on th boob after a REALLY good drink this am and has not done this in ages, she didn't even have her formula, so that was a nice feeling that I am now making alot more milk. Thats great that Orson went back after 36 hours, they know boob is best!!

Raver: what's this teasin us with I'm back and not let us know how you are going?? :P Hope you , Bella & family are doing well, looking forward to hear from you.

Alrighty, morning tea time, starvin'

Mxx

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

Morning Girls,
    Blip that sucks so bad about your diggi. I really hope it turns up.

Moose- WOW that is ridiculous!!! Go Sammy!!! That is SOOOOO awesome! did your jaw drop when you saw the scales???

Sterla- That is so nice about DH's bro getting tattoo'd! Glad to hear your weekend was good and that Oli is nice and healthy and growing well

Antheia- I hope you get better soon

Everything is good here, oooohhh guess what I did last night? So when we got home from getting groceries last night our neighbour came over when we were getting out of the car(so in my defence i was distracted) DP took Winter upstairs while i got the shopping... but I left all the doors open and it POURED all night and now our car is drenched on the inside... Im an idiot.

No other news really, Winter is asleep in her cot so thats nice. Hope everyone is good

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Hi girls .

Blip: That sucks big time about your camera! I hope it shows up. Did you have most of your pics off it, or have they been lost along with the camera? How is Daz doing these days?

Moose: That was a bargain for your breast pump! A good investment though . I'm still gob smacked about Sammy's weight gain! Go Sammy!

Peach: Woops about your car, lol! Let's blame it on baby brain!

Feel better soon all those people with colds!!! It seems like everyone has one atm (not me yet ).

AFM: Oliver was doing the cutest thing before. He was lying in his bassinet and looked like he was in a good mood, so I started playing peek-a-boo with him. Usually he kind of just looks at me with great interest, occasionally smiles - but today every time I said "BOO!" he'd do a big chuckle! I was doing it for ages (and getting such sore cheeks from grinning myself), and he kept laughing over and over again!
    After Oliver's appointment yesterday I had a look through a bunch of his clothes I had packed away that are too big... and well, I think he'll actually fit (or is really close to fitting) most of the 00s I have! It seems to happen so suddenly! I also came across a few 000 clothes that I must have missed - and now he's probably only going to get one wear out of it . Oh well.
    My week is quickly filling up. I'm seeing a friend tomorrow. Thursday I'm taking Oliver to playgroup at my little sister's school for her Child Studies class, and on Friday I've been invited to a Learning Ladder Get Together on Friday by the wife of one of my DH's colleagues. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few good educational toys, etc for Oliver .

Hope everyone is well!

Jul 2008

ello my lovies!

Moose: yeah i did. im re-doing the letter. is it was 3 pages long but it'll happen. as all i know is i'm still 'getting over' what happend. and they need to know what they did was wrong and almost against the law as i said no to treatment several times but it'll get there...

Peach: ooo i SO understand the whole flooded car thing. i did that to one seat (the other side to daz's car seat thank gawd!) but i felt soo bad. maybe see if you can get one of those heat guns and try and dry the car out? (they're like turbo charged hair dryers LOL!) but its fair enough you where distracted and have a young bub - thats a VERY easy thing to do!

Sterla : Woo for oli's growth. isnt it a moment when you find something that would have fit earlyer? i know i've been doing that with the clothes our friends gave us (hello three garbo bags worth, sizes 0000 all the way to 2 or 3 i think) but its a good reason to get more! sounds like a busy week for you!

Anthiea - how are you going? hows orsons b/f-ing?

AFM: found my Digi cam! under the drivers seat in the car have NO idea how it got there...but it did. so i'm feeling better. was more upset about the loss of the photos (even though 90% ARE on the computer) plus i have some lovely ones of DH's fixer-upper car we have (and i love, love love this car too...its an FB...and its 'Daz's car as hes a Feb Baby! hehe) daz had a cruddy night/moring/ early arvo with wind and reflux i left DH with him for an hour, after the day i had i *needed* to get out and i hunted down the Brauer pro-mo 4 pack, its got teething reliefe, tummy upset reliefe and colic too i think...(packs in daz's room...and hes asleep *finaly*) 4 chemists LATER i finaly got it. must be good if people are buying it. at my MG one of the mums swore by it for colic/relfux and her bub was premmie and calms him down! plus i bought myself some lipgloss (all mine died in the heat as they got left in my car the day i was in labour WHOOPS!) and a new eye shadow...so i feel much better. but poor DH had darren wake up and throw up (after feeding him from the wrong bottle but he was fine as soon as i walked in the door but DH *is* trying so i give him credit...mind you i dont know how he'd cope with vomit AND a poo-y nappy ...as that happend after i got home more vomit and poo'y nappy ...next time i'll have to time it better

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

Good Morning!
    Im sorry Moose, I dont know how I managed to completely miss your last post?!?? Thank you for the tips on expressing.. gee it seems like a lot of work! How good is ebay for a bargain?! I went through a stage when pregnant where i was obsessed with it! I must admit though Im a bit irritated with a seller Im dealing with atm, how hard is it to reply to a message?!(sorry not your fault Moose)

Blip- Thats great you found your camera.. maybe it fell out of your handbag if you put it on the car floor? You must have been so relieved when you found it.

Sterla- Hope your having a good day with your friend, Your a busy Mummy! Thanks again for the photo tip, very helpful*

Antheia- Hope your getting better!

Raver- Hellooooooo???

Nothing exciting really today, its been raining non stop since last night so im in my dressing gown and am not getting dressed all day Ive decided... Winter is having her morning nap, she is so wonderful. A little bit worried though about the drive to Bundy friday though as we are going so well with the cot routine and after we went out 3 days in a row last week it went back to the screaming start all over again....

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Morning ladies.

Blip: That's great that you found your camera! Woot!

Peach: A day in pj's sounds good, lol! No worries about the photo stuff... I think having a computer programmer for a husband has rubbed off me a bit. I know a few little tricks here and there! Love the pic of Winter - so cute!

How is everyone else doing?

AFM: After Oliver not doing any poos at all yesterday, I was greeted this morning by the biggest, heaviest, pooiest nappy I've ever had the great privelage of changing! It was everywhere and took 4-5 wipes to get all of it! Ah, the joys of motherhood, lol!
    Also, I'm not sure if Oliver is maybe having a growth spurt, cause he's been waking for a feed during the night the last couple of nights. He's been sleeping through for maybe a month now, so for him to need a night feed is unusual. Does anyone know if they tend to have a growth spurt around now?
    I'm off to the supermarket and then to my friend's place. Hope everyone is having a good day .

Jul 2004

Sterla, around the 12 weeks mark babies go through a growth spurt and around the 14 week mark babies go through a wonder week(developmental spurt) So about now is a big change for them and that's probably why he is waking during the night. You may also find he is more clingy/fussy around this time also.
    Last edited by Antheia; May 20th, 2009 at 11:37 AM.

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Thanks Antheia - full of wisdom as always .

Jul 2008

Ello lovies!

Peach : i was soo happy! i could have danced. but i'm mad enough as it is ooo im soo green eyed about being in PJs all day! i wish i could do that!

sterla: woo for growth sperts! as for pooy nappies, its all fun and games untill a foot goes in it! i think with b/f bubs they can go 7days with out a poo...want an amuseing family story? one of my cousens would poo every 7 days around 10am every saterday! ...i thought it was funny untill my dad said "yeah, it was smelly enough to clear the WHOLE farm, i think the cows where scared if it!"

Anthiea : how are you love? how are your kiddies? i have a question for you - when babys teeth do the teeth look like little white dot on the gum that feel hard? or is it really just vermix under there (like a MCHN told me?)

AFM: busy busy day for daz and i! had a Gp appt thismorning and im starting to not like my GP. i tried talking to him about what happend in hospital RE the failure to thrive. he told me 'take some time out for your self. got to a coffee shop and have coffee" that helps...NOT! i guess i wanted him to be able to tell me if the crud i had running though my head last weekend was normal or not...but NOPE dismissed again... then to medicare for some other stuff. bonus - it was quiet! then quick pit stop at homeand off to MG (nice and early to feed darren so he didnt spew in the car!)had MG we've arranged to keep it going every other week at peoples places which is nice! then i had a MCHN appt that i forgot about. but im happy daz is now 5.790kg and 61cm long. it was also a differant MCHN. but im waiting untill friday to call the dietion 'cus im going to see the LC on friday, so i want his waight taken from there - as they're scales have been used more often and seem to be a little more...correct!(plus it means a little more time to put on some waight aaaaaaand work out the perfict 'nah-nah-nah-nah DARREN IS FINE EAT THE PROVERBAL AND DIE!' speech for one phone) got home from MG, darren was alseep...untill i took him out of the car. had a snooze between 6 and 6:45 which was good then was reeeeeeeeeeeeaaly cranky. he then settled on DH...then DH wanted to go to bed...so i spent the next hour trying to settle him down, i even gave him some brauer's colic stuff...another 20mins after that and he took another 100mls of milk and went off, but i expect him to wake up around 12 for a feed (he's had a refuxy day the poor thing) and tomorrow i hope to clean the house up and maybe even do the shopping...friday is the LC aaaaand saterday...was...something something...woo mummy brain strikes again! haha...im going togo and make a *hot* drink and hopeufully have it *hot* haha
    hope every one has a wonderful thursday!

Jul 2004

In my experience teeth look like white lines under the gum (so youre seeing the top of the tooth) and also just before you see the tooth the gum looks pale white and hard. Orson has a white spot on his gum that is hard, but it isn't a tooth. I've no idea what it is, all my kids have had it. When its a tooth you'll know it. They usually start to teethe around 5-6months but sometimes earlier. (DD started at 3mths that is when i first could see it under the gum but it didnt erupt until 7mnths. It was a long and painful 4 months let me tell you!)

What exactly happened at the hospital that you want to complain about? (i must have missed this bit)

AFM: We had a very good breastfeeding day! Only one feed was there screaming and in the end he BF anyway

Jul 2008

ahh thanks anthiea - a river of wisdom you are! as for hospital - what didnt happen is the question! its in my blog if you want the full story lol.

Jun 2008

Hiya yummy mummies,

how is everyone this morning? We had a bit of a rough night here. Sammy had problems going to bed last night, was up at 2am after she did a massive poo ( not liking what formula does to her poos I'm afraid, it reeks and is more solid!!), took til 3 to get back to sleep then up again at 6am... and was also possibly up around 5 its all a blur. She went back for a bit of sleep til about 6:25 and is asleep now. DH was like WOW that was rough ( cause he got up and did the 2-3am shift for the 1st time) and is still sleeping mind you At least, he is not going to work today as he is off sick (final day before he goes back to work) but makes me giggle because I don't know how many time I've done it and it's like "yeah, been there and done that"

Had Mg yesterday which was good, a very nice group of mums we have and I really enjoy getting out. The weather this week has been shocking and with us having colds, I haven;t been out for my walks in about a week and I really miss it. today is looking just as gloomy Dh even commented on how grouchy I've been in the last 3-4 days and I think its because all 3 of us have been cooped up in here for a week with minimal time apart and sick on top of that! LOL We are also in the middle of getting plans & design to build a house sorted and its doing our head in!! so much to learn and do when you are building.

Blip: About your GP...just write the letter love, don't ask for anyone else's advice and do it. Alternatively, you could always make an appointment with someone in the hospital (that handles complaint ) and have a a face to face with them. Glad your MG is going good too, it'd be nice to meet at other mums place but for us too many of us live in units and can't handle 9 prams!! Poor little Daz having a refluxy day..awww hope he feels better today. and YAY on Medicare not having lines, that IS always a bonus!

Sterla: have you started packing yet?? When is the big day you are moving in? Dh saw Oli' picture yesterday and thought it was hilarious! Are you still getting laughs when you do Peek-a-boo? i blew a raspberry on Sam;s tummy 2 nights ago and got a real "reaction"laugh for the 1st time. She laughed before but not as a reaction to what I as doing. Was awesome but she's been holding them all in since then cheeky bugger.

Peach: Hows everyone in the Peach's household, everyone getting better? Winter still fighting it? As for expressing, I didn't mean to scare you! LOL It all depends on how much milk your boob produces. If you are like sterla and have magic milk boobs, then NO WORRIES but if like me, you just need to plan ahead a bit more. It's REALLY nice to have a night out, make sure you do it!

Antheia: Go Orson!! Good on you for hanging in there with BF! Hope you are feeling better too and for your infinite wisdom about the development of our little sunshines!

Raver: Everything ok?? We miss you

Sammy is up now, so better get the mummy hat on and go play with her

have a good one everybody

Jun 2008

Must learn to write SHORT posts! LOL

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Hiya ladies!

For some reason I missed that there were new posts all yesterday... I didn't get any notifications. Hopefully I will next time.

Blip: I hope Daz is a bit better today . How are you?

Jords: How are you and Winter? How was your day in your dressing gown? lol

Moose: That's no good about your rough night. I hope Sammy slept better for you last night. How fantastic that Sammy is laughing for you! Oliver is still laughing when I peek-a-boo. I was doing it today when I was changing him. I held his little jeans up in front of my face, then took them away saying "Boo!". He looks really shocked/surprised for a second, then bursts out with a giggle! He doesn't do it all the time - I think he has to be in the right mood.

And as for packing... um, well, I kind of haven't started yet . It's such a huge, daunting task that I keep putting it off and putting it off. We get the keys next Wednesday, but won't be moving until either the first or second weekend in June (depending how quickly my DH and helpers can get the painting done). We have a few boxes, so I think I'm going to start packing over the weekend.

Yesterday Oliver and I went to my lil' sister's school for playgroup. I thought Oliver would be the youngest there, but there was actually a 4 week old baby boy there too! Oliver couldn't exactly participate in the activities, as they were more aimed at toddlers, but he still enjoyed looking around at everything there. I think my sister was pretty happy to show Oliver off to her friends too .
    This morning I went to the Learning Ladder Get Together. There were a few other mums there, all with bubs about 6-8 months old. It was great to see all the other bubs sitting, crawling, trying to stand, etc - I kept thinking, "Gee, Oliver's going to be doing all this soon!". I ended up ordering a few things... a couple of books, a play-centre and some First Words cards for when he's older. It cost more than I'd usually spend, but it's so hard not to spend money on Oliver, lol .

... 5678917 ...