Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 16th-30th 2010 #1

wite - i cant believe u got urs now!
    I actually rang them this morning about it and they said it usually takes 21-28 days.
    Maybe the one off payment you got was an early one and the rest will come later.
    Yeh they do back date it cos it starts from bubs birth.
    I was told mine should come when i get my next payment which is now in 2 weeks! at least ill get back dated alot......
    My new payments for having 2 kids also kicks in at the same time too.

hey ww- bb is paid separately to the FTB. Since it gets paid the day after your FTB and the website shows you the next payment only, then it is only showing the FTB. For example, I get my FTB on a Friday and get my BB on the other Friday, so when I check after receiving BB, it shows FTB is going to be paid, but if I check after FTB has been paid, then it says that BB is the next to be paid (are you confused as well?) And $407 is definately what the fortnightly payment is!

They won't back date the BB to when bubs was born. The whole point of splitting it up was to stop people getting a lump sum of money, and if they back date it, some people could get quite large payments! They will however backdate the FTB to when bubs was born, so you will get extra with that! And my bb took almost 5 weeks to come through, but then DH had stuffed up the forms which slowed it down.

I didnt get get dated with my BB, but by what kirsten said sounds right that you get your FTB different to your BB.

Sorry I thought it was BB that was back dated. The lady on the phone was pretty useless..

Buzzie- I cannot believe I got mine that quickly either..I check the Family Ass. website daily so I know if my payments changed & I was suprised to see I got paid my usual one day & then another amount the following day..It confused the hell out of me, especially since it said "one off payment of BBY" and I couldn't figure out the BBY part of it!! I got paid my normal amount for Jett one day & then the following day I got paid the B/Bonus first installment aswell as arrears for the past week & a half that harlows been around for Family Tax A&B...and they were also kind enough to pay me in arrears for rent assistance too...28cents woot!!! haha.

Thanks Kirsten, Now it makes sense..basically it IS what I assumed, I get paid my FTB one day then the B/Bonus the following day..I think I was more confused by the "one off payment", why can't they just say it as "your first installment" would make much more sense (to me) that way!!! I know they don't backdate the baby bonus, They backdated my Family Tax stuff! Boo to your partner for stuffing up your forms...5 weeks is forever to wait!!

Hi everyone!!!

I have been reading your posts everyday, but our laptop died so it's been on the iPhone... Grrr, so hard to reply properly on this thing.

So George had some ok nights then some terrible ones. In general, he will sleep after his 11pm feed till 2:30 and then after a feed then, till 6:30am. Our biggest issue is getting him down after his 7pm feed. He just won't sleep. We have tried everything... Bath, grobag, dark quiet room... He has no interest. It's as if he knows we're still awake so he wants to be up with us.
    At the same time he is definitely sleeping less during the day... No more than 3-4 hours in total. That equals no rest for mummy! I would be ok with it if ge just sat quietly, but he doesn't know what to do with himself so he cries. Is anyone else experiencing this?

What are your bubs up to development wise? I have no idea what is 'normal' for G since he was prem.

Hi connie - chloe sounds similar to George. We struggle to get her to sleep during the 'witching hour' as well. I wake her at 6:30 and she has a bath then a feed but doesnt usually go to sleep until about 7:45 ish (if we are lucky!). Its great George goes from 2:30 - 6:30 am. Chloe wakes at about 5 am.. and then again at 7! She is also awake lots during the day - especially between 7 - 11 am. I find that to sometimes she is ok on her play matt underneath lots of hanging toys for about 15 mins tops before she cries. Otherwise I have to pop her in sling thing so that I can get things done. This usually puts her to asleep as well. Between 7am and 7pm she prob sleeps from around 6-7 hours still.

we kind of have a daily routine - feed at 7am. Dad walks her in the sling with the dog while I have a shower and get dressed etc! I then play with her and give her a top up feed before she finally goes to sleep around 9 ish. She is then up at 10 am for another feed and a quick play. Asleep until 1pm then up for a feed and quick play - asleep until 4 when I feed her and dad gets home from work. Pop her in the sling and walk her with the dog. Keep her in the sling or pop her in bassinet if she has conked out then we get her up at 6:30 to start the bedtime routine.. During the day once she wakes she is usually back to sleep at around the 1 hour mark, i.e. wakes at 1pm is back to sleep around 2. But she is an extremely fast feeder and I have a real quick letdown. She wouldnt feed for more than 20 mins total at the absolute most - usually only 15 mins.

As for developmental side of things - I can now talk Chloe into giving me a smile which is so so cute! She obviously knows my voice and turns to where I am talking to her from. Apart from generally being awake more and stacking lots of weight on (especially in her cheeks) there is not much more I can think of. Just generally more alert and definately crying more than she used to!

How about everyone else?

Connie- Have you tried popping him in a sling so that you can get stuff around the house done while "holding" him & keeping him happy during the day?? Sorry to hear heisn't giving you much of abreak during the day-Harlow does that right when I am about to sit down to eat my dinner..I swear they just KNOW when you want to relax!!

I wanted to "wear" Annika in a sling more but have found my back/hips are still recovering after all my inactivity & PG issues, so haven't been able to. We had a hell day mon, she was awake from 11am to 9pm... And I took her to get checked out by the Osteo in the middle which didnt help. Apparently she was very tight thru hip & back which wouldn't be helping wind. Add to that the fact that DH's back was really bad - ah mental day. But yesterday better so am hoping dietary & Osteo has helped. Plus I finally got the BAS & business admin done last night thank effing god!! Will post about our normal day later, but she's definitely getting more alert & responsive

Hi all,

We are starting to have fun and games during arsnic hour too. Any tiny change in the regular routine can set it off. Last night Pearl was awake from 4:20pm-9pm (normally she will go 1.5hrs max) so she was exhausted by the time she finally got off to sleep.It was my fault though because my SIL dropped around and I felt like I should be entertaining her instead of settling Pearl properly and once she had gone past the point of no return it was hopeless.

I have given up trying to get the feed and sleep times the same each day and I have noticed that latley she is awake for an hour and sleeping for an hour - different to before when she was awake for one and sleeping for two - she was like clockwork needing to be fed every three hours.

We are still doing the dreamfeeds and they seem to be getting easier (much quicker to get her on the boob) they are working out really well too it means that instead of waiting for her to wake up and feed when I want to got to bed at around 10:30pm I just feed her and she usually then has a good sleep until about 2:30(ish).

My main problem lately has been the breast thrush which I thought was let down pain for soo long - I was up for most of the night Monday night in pain and yesterday the pain reduced me to tears. I am currently getting around the house topless most of the time in an attempt to dry out my boobs and kill it. I am also bleaching all bras after each wear, changing breast pads after each feed, bleaching towels, sheets and PJ tops and running the hottest water I can tolerate onto my boobs in the shower. After a fair bit of battling and a trip to the dr I finally got some oral drugs to take (if you ever get it you need more than the single dose that you take for vag thrush - don't let them tell you otherwise) and have started taking ibeprofen for the pain at night (which I have now learned is worse at night). Also the only reason it is soo bad is because I had it for so long before treating it so if you get pain between feeds get onto it quickly. Thank god the pain relief helped last night and I had the best night's sleep I have had in weeks.

Hello sweeties!

Just wanted to drop in quickly to say hello. Sorry to hear about everyone's difficulties.... wind, wakfefulness, crying, changes in routines or lack of routine. We are pretty much the same here, based on what you're all saying. But for me it's so much better than it was.... Hannah bear still cries is wakeful and has wind, but it's not for hours at a time and she's not inconsolable. AND she's put on 310grams from her birth weight - not great compared to most babies... but considering that she had been losing weight, we are so happy.

Hannah has been smiling for a while now, but it's more often and more connected to what's going on around her. She is really alert and able to follow objects with her eyes. Hannah's not so good at being left alone on her mat either, and only tolerates a tiny amount of tummy time.

Thanks for the tip about checking the web site re baby bonus - I had forgotten about being able to do that.

All I can say is, if you're struggling - please hang in there. Baby and mummy hugs to you all. Not on here too much at the mo as we have visitors....

Connie – 3-4 hours of sleep during the day is excellent, I wish blake did this. He sleeps maybe 1 and a half hour max during the whole day. Blake is different, we put him down at 8pm and usually goes to sleep pretty easy, but his 2:30 feed is our killer as it takes us so long to get him back to sleep.

Just a quick one from me as little man is about to wake up, but everything is fine here. Nothing new. I did have a few questions to ask but think of any at the moment lol.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Deana - an hour and a half a day is so little, gosh you have my sympathy, I dont know how you do it. One 10hour day drove me nuts!!

Dory - so glad to hear Hannah bear is doing better (I just want to cuddle her with that name!), and great weight gain too, you must be pleased. Do you think your supply has changed on the meds?

Chuckie - Ooh ouch! You poor thing! I assume you're treating pearl for the thrush too? Are you using drops or gel? Hope that pain goes asap

Connie - I can't think of any other milestones that they're supposed to be reaching.

Wite - I think it was you enjoying 'girl-land' after having a boy first. Totally agree its soooo much fun!! I love having my pigeon pair!!!

AFM better day here. Annika is still unsettled at times but I feel like I'm getting better at reading it - and the key seems to be avoiding her getting too overtired. We don't have a set routine as such and I've stopped dreamfeding because she seems to be happy doing a last feed at about 8 or 9. She definitely has patches where she just wants to be up and just taking in the world. We're also keeping her upright for at least 10mins after every boob to try stop her spitting up as much. How much do your bubs spit up? She seems to do it more than I remember DS - there's a few every feed and then some in between.

Belfie - how long does she sleep after her at or 9pm feed?

Questions if anyone can help:
    1. until what age should we be feeding every 3-4 hours during the day?
    2. do some babies just refuse to do a long sleep at night? i.e. Chloe!! She gets fed every three hours during the day but still wakes every 2.5 - 3 hours at night too! Or is there something I should try..
    3. Wite you may be able to answer this one - if my throid is overactive - how does this affect the baby?

I think thats it for now... THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

xx

Hi to everyone and your beautiful babies, sorry for no personals but I'm going to try and be quick. I've got a house inspection tomorrow, a bit surprised by it as I've only been living here for about a month or so. Anyway I might try and get a little bit of housework done while Isaac is asleep.

everything is going well here, the mastitis has cleared up but I still have a day to go on the antibiotics. I think they are giving Isaac diarrhea so it'll be good when I've finally finished them. Apart from that he is doing great, but has broken out in pimples on his chubby cheeks! We found something he loves doing today too, I sat on the fitball while holding him, and started bouncing slowly and gently.. wow he really loved it, he had his bath time face on I think it'll be a great thing for settling.. very calming fluid movements.

fuzzy - Sorry I can't help with any answers, but Isaac doesn't have a long sleep at night either. I read yesterday that it's normal, and its because babies stomach is only the size of their fist and as breast milk is so quickly digested that they need to keep having regular feeds. Every baby is probably different though, but that seemed to make sense for Isaacs feeding pattern.

After a really bad night on Monday, I caved in and bought a dummy yesterday. I still haven't used it yet though, and I'm hoping I don't have to, I'll just keep it as a last resort. Does anyone know if it's true that babies who have dummies stop breastfeeding earlier?

I'm starting to regret booking my flights to Perth for November, when I booked it I thought Isaac would be older than he will be. He'll be 7 weeks, and I don't know how I feel about taking him to a different place for a week when he's so young, and having to share a holiday house with mum, her parner, my sister and her family. But then, it'll be great to have a break and to see my sisters and their kids. I think I'm just worried about Isaac getting sick or something being exposed to so many different people when he's so little. I think I'm worrying too much..

Fuzzy- If your Thyroid is overactive like mine..When you had Chloe the Hospital "should" have gotten hers tested by giving her a blood test the day after she was born & then on day 4,7 & 10 of her life to see if it has affected her- This is what they did for Harlow, Though I have NO idea if they tell me the results or if it is a "no news is good news" thing, I guess I wait for my 6week checkup with my GP & see if he has the answers, I'd assume if something was wrong they'd tell me sooner (right??). When you next have a check-up with your local GP, Mention it to him as some Hpspitals and Drs do it all differently but a friend of mines daughter was blood tested the same as Harlow because she had an overactive thyroid aswell. I'm not 100% sure on the affects it can have on the babies once they are born, I googled and got mixed responses and mixed symptoms for them but they DO say it is rare for any thyroid problems to pass on, I think when they check YOUR antibodies in pregnancy if they are clear or good results it HASN'T crossed to bub...Hope that makes some kind of sense to you? It sort of does to me..I guess it just depends on how your thyroid results were throughout your labour, Do you remember them checking your antibodies to see if they crossed over or were high or anything? I was on one tablet a day for mine and my levels were all fine yet they still tested Harlow..

Harlows leeping..She wakes for a feed in the morning around 8am then will sleep for almost 3 hours then wake for another feed..she is a bit up & Down during the day with sleeping, she mostly wants to be held and not be put down though I have been trying to put her down & let her cry it out a little bit before I go pick her up again..>She has an unsettled period right as I sit down to eat dinner so I am used to eating them cold now!! Once she has a last feed around 1030pm she is out for the night, sleeping about 5 hours before waking for a feed then she will smile & be all cute for half an hour before she sleeps again..I guess I am happy withhow she is doing, we don't do routine, it worked with us with Jett & we are kind of the same again but I am trying to make mroe of an effort to keep he rinher cot & not just put her in her bouncer to go to sleep during the day as we did with Jett, I am also closing her curtains when she goes down so she knows lights out means ni-ni's time..

Fuzzy - in my opinion - every baby is so different and even if they have a big sleep one night or even for a week it doesn't mean they will stay the same.
    So many things change a babies night, whether it be normal newborn stuff or upset tummies, then they start teething and it changes again, general sicknesses, lovely daylight savings and then a little older as Ash has now nightmares etc.... i don't think you can really do anything as such to 'make' a baby sleep besides making sure they have a full tummy, warm enough, clean nappy maybe, all that stuff .. No matter what i did to comfort Ash it was always a battle, yet so far Isabella has been fantastic, settles quickly and has even started self settling. You can only do your best and i think if there a bad sleeper its easy to except that's maybe just they way it is rather beat yourself up thinking your doing something wrong etc. in saying that, of course there's no harm on seeking opinions or advise.. but guess im just saying don't overly stress cos what may work for some period of time, will most likely change as you baby does. - this is my more go with the flow attitude as i dont do controlled crying etc and found after trying everything under the sun to get Ash to sleep, i coped better mentally thinking its just the way he is and one day he will start sleeping.
    Im sure others have different views about being stricter.. but this was last resort thinking for me that helped me.
    I think chloes sleeping atm is very normal and wouldnt worry. also dont forget as the weather gets warmer they will feed more so its important to let them have that.
    I demand feed but try most days to go 3 hours, but if shes unhappy i wont knock her back. Some babies will wean themselves as they get older but if your happy to feed then what ever shes wants is fine, I dont think theres anything wrong with feeding a baby as long as ur happy to physically keep doing it, especially if theres nothing else that is settling her.

ok ive rambled enough,....

hope everyones well. went out last night to DPs birthday dinner, was lovely besides Ash ran a muck! For DPs present we are going to Tassie in december on the spirit of tasmania CANT WAIT! so need a holiday!

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast