Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born~September 2007 #51

Default Babies Born~September 2007 #51

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying ~ Senior Moderator
    AJP ~ Moderator
    Nelle ~ Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

hi girls
    wellw hat hope have i got to reply to all the personals when they are a WHOLE thread back LOL!
    MD I hope you are feeling ok today, i dont know how i missed that you were having another chemo round this week - so sorry you must have thought i was mega selfish not to mention anything. i hope you are doing ok today.. it sounds like your family is handling things well and being a real support to you.
    MM - i missed you so glad to see you back. it must have been hard in the dr surgery, i can understand that... i doubt v much your dh is off dtd, i agree with rainy it sounds like he is concerned for you and also maybe a bit scared? maybe you can get away for a night the 2 of you to talk things through and plan for the future and also to talk about all the has happened? i am sure his protective instinmct for you has kicked in, it must be v scary for a man to see his wife going through all of that as well as he must feel sad himself. i am sure you will work it out. how are you feeling now you have seen the dr etc?
    noni - dont beat yourself up about the mould. i hope you managed to get rid of it!
    Rainy - your dad sounds sweet. i am rushing to the mailbox each day now looking for my latest cr offer!
    Ange - i hope glenn finds what he wants soon... another house move, i dont know how you do it but this sounds like it is the right thing. how would you feel about going to png if it happened?
    sherie - no probs re that weekendjust let me know when you will be here and we can plan something then.
    arte - wanted to ask what else did you have to avoid aside from chocolate? Jacob has bad wind so i am thinking i may need to do some elimination... but dont know what! do lentils have an affect? i made a gorgeous lentil and veg soup the other night but poor J suffered bad after so i wonder if that did it?
    J is doing so well - i went to the nurses today (for N actually) and they had a self weigh centre - he is up to 4.3kg! that means he is 1.2kg above birth weight! holy moly!!!! so iw ont worry about my feeding as i have been...
    N is great - we went today to see the physio as we are a little worried about his walking (he stumbles a lot and is still v timid). she says he turns his feet in alittle so we are prob going to have to get orthotics for him for a little bit... have to see another physio about that. it feels good to have some answers, it has been a big worry, esp for DH.
    DH is back at work today :-( but we are off to sydney this weekend (my best friend is having a party for her 1yo twins). i am half looking fwd and half scared about going...
    i saw 'my sisters keeper' at the movies this morning. it is so full on!

PAP did you like my sisters keeper? I love the book and I am off to see it next weekend. Go little J on the weight gain.

Noni are you feeling better today?

Rainy I wish you hadn't listed all those online stores, think I might get my niece the Marilyn dress.

MM I agree with the others, I dont think your DH is off DTD he is just worried about you.

Ange I hope Lu is feeling better soon.

A big hello to everyone else.

Not much happening here today, feeling tired and hormonal lol. DS is having a nice big sleep so I am just chillen out.

Oz - yep i really loved it. I was cuddling little J sooooo tight the whole way through, i found it very emotional! i loved the book a lot more though, but i think they did a good job. I love all jodi Picoult books, need to read the latest one.

PAP I am a big Jodie Picoult fan too, I haven't read a book for ages. Might have to start reading again, especially since I have a few of hers I havent read yet.

oh dear a new thread what hope do i have??
    looks like i might be able to save the sheet but not the matress protector.. theyre hanging in the sun atm.. atleast the matress is fine phew!!
    im so tired!! good thing is i got blood test results back today that say my iron and haemoglobin is pretty stable, a little low, but good for me and fine to go on with normal supplements
    please send some labour vibes my way ladies i soooo dont wanna go overdue again!!

Hi girls, another big Jodi Picoult fan here too, my fave is 'the pact'. She is such a good author, wish I had the talent to write like she does! Really want to see my sisters keeper too.

Rainy - Thanks for the advice re the online stores. I am so in love with the marilyn dress. Now I just have to make DH love it just as much lol, nah he is pretty lenient with spending (not like his tight brothers) but he is also very smart with money at the same time iykwim. He really delves into things, 'do we really need it' 'doesnt she have one already' lol sometimes it sucks but he keeps me in line because if I could I would go berserk on things for M. If you ever come across an oobi sale let me know will you? Yes I think you are right about DH just being worried about it all happening again.

Ange - Happy for your hubby, no point sticking around in a job where he isnt appreciated. PNG opportunity sounds great, what a great learning experience for the girls. Whatever happens you guys will be fine, you sound like a real positive go getting couple iykwim. SO hear you on those public tanties lol. Little monkeys!!!!!

PAP - Glad the weight gain has settled your worries, must be a relief to have that confirmation that he has put on a decent amount of weight & that your feeding is going well. Re N, is that what they called 'pigeon toed'? Everything will be fine, good thing you spotted it and got onto it early.

Big time labour vibes to Noni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting now!

Had a nice morning at pilates & toddler gym, now time to clean the house woopee!

whooppps! sorry for planting the oobi seed in everyone's minds LOL...their stuff is just so gorgeous though!!! katie you should definitely get the marilyn for your niece it's only 29.95 at cradlerock

hayley- my dh is pretty strict with $ too. definitely keeps us on track financially. he's actually been a really good influence on me cos i'm hopeless with money.

big big big labour vibes to noni!!!!! c'mon out little fella!!!

Rainy I saw it for $30 at cradlerock but it doesnt come in the bigger size, it only goes up to 1, that will be perfect for you though Oz. Also I read that Oobi clothing are a tad small & I did notice that when I saw one of their dresses in a shop here (so rare & DH said no, remember!?) I was thinking the 1-2 for Mads but now I'm wondering whether to get 2-3 seeing as she is a chubba & I want to get a bit of wear outta it.

Speaking of my chubby bub, was at the op shop today and a lady said to me 'Gee she definately isnt under fed'. I was so offended inside, but I laughed at her comment, maybe I am just being over sensitive though cos I'm sure she wasnt saying it to be horrible lol

Girls I need help & no one has replied to my thread yet, anyone know anything about the quinny zapp or childcare captiva stroller? I've decided to get a newbie after speaking to DH, we want a decent one for Bali & also because my car is on gas the tank takes up so much boot space. So its outta these two and I dont know which one to get. Can anyone help?

Oh Fart bum poop!!!! I just did a huge post and lost it! I knew I should have copied it first LOL!

H, Don't feel silly about feeling the way you did in the waiting room, you are still grieving hun and you might feel like that from time to time for a while yet, and it's perfectly OK if you do. I wouldn't worry about DH going off you or DTD, he's still trying to deal with it all too and it's not so much that he's gone off it, but you're the love of his life and he just doesn't want to see you have to go through it again, even if it's still a million to one chance that it would happen, it's a pretty big deal for him to protect you from that if he can kwim? Keep talking to him about it and I'm sure that you will be able to work it out.

PP, that's an awesome weight gain! I guess the quick feeing isn't an issue after all LOL. Great that you're onto N's walking and feet - the earlier the better. Hopefully it can be corrected by orthotics only and nothing else. I will have a look online tonight and work out exactly what I will be doing and let you know

G, the marilyn dress is gorgeous isn't it? I just had a look and at that price am sooo tempted to get one for my niece

Oz, I hope you did get a good chill session in and you didn't jinx yourself by posting LOL!

Noni, sending truckloads of labour vibes your way hun. Bugger about the matress protector being buggered.

Ange, don't worry if you can't get personals in, we know you would if you could that's such a shame DH has had to leave his job, he has put in so much effort and hard work for them. But this could be a prime opportunity for a sea change and new direction for you. I hope he hears from one of the offers soon. Thats no good about Lu being sick for so long either I hope that it doesn't last much longer for her.

Got A's birthday present completely sorted today. I laybyed on tuesday one of the little ride on tractor/loaders at target and today got a wooden THomas roundhouse to add to the collection we already have. I don't think he's sick-sick, but his nappies are still putrid.

H, I have no idea on the stroller choice - I haven't had either one. I don't even know what they look like LOL so I will have to toddle off for a google I reckon...

***Labour vibes for Noni***

PAP, Lentils will be a definite culprit. I found that I couldn't eat much sugary food while BF. I would never have thought of it and I am so grateful that JaZaH mentioned it at some stage - it was the difference between a windy, spewy unsettled baby and a dream bub.

Thanks Arte no more lentils then... And I will watch sugar too I guess

I saw the short for My sister's Keeper on the telly yesterday and thought, gee that looks good, no wait...I'm not doing "challenging" books/movies right now! LOL Only happy feel-good viewing here (with the exception of vampire/scifi tv series LOL). Don't know that there's a big enough box of tissues I could take to the cinema if i watch it right now. Plus i haven't read the book and I usually have a rule about that.

MM - aw your DH is such a sweetie - I'm so sure he's just terrified of seeing you suffering again, he needs time to get over the trauma too. xxx Keep talking about it and in the meantime tell him if he's not DTD then you want your share of back rubs & massages to get you thru...that might break thru his self-restraint .

Ange I'm glad you posted, have been wondering how things are coming along for you guys. I *can't believe* you have to move again...Hey I have a good idea for a family business - you could set up a removals company Y'all are experts now! You are such a positive person, I know any decision you make will be the right one because you have the right attitude to make anything you do a success.

PP - no my dear I would never think you are selfish...you have so much on your plate right now it's a wonder you manage to do any personals at all! It's a bummer about the windiness - you could try some of that beano enzyme stuff and see if that helps?

**Labour vibes for Noni** from here too! (not that I'm very good at it).

BTW I forgot to share my woohoo moment of the week "The Eagle has Landed". Yep we have borrowed a first communion dress from the lady who runs OSHC - H often helps her and I think she has a bit of a soft spot for her. It is a bit 'dated' BUT DD loves it and it's got long sleeves so more appropriate for the weather & occasion & it's a perfect fit. Now we only have to find some shoes.

Oh dear, better go, Missy E is having some sort of meltdown.

ETA just wanted to add, - Clare have been thinking about you all week (in case you are reading but not posting)

H-2007 season oobi was really small but they seemed to sort it out for 2008 season- so the sizes were more generous.
    don't worry, people are always making comments to me too about jimmy being a chubber!
    idk about either of those strollers. i have a maclaren vogue

I had a quick look at them H and they are marketing the quinny as the smallest stroller folded up and ideal for travel, so I would probably go for that one as it seems like it will suit your needs better. Don't worry about what that lady said about M, they are what they are - you can't make a toddler fat kwim?

I forgot MD! so terrible of me!. That's super great that you found a dress for H - I wouldn't worry that it's not the current season's dress - she loves it and that's all that matters. May the force be with you on The Great Shoe Hunt - I'm on it too for the girls for this wedding.

Hmmmmm what colour Marilyn dress to buy?????

Noni sending you loads and loads of labour vibes!!!

What a shame we cant all have a girly day and go and see my sisters keeper together.

MD woo hooo on the dress.

Trillian lucky A, its great when all their presents are done though isn't it. I love that their birthdays are just after the toy sales lol.

Mm no idea on the prams, I have seen the Quinny one around, maybe try M in one if you can. Not that M is big but they look rather small so you might not get lots out of it??? I have no clue though lol.

Rainy your so bad, if this baby is a girl DH is going to need a second job!!! LMAO

MArilyn dress eh? Is it too 'girly' for my girls rainy???

PAP- I think i would be be really excited about PNG. It would be a massive change and our lifestyle would certainly be different, but i think it would also be a wonderful life experience. I said to Hubby the other day, "We're not going to be lying on our death beds talking about the cushy farm job we had, but i might be telling stories of the trials and tribulations of living in a developing country". If we didn't have kids, i would have been there yesterday, no hesitation, because of the kids i have been thinking more about it and what would happen if they got sick etc. But doing a bit of reading the medical facilities seem good, and it is only about an hours flight to Australia.
    Yes it is a more dangerous place to live than here, but i have lived in the Caribbean where safety was a massive issue too. I used to catch a taxi the 100m from the bar to the boat if it was dark. So it is not totally new to me.
    Dunno...... what do you girls think. Are we mad??? We'd be back in 2-3 years, so before Lu started school..... They have two international school in the compound with a kinda, so she wont miss out.

Trill- i can't believe you have the pressies all sorted!! i want a ride on tractor, how cool!

Nonie- i'll be sending the eviction notice soon. I really think the acupuncture helped me.....

MM- i have the Mclaren too, sorry never seen the others. We took the maclaren to Fiji. I love it. It reclines, is so easy to maneuver. highly recommend them.

I need to go to bed! night all xxx

Oh and btw, Lu's counting wasn't a fluke (as i suspected it might be. ), she does it often now, but she misses 7 most of the time?! What's that all about?? She wont do it if a ask her, but she'll do it when she is playing on her own. At least hubby has heard her, so someone believes me.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast