Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody else have a stretched vagina after giving birth?

My post is intact as I posted it, the other one must have been over the top!

It's nice to read other's stories...I got a bit freaked out last night.

It's only been 3.5 weeks since I had #3....after the other two, I was quite sore and swollen and stitched up and didn't feel like DTD until months afterwards. This time, from day 2 onwards I have felt normal - no swelling or pain, and the stitches came out by themselves by about day 10. So last night we were feeling a bit frisky and decided that seeing my body and hormones seem to be telling me it's ok, we'd give it a burl. Well it didn't happen. We tried, but failed. It didn't hurt, there was plenty of natural lube etc....it's just that it feels stretched out - both of us could barely feel anything. Anyone had it happen quite like this? I think perhaps it might be just a little to early for my muscles? Not sure...

I would just like to update and say that after my last post of freaking out everything is a-ok.....we waited another week, I did pelvic floor excersises like crazy and when we tried again it was all good...in fact, to my surprise/joy/shock/wonder, hubby said it actually feels TIGHTER now that it was before, which I can back up - to me it feels even better. So there you go

Glad to hear you have a happy ending!

Glad to hear you and your man are 'tight!' If you'll pardon the pun!

Merry chrissy everybody!

Default Pelvic Floor after delivery

Hi, I am a physiotherapist who works specifically in Women's Health (pelvic floor and pregnancy) up on the gold coast. If your feeling that your vagina is stretched and you are getting a heaviness/dragging sensation it is the first symptom of a prolapse. It is best to be reviewed by your obstetrician or GP, and book in with a Pelvic Floor Physio. Even when you are doing your PF exercises the majority of women are doing them incorrectly, and these are the muslces that will tighten your vagina and support against prolapses. It is imperative that you are informed about these exercises in your child bearing years, especially if you have signs of a prolapse and/or you leaking urine at any time other then going to the bathroom. The earlier you get onto these problems the easier they tend to be sorted out.

Omg wish BellyBelly was around when I was having my 1st baby.

I had a normal pregnancy but a terrible labour (pushing for 3 hours before they got a dr) and ended up in theatre (under a GA) having an episiotomy from hell. I did suffer from a cervical prolapse that seemed to clear up, had problems with my bowels as I was too good at pushing (now have haemaroids sp), but I could never get my pelvic floor muscles to work properly after that. I saw a physio and she told me I was using my tummy muscles instead lol so I had super strong tummy muscles but no p/f ones. It was only after my 3rd that I had it checked properly and the gynie found that my p/f muscles weren't even attached to each other. After the episiotomy they didn't stitch me back up right so all that time that I was trying to do my p/f's ..........aaarrrgghhhh. Any way in 2005 I had repair surgery to pull the muscles back together but to tell the truth I still have trouble doing my p/f's. I still feel huge down there and I've had 2 more kids since the repair surgery and the 4th one was a vag birth with only a small tear so I must have been enormous before the surgery lol. I know the difference between what I was pre babies and now and it is not good. I still have phobias about myself down there but DF is ok with me. I have areas that are numb so enjoying DTD is on and off. I don't have any incontinent problems but just wish I could control the muscles like I used to. Could drive them wild with the clenching lol.

Sorry if it hasn't answered anyones questions but thank you for letting me get it out there. Have kept this to myself for over 15 years now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123