Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavy periods after baby

boobearprints Guest

wow mine. wow have been so weird and heavy like in my thread i posted, my first real period lasted 21 days YUP 21 days. and im still havng problems. but it was so heavy i was soaking a pad every hour. i saw drs gynos and had unltrasounds. all came back fine. its just my body bein weird after my 3rd baby and being a c section. i was told its common for c section womens body take 2/3 periods to ajust and your very first period is meant to be very yucky...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Just thought I would update things on this thread. I got so over it that I went back to see my doctor. I brought up the D&C thing, which he thought was overkill, but I went away and thought about it for a while. Then I got speaking to Divvy one night chatting about things and something unrelated she said twigged with me, I decided I would go back to the doctor and ask to go onto the pill for a short time. I hate the pill, but I hate heavy, irregular periods more. I would sometimes get them a week early etc which was not fun, especially a week early on the day we arrived in Vanuatu, for our January holiday I was so upset as I wanted to swim heaps.

Anyway, I have been on the pill for one cycle and I am really, really wrapped. Using super tampons (and/or super pads) is overkill... I don't need them anymore. It's been heaps more managable and this cycle also co-incided with the arrival of some bamboo velour pads I ordered so I was able to try them out in case I had probs with my cycle still. So yeah, about to start my second cycle and really happy with the outcome. I just hope when I stop the pill everything will be fixed!!! Don't like taking things like the pill, prefer to be au naturale
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Exclamation HELP!!!

I had a baby 10 months ago and breast fed for 7 it took about 2 months for me to get my peroids back, my first one was normal but now i have them every 2 weeks sometimes only a few days inbetween bleeds and they are heavy. Im quite worries or is this also 'normal'

Julz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12