View Poll Results: How long after giving birth did you wait before DTD?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-2 Weeks

21 9.05%
  • 2-4 weeks

59 25.43%
  • 4-6 weeks

36 15.52%
  • 6-8 weeks

52 22.41%
  • 8-12 weeks

29 12.50%
  • More than 12 weeks

35 15.09%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How long after giving birth did you DTD?

Let just say, i have a very patient DH!
    We are yet to DTD since Jesse was born 3 months ago due to a LONG episiotomy recovery, AF arriving and then OB silver nitrate fix ups i just havent been able to physically do it. Im hoping AF hurrys up and leaves but its been around for 2 weeks now and who knows what obsticle will come in my way next!

I think we waited about 4-5 weeks. I was soooo scared it was going to hurt! Or that, i don't know, my insides were going to fall out or something lol.

ummmmm in the hospital - in the shower - oops it had been a very long and bumpy pg and DH roomed in
    couldn't wait even to leave the hosptial - very naughty!!

I waited til after my 6 wk checkup with DS#1, coz I had a very traumatic birth, episiotomy with a 3rd degree tear and I haemoraged. I was petrified and it hurt so now I am working up the courage to DTD soon as its now 6 wks after DS#2 and my DH is getting a bit toey.

Silvia Guest

We waited 1 week with Reny,4 days with Reth and the same day with Rory, DH couldn't wait!
    But al of my births wnet smoothly, the longest was of 50min, so it was no problem here, no pain not even with DD#1

DH and i want to DTD but like everyone said. im scared too!!

I a pretty sure we waited 6 weeks or so because of the increased risk of pulmonory embolism (a low risk I know, but we are both scuba divers so have an in-built fear of this anyway)

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fee View Post
    Hmmm well DS is nearly 4 months and we still have not DTD. We did attempt once but I freaked out that it was going to hurt.
    Well it's 6 months now and still nothing. I have decided that I need to see my OB again about being re-cut and re-stitched.

Hurt too much till 4 months. DH hopes it's not that long 2nd time round.

We ended up DTD after 3 weeks.....and it didnt hurt at all.

we did it at 3 weeks but had to stop coz i found it uncomfy, my bits were still swollen!!!! then we were told we should wait til our 6 week check up, but after reading this, i dont think so!!!!

Its been just over 8 weeks, and I am such a wimp.. so we havent even tried yet.

I am at the two week mark and I am still too sore but very keen. Hopefully in a week or so. We have started other stuff though....

After DD it was over 3 months before i was scared it would hurt. After DS it was about 2 months because i was just too tired to try.

Would have been after one week if it were up to me, but we were then re-admitted to hospital, when we got out there was no contraception in the house, then houseguests it was 4 weeks 1 day! Neither of us were happy about that.

First attempt was 4-weeks after a c/s ... it hurt too much, so we never ended up finishing.
    DTD properly (all the way to the finish line ) at the 5-week mark.

Well, it was about 9-10 weeks after my c/s, as my wound reopened up in 3 places on the outside (and apparently according to the obgyn, the inside stitching reopened up too) so we waited till the all clear from my doctor.
    Although my abdomen was not too tender,,,, it was painful, and the 2 times since we have dtd have also been a little painful.

lifescholar Guest

Hm.....11 months!! LOL, not that I had a real choice, though....I'm single!

I didn't vote, because it doesn't really count, but I think if I was in a relationship, I would have been okay at about 7 weeks PP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast