View Poll Results: How long after giving birth did you wait before DTD?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-2 Weeks

21 9.05%
  • 2-4 weeks

59 25.43%
  • 4-6 weeks

36 15.52%
  • 6-8 weeks

52 22.41%
  • 8-12 weeks

29 12.50%
  • More than 12 weeks

35 15.09%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How long after giving birth did you DTD?

Ten days with Alex, and seventeen with Ned. Was longer with Ned because I got a nasty case of thrush after some major antibiotics and anti-viral drugs on Day 3 postpartum, so was on doctor's orders to wait an extra week.

Mine were both c/s though.

We waited 18 days...so nearly 3 weeks, i fell pg again week 6/7!!

Was the best thing ever!

Wow I think it would have been close to 3 months after having the girls.After pushing out 2 babies I was'nt too eager to DTD

Smile

We waited until the end of the second week, mainly because we were apart all that week though. I had a c-s, I don't think I would have dtd that soon otherwise.

Well it's been almost four months for us, and I'm only just beginning to contemplate it! My episiotomy has taken ages to heal, with granuloma removal and silver nitrate etc so I haven't been brave enough. Think I might go there soon though, DH is getting quite toey! I think I just want to get it over and done with now, and know if it's going to hurt or not, but I really have no interest in DTD itself. I feel like a bad wife!

sez sounds exactly like me an DH!!!! dont feel bad they get over it!!
    took us a while too, i was too scared

AAAAGGGGEESSSS!

We tried at about 6wks but there was no way I was going there just not interested and not comfortable. Took us ages and ages before it was comfortable I found that BF sucked all spare moisture out of my body and there was none left for down there!

If I remember rightly it was only recently that I got my vagina back and I was so excited I posted about it in my belly buddies!

LOL...Dh just read the poll results and is now aiming to be in the top 10%...I'm guessing he means the 0-2 weeks...think we should get pregnant first!!!!

I could only keep DH at bay till right after my 6 week check up. We droped dd off at my mum's and spend the whole afternoon "snuggeling" in each others arms!

wow, some of u have dtd-ed quite early...i'm assuming that ur lochia finished quite fast. i'm terrified and ella is 3w4d now and i'm sure if i wanna even try. was just telling dh how petrified i am abt it. heck thinking abt it and i can already feel the pain!! :P my lochia is finishing i think but am just taking my time at the mo coz just when i think i'm done, i see red again. blah!

Quote Originally Posted by alisando01 View Post
    Hurt too much till 4 months. DH hopes it's not that long 2nd time round.
    We r @ 3 wks now n doc says wait til lochia finishes. much less tearing n bruising this time so think as soon as have blood free day....

Is it possible 4 me 2 re-vote on the poll wen we do?
    Last edited by alioops; September 6th, 2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: wanted 2 add last line

Enchanted Guest

6 weeks and 2 days for us! (Today!)

I was petrified but it was all ok in the end

LOL Danielle!!

We attempted it for the second time today, and it was a success!

I can't actually remember when we did, I think i've been supressing the memory LOL. I think it was around 5 weeks with both, both were c-section and I remember it hurt around my scar pretty bad even though DH was pretty gentle. I also remember being uncomfortable and not too sexy because my boobs were leaking the whole time hehe.
    Poor guy only get some once a month if that when i'm pregnant too, i get too uncomfortable

Umm....is 7 days too soon

no and I'm Jealous!!

I want to but I don't at the same time.. We barely go to bed at the same time as it is at the moment. Princess knows just when mummy is ready for a sleep

It took a while for my stitches to go away, I think they dissapeared at around 5 weeks. We didn't have very successful sex until about 8 weeks after bubs birth. We did however have, well, sex, just not vaginal . . .

TMI I know roflmao

It's been 2 weeks since my sons birth no stitches or tears. My husband is already asking to try and i'm scared it will hurt. I've still got a bit of pain and tenderness down below, i need to forget the pain i went through first before he goes near me. I want to dtd and since the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy it was very uncomfortable so i want it all to go back to what it was beforehand.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast