Thread: The Shape of a Mother - Images of Real Women

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default The Shape of a Mother - Images of Real Women

The Shape of a Mother

This is a brilliant website.

It is my dream, then, to create this website where women of all ages, shapes, sizes and nationalities can share images of their bodies so it will no longer be secret. So we can finally see what women really look like sans airbrushes and plastic surgery. I think it would be nothing short of amazing if a few of our hearts are healed, or if we begin to cherish our new bodies which have done so much for the human race. What if the next generation grows up knowing how normal our bodies are? How truly awesome would that be?

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Awesome site.

Its really nice to know im not alone.. obviously i knew i wouldnt be, but i always get so hung up on how my body is now and how its not and prob waont ever be the same. But growing a baby and giving birth is such an amazing thing, that a few minor changes are a small price to pay
    so so worth it xx

I think all mums need to see this. I used to hate my stretch marks until one of my friends, who was 21 and just beautiful, commented she wished she had some. Horrified I asked her why and she answered, 'it would be my badge of honour as I would have a beautiful little baby like yours'. She desperately wanted babies but had to wait. She now has a beautiful 18 month boy and is so proud of her post bub body.

Since that day I have started changing the way I feel about my post bubs body and am now starting to wear it as a badge of honour for having two beautiful children.

This is amazing kelly

Thankyou Kelly for bringing this site to our attention. A wonderful site - everyone should see it.

Thanks, I really needed this right now x

Thank you, Thank you!!! I really needed this after attempting to buy new jeans yesterday and crying in the change rooms .

This site is awesome!!
    I will be sending my photos in once bubs is born. It is so important for us to know that we are beautiful even after our bodies have been stretched and scarred by birth.

I just submitted my story to this!!

I love this site! I look at it when I am feeling particularly horrendous and disgusted with myself and I feel a little better. Maybe I should submit my story too..........

Do it!! It felt sooo good to have my story out there.

Here is mine:
    Skinny, fat and somewhere in between! (Bex) | The Shape of a Mother