View Poll Results: When did your period return after baby?

Voters
263. You may not vote on this poll
  • First month after the birth

41 15.59%
  • 2-3 months

75 28.52%
  • 3-6 months

50 19.01%
  • 6-9 months

37 14.07%
  • 9-12 months

32 12.17%
  • 12-18 months

17 6.46%
  • 18 months +

11 4.18%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When did your period return post baby?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default When did your period return post baby?

Let's kick off this brand new section with a poll - which is about a very commonly asked question!

Remembering that every person is different, so there is no right or wrong answer, when did your period return post baby? Personally I have chatted with women who have had their period return the very next month following birth, and on the other hand, those who have not had a period for 18-24 months (more commonly I hear about this from breastfeeders).

As with all polls on BellyBelly, you can vote totally anonymously and do not need to leave a comment if you so wish. If you are concerned about the return or lack of your period post baby, please see your Ob/Midwife/GP for further investigation.

Don't forget to check out the BellyBelly article on Your Period and Ovulation After Baby.

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

I'm having cramps but not AF yet....two days of cramps...Matilda's 5 months

Melinda Guest

Considering that Jacob has been on formula since he was about 5 days old, I would have thought that I would have had my cycle return, but it hasn't! And I still have breastmilk!!! The OB did say that I could be waiting for a long time regardless, so who knows what is happening LOL. I have very painful ovulation and could swear that I've had that pain twice, but no AF.........hmmmm

Olivia was fully breastfed for 6 months, but AF returned within 2 months.......straight back to a 29 day cycle.............

justthinking Guest

Is this after birth or after weaning?

after birth justthinking

I really can't remember with Kameron it was many moons ago LOL, with Lachlan I bled for 11wks straight finally stopped after a course of antibiotics and then period return 5wks later making Lachlan 16wks old

Love

layla Guest

After both my kids AF returned after 5-6 weeks! :evil:
    My babies were fully breastfed so I was a bit ripped off I think. I expected a few months off at least!

Five months after Alex (or so)
    Went back on the pill straight after my m/c so don't really know!

I started back on the pill at around 14 weeks. Not sure if AF had come back yet or not as I was bleeding on and off for at least the first 10 weeka after birth.

with my first son i think it was when i fully weaned him at 18 months and with second he was 2 and a half but he wasn't fully weaned but mainly. hope it stays away that long this time

Beckles

Well after cramping for 2 & half weeks its showed up!! AF started today... grrr I don't enjoy it at all....

baby_mama Guest

Mine started quite soon after I had Jacinta. I thought that I was still bleeding from after giving birth. That period lasted for quite some time as well. Approximately 3-4 weeks. I was upset about getting it but also felt relieved.

I am 9wks post partum and worried because mine has yet to return. I am always regular and I get ovulation pain. I slowed breastfeeding at 3weeks due to lack of supply and stopped completely at 6wks. I got ovulation pain at 6wks but still no AF. Hubby and I aren't worried about when I fall pregnant again as we both want more children so we haven't been using any contraception and I'm wondering if it's normal not to bleed for so long when not breastfeeding or if I might be PG again. I took a test about 4 days ago....it was neg, but that may have been too soon to be accurate. Anyone with any thoughts??

Nicholas was 10 weeks when i got AF, it came back 1 week after i stopped breastfeeding.

It's been 5 weeks since i gave birth and I stopped bleeding 10 days after birth. Still waiting on AF to return. Also stopped B/F after 2 days. Wonder how long it'll be...Had very irregualr cycles though, last between 14-49 days

Well wouldn't you know.....AF turned up today! 1 month, 5 days after birth. Thought i'd have at least another month off...but oh well, you get that.

AF came back almost 3 months to the day but she's totally differant. I had hardly any cramping \/ even though the bleeding seemed heavier.

beck.o Guest

i breastfed angus until he was 1 year old and my period came back after around 9 months.

beck

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast