Thread: Slow to start AF...anyone else?

Default Slow to start AF...anyone else?

So, following on from thread earlier in the year about crazy cycles post baby HERE I have also been noticing that on many (not all!) that I can experience really slow starting AFs. It drives me crazy! Every.Single.Time i freak out that it is implantation bleeding lol.

Does anyone else get this?

It's usually sporadic spotting for two whole days of mostly old blood, and then a normal AF. it is really weird and I do worry that my ol' uterus is not doing its job properly of getting it all out (i have a history of endo...so minor freak out at that thought lol).

Default Re: Slow to start AF...anyone else?

Yes - since cycle returning after DS I think (or maybe since finishing BF I can't remember) AF is nearly always very slow to start, sometimes it is 4 days before it really starts - but the 'normal' AF is then shorter. Pre children I recall AF being heavier at the beginning and taking a while to tail off - but now it is like the reverse - it starts slow but tails off quicker.

I haven't freaked out about it being an implantation bleed because DH has had the snip, so the chances would be extremely small but it had crossed my mind so I know exactly where you are coming from on that front.

It had never really occurred to me that might not be normal - I have no history of endo or any other similar problems.

I get this but sometimes mine is 7days of spotting!!!!!! It is infuriating and when ttc always think it is implantation too grrrr.

I have had it on and off all my life, can vary from not happening to the extreme of a week of spotting. I have asked a lot of Drs and no one has ever given me an answer. Most just say you can't do anything about it.

Now I am not ttc, it isn't as annoying, I just try to ignore it, but you go through a lot of panty liners.

Yep, me. I got AF back on #3's first birthday and it has been wonky ever since but is getting better. I have had quite a few times when there is a heap of blood when I wipe so I think it is AF but then there is nothing more until a couple of days later. I mentioned it to the Dr and he just said that cycles can get odd the older you get.

Mine are like that now too. I think it's normal as you get older and head into peri-menopause or even if you have progesterone issues. Mines a combination of getting older and getting PCOS

It happens to me as well.

Bingo! Me too. I thought it was just me, and meds and gee I've thought of so many things to blame it on but now it sounds like its quite normal. Phew!
    My cycles have gotten shorter too. From 27 down to usually 24 days.

Yep, I've had this very noticeably. Since DD2 my cycles have never been the same. But, all the same, worth mentioning to your lady things doctor if it's a significant change for you. Mine sent me for blood tests & ultrasounds at one point, just to make sure everything was okily dokily.

oh i am so relieved that others experience this too! mine used to be heavy at first and taper off until it was all over red rover (pardon the puns hahaha).

it just sets me right on edge as we are not TTC and being that this is a relatively new world for me...each month is scary hahaha