Thread: Please pray, or just send some love...

Default Please pray, or just send some love...

A friends little boy was mauled by a dog today. He's just gone into surgery.
    Its serious, but not life threatening from what I can see.

He's got puncture wounds & scratches on one side of his face & head So glad its not more serious, but surgery is never simple...

Please just send some thoughts to them.

Sending all the positive thoughts and feelings I can for the precious boy and his family

Prayers are with the little boy.

He's out of surgery, back on the ward doing well. Snoring away.
    Thanks guys x

Hope he continues to improve. Prayers are with him, his family and all the friends.

He's so lucky. Just saw a post surgery photo of him all cleaned & stitched up.
    If the bigger cut above his ear had gone any further forward it could've been much, much worse.
    Wow.

The dog was a family pet. His uncle's dog, they were visiting her mum when it happened. The dog has been around for about 5 years & spent time with the kids over the past 3.5 years, on & off, since this little man was born. People please, please do not leave your kids alone with any dog. I don't even know if he was alone or supervised, but it goes to show that anything can happen. Animals can be unpredictable, no matter how well you know them.

I'm just thanking God that he's alive. I used to baby sit his mum & uncles when they were kids. You can never be too careful xx

Default Please pray, or just send some love...

Sending all the positive vibes I can, hope he is ok and recovers quickly xo

Poor little boy. How frightening. Hoping he recovers quickly

I am glad he is doing alright, I hope he continues to get better and is not hurting to much.

How scary for him, praying for a speedy recovery.

Regards,
    Dianne

so glad he's ok! what sort of dog was it?

He's a cross breed. I'm not even sure what type of dog he is. Bull mastiff cross maybe? One of the bigger breeds.
    I'm not even sure I'm thinking of the right dog, but from memory he's a big boy.

They've left hospital & are on their way back home. He's not showing any signs of being in pain yet, so sounds like he's doing great.

Let's not discuss the kind of dog it was please.

I hope and pray this dear little boy will make a full and speedy recovery. Sendng my best wishes and love to he and his family and friends. X

Quote Originally Posted by Netix View Post
    Let's not discuss the kind of dog it was please.
    Why not? I think it's a relevant question to ask and was not asking to open a debate.

Clover didn't have an issue answering the question so why is there an issue? If you don't want to discuss it then don't, leave it at that

I agree that the breed of the dog isn't really relevant, except that it shows just how lucky the child was, given that it was a big dog.

Every dog is dangerous. I just looked at a top 10 list of dangerous dogs. Pit bull isn't at the top, and rotty, german shepard, staffy, labrador, kelpie, terriors & cattle dogs are all on that list. Its a 1 - 10 list of dog attack numbers.

I'm not into dog breed discrimination. I have a cross breed staffy myself.

I'm thankful that the little boy is okay. I hope he doesn't grow up afraid of dogs (or other animals) as a result. How terribly frightening for all of his family. My heart goes out to the dog owner as well, they must be feeling absolutely terrible right about now.

I would never leave a child unattended with a dog (large or small breed). Both children and animals can be unpredictable.

As an aside. I agree with Netix that the breed of the dog is not the issue. FWIW I was viciously attacked by a maltese terrier through no provocation at all yet people cross the street to avoid our Bullmastiff who has a very mild temperament.

Jaycee; I realise you weren't asking to open a debate, and I am sorry if you read it like that.

I think any breed of dog, large or small, can be fatal, and I was merely trying to suggest that we concentrate our thoughts on the future recovery of this little boy. For what its worth, I own the dog that's not at the top of that list.

My sincerest apologies to anyone who may have misread my intentions. x