View Poll Results: Which religion do you follow?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christianity

54 45.00%
  • Islam

5 4.17%
  • Buddism

3 2.50%
  • Judaism

2 1.67%
  • Paganism

11 9.17%
  • Hinduism

2 1.67%
  • Not religious

31 25.83%
  • Other

12 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which religion do you follow?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Which religion do you follow?

A general poll to see which religion BellyBelly members follow. This is an interest poll only, please no debate.

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I am Catholic, born into a strongly Catholic family and was very devout through my childhood and into my teens. I then married a Muslim man and I didn't practise for a long time, but came back to the church maybe 5 years ago, a couple of years after my divorce. I had a major crisis of faith during my time undergoing IVF, but have found peace with my religion now.

Forgive me Sushee, as I am not religious - but does that mean there is no category for you to vote or does a Catholic fall into one of those categories?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I voted Christian Kel though there are those who will say that that's not the same thing. I don't see it as different myself.

I follow the Catholic religion as well....but i dont class that as any of the options...

I dont follow it strongly...but thats my religion ive grown up as.

All my kids will be Anglican, i was married in Anglican church too. DH is Anglican thats why we went this way.

Jodie259 Guest

I voted "not religious" - although I was christened as a baby, and as per usual in the 60's/70's I was sent to sunday school etc. for a number of years. But I can't remember the last time I went into a church.

I don't know the difference between Agnostic and Athiest. From my impression one is "don't believe in anything" and the other is "not commited to a religion but open to there being a higher thing"...
    I would be the 2nd of those.

I'm married to an Israeli Jew - who was born and bred in Jerusalem. He's not (ultra) religous, but I respect his faith very much. As I am not Jewish, our children are not recognised as Jews... but I really hope that they will take up the Jewish faith.

I voted 'other'.I was brought up Anglican and went to sunday school/church until I was about 16. After that I guess I kind of lost interest really. I still do believe alot of what is part of the Anglican and Christian faiths, but I have also taken alot out of other faiths and it is now all a mix of different things that I believe...I don't have any hard belief in one faith.

I voted Christian but I also follow some of the ideals of Buddhism. I was christened Presbyterian, went to Methodist Sunday school and follow aspects of the Catholic faith now. I also have beliefs in a type of spiritualism that doesn't really fit into any category

I voted other because my religion is not listed and I do not follow it to any recognisable degree. However my job fits well with my religion.

I was brought up Catholic but now define my religion as Spiritualism, so I put 'other'.

I put myself in the 'Other' category...

My spirituality is of my own design... its personal, and I don't feel that I need to follow any set religion.
    Although I do have a definite interest in Buddhism which I find resonates with me...

Sometimes I think it is sad to see Christianity broken down into so many different denominations. I am Christian, and tend to feel more comfortable in a Baptist setting, but I do not class myself as Baptist unless forced to pick. I've also been very happy attending churches of other denominations, and feel that there's something to be gained in all of them.

I guess I'm having one of those moments where I wish Christians of different denominations would focus more on unity - what they have that is the same, rather than what makes them different from others. If you get down to the core elements of what someone who is Catholic believes (unless I am misinformed), they are not separate from the rest of Christianity.

BW

I am a Buddhist. Raised as spiritual, but no specific religion.

Jodie: you are right....
    Agnostic: not commited to a religion but open to there being a higher thing
    Athiest: don't believe in anything

Kelly, not meaning to be picky, but I think Jehovah's Witnesses would classify themselves as Christian, ie they believe in God and Christ and that is the cornerstone of their teachings. My parents were once JWs, so I feel I can speak with some degree of authority.

I would have though JW was Christian too... just as Seventh Day Adventists or Mormons are for example.

I'm not religious, was not christianed or raised in a religious family and have no intention to join a belief system but I would say I'm culturally Christian (love Christmas time!). I would also say I'm fairly swayable to spiritual possibilities and I follow a buddist 'path of enlightenment' sort of philosophy.

Okay I will remove it - like I mentioned I am not religious so I have no idea LOL
    Kelly xx

I am not religious either, I just have my own beliefs not any set rules.I see, hear, feel and sense things and that is all I go by. So I dont have a religion I have beliefs!

i always assumed that being a catholic, meant that i was christian. I didnt realise that the catholic's classified them selves as different.
    I was baptised Anglican when i was a baby, but, in order to go to a catholic boarding school, when i was in year 6, i was 'rebaptised' catholic.

I believe that there is a greater being, and that there is a heaven. But, i also believe the story of evolution. I also believe that the breakdown in the community, and the increase of drugs, bashings, murders, crime etc etc, and overall lack of respect and ethics of the younger generation is a result of the lack of religion. Not necessarily christianity, but, just religion - or faith. Lose of a sense of community i guess. The breakdown, or lose of religion/belief has created an every man for himself type senario.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast