Thread: What religion?

Default What religion?

What religion are you and why?
    What do you brlieve makes your religion "the one"

Im not wanting a debate/arguement just answers to a few questions ive been thinking about

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I love the quote from the beginning of Eat Pray Love.

“In the end, what I have come to believe about God is simple. It’s like this–I used to have this really great dog. She came from the pound. She was a mixture of about ten different breeds, but seemed to have inherited the finest features of them all. She was brown. When people asked me, “What kind of dog is that?” I would always give the same answer: “She’s a brown dog.” Similarly, when the question is raised, “What kind of God do you believe in?” my answer is easy: “I believe in a magnificent God.”
    I don't think my religion is "right" but I believe it is right for me. I was brought up in a Pentecostal/born again church - left the church for many years and have recently found a wonderful community based baptist church that I love. I believe in the Bible, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I think searching for a spiritual home is really important and as I have had the kids, my yearning to have a basis of faith for myself and them has been really important. My DH on the other hand is an atheist, but he was the one who encouraged me to go back to church last year when I was struggling emotionally and spiritually!

What an amazing quote!

Great isn't it?!!! I would add - "I believe in a magnificent God who loved us so much, he sent his son to die so we could live" - That's the Tanstar adaptation

DH is an athiest too and a bit "put off" by my latest discovery but it really feels like the link ive been missing

I don't really prescribe to any one religion.

I believe there its more than we can see, there are spirits (I've seen a couple), and there is a higher power. I believe that if I do my best to be a decent person, do the right thing given the information I have and make decisions based on good moral standards, then I will be rewarded in the afterlife/ when my soul is reincarnated.

I sit under the umbrella term of Pagan, I call myself a Witch, a Sorcerer. I believe in deity and balance. I have been raised in this way since birth, it is how I was brought up and over the years it has evolved to be more suited to me. It is just the way I live my life.

And to answer the question "are you a good or evil witch", I have a foot firmly planted in both the left hand path and the right hand path, so am neither good nor evil, I do what needs to be done.

Oh yes, to make it even more interesting, I was born of a Jewish woman (as was my mother), so therefore am Jewish.