Thread: 6 year old first wobbly tooth and redness

Default 6 year old first wobbly tooth and redness

My daughter has her first wobbly baby tooth. its been wobbly for a week and a half now and it has not loosend to the point of hanging by a thread or anything. to me it doesn't look as if it is going to fall out by itself any time soon. the thing I am worried about though is that she says every now and then that it is sore. is this normal? also the gum directly underneath it is redend. is this normal? or is there some sort of infection happening? obviously cant get to the dentist until after Christmas now. I guess I could try to get in Monday but if its not an emergency I would like to save the money if I can. so basically is this the normal process of a tooth falling out? I cant remember.

Some of my kids teeth were wobbly for a couple of weeks before they came out. I'd say the redness could either be caused by her playing with it or the tooth underneath coming up. Tell her to keep wobbling it, it will come out.

I'm not sure about the redness, but I clearly remember wobbly teeth being sore.

Yep pretty normal...well here it is anyway. DD1 seems to get wobbly teeth for ages (sometimes as long as months) before they fall out. The dentist here tells me that's her normal.

Make sure that although sore and wobbly, that she brushes it gently but well, food may be getting caught around the gum, I'd also floss around it too