Thread: Adult tooth growing through the side of gum

Default Adult tooth growing through the side of gum

Ok so DD has her adult top molar next to her eye tooth coming through but her baby tooth is still there- abet its starting to become loose.
    The adult tooth is visable as its coming down right up high in her gum - its poking out a bit through her gum - looks like she has a grain of rice stuck to the top of her gum above her baby tooth, but it is the adult tooth coming through
    I took to her to an orthodontists a year ago as she has a crossbite and he said she will need braces down the track
    now what do I do??
    Leave it and see what nature does?
    Dentist?
    Orthodontists?
    It is starting to bother her but i think because it feels wierd and she plays with it in her mouth lol
    what to do????

Adult teeth are designed to push baby teeth out/out of the way, it will move more into position as it comes down. There is no reason why you cant get your dentists opinion but if she already needs braces pulling the baby tooth may on add stress and anxiety to her. It is normal

thanks love - was so hoping you saw this thread
    you are a gem!
    thank you!!!

No worries darl, I'd say that even if the baby tooth was out that it ould have erupted the same as it sounds like its a space issue rather than the tooth being in the way issue ITMS

Keep an eye on the baby tooth though... DD1's adult teeth pushed her 2 top front baby teeth forward, but her baby teeth refused to come out. The were just forced upwards... We ended up having to get the dentist to pull them. There was no choice. They only had to use numbing cream. They tried to get DD to pull them with a tissue, but she couldn't get hold properly, so they pulled them.

My DD1's mouth looked like a jack-o-lantern a few months ago and she had crooked teeth everywhere. SHe has huge issues with crowding and space and she had a 'lucky tooth' as she called it that was coming out of the side of her gum like your DD. Our dentist has been keeping an eye on her over the past 18 months and we thought for sure she'd need a plate, but he removed a heap of teeth and now they are all straightening up nicely. If it were me, I'd be asking for advice about perhaps removing some of her teeth to give the adult teeth room to come through. He may still want to wait, but it certainly wont hurt to check.