Thread: Any experience with teeth healing naturally

Default Any experience with teeth healing naturally

Hi all,

Am about to start the process of getting an implant. I have a baby tooth (no adult tooth exists for it), and it was going fine (although been filled a couple of times) until about a month ago, when some food got stuck up in the gum and a little (painless) infection started.

I really don't want to start the implant process - I have a new baby and right now have better things to do with $4500 (like eat!).

The dentist told me that the infection won't clear, and that the only option is to have the tooth out. But I've been thinking, if infections elsewhere in the body can heal, why not in the gums?

Has anyone had any experience with healing teeth naturally?

ulla11 Guest

Default healing teeth naturally

Quote Originally Posted by surprised View Post
    Hi all,

Am about to start the process of getting an implant. I have a baby tooth (no adult tooth exists for it), and it was going fine (although been filled a couple of times) until about a month ago, when some food got stuck up in the gum and a little (painless) infection started.

I really don't want to start the implant process - I have a new baby and right now have better things to do with $4500 (like eat!).

The dentist told me that the infection won't clear, and that the only option is to have the tooth out. But I've been thinking, if infections elsewhere in the body can heal, why not in the gums?

Has anyone had any experience with healing teeth naturally?
    Hi,

you will find a number of natural tooth and gum healing stories showing "hands-on" how people did it at Healing Teeth Naturally in the Testimonials section found under the "Natural" heading.

I would also advise to get very informed about the possible health consequences of implants, they can be very damaging...

Wishing you to make the best decisons...

Ulla11
    Last edited by Astrolady; August 1st, 2010 at 09:36 PM.

Default Experience with naturally healing teeth

Hi from what i've observed and learnt, i'm a dental assistant, it is highly unlikely that your tooth will heal itself. The tooth, unlike the body, does nt ha ve a great self healing capacity once it has had trauma (knock or injury) the nerve is quite fragile and once injured will usually died, sometimes slowly somtimes quick.
    Yes you can take antibiotics and this will make the infection subside for a time but it will always flair up again often if you are sick or stressed.
    I have a tooth that does that,which is root canal treated, it was fine for about 5-10 yrs, but then i had occasional tooth ache i talked to my dentist who i work for and trust, and talked about the implant option. He recommended that i keep my tooth as long as i can as i am fairly young 33 because once you extract a tooth the bone that was where your tooth was will recede away from the area and possibly effect adjacent teeth from the bone shrinkage .
    Anyway the quick answer is you must make sure you look at all options, find what suits you. So have a good c hat to your dentist see if he can do anything for you to keep your tooth longer, it may be difficult as baby teeth do have a shorter life span as they have short roots and are smaller in general and not as strong as adult teeth. So there may be no other option.
    But i wish you good luck..

Thanks so much for your reply - it was really helpful. I had a CT and the tooth needs to come out. Sigh. Let the implant bills begin.