Thread: ARRRGGGG..Help with wisdom tooth please.

Default ARRRGGGG..Help with wisdom tooth please.

Ok, so I have an inpacted wisdom tooth on the bottom RHS that is absolutely killing me. My whole right side is swollen and I can barely talk, eat etc. I went to the dentist today and she just said what I already knew, it needs to be removed surgically and gave me AB in the meantime. I am taking Panandol Rapid every 4hrs as well as putting sm-33 on it and doing salt water rinses. I had to sleep with an ice pack last night (not that I slept much). I was wondering what you took for pain relief, can I take something stronger while BF and any other remedies that helped please, i'm getting desperate!

TIA

Not sure there is much you can take while BF... Maybe send someone up to the pharmasist or phone your GP??/ Sorry... I know what your going through... I suffer terribly... Mine muck up when i'm preggas.

You poor thing! I had this last year, and eventually had all teeth pulled out. I found a numbing mouth rinse quite helpful, along with neurofen plus - I can't remember what it was called, but I basically just held some in my mouth where the pain was until it went completely numb, and that helped a lot. Your chemist should be able to help. If you aren't into pharmaceuticals, apparently pure clove essential oil has a numbing effect too. Good luck!

Hi,
    Clove oil is supposed to help numb things, but I'm not sure if it only works when you have a hole and exposed nerves.
    Try dabbing a cotton bud with some on it on the sore area if you can get hold of some?