Thread: Crooked baby teeth

Default Crooked baby teeth

My DD2 has her top teeth coming through. They are crooked. They are angled in slightly, kind of the opposite angle to what you would expect.

Anyone esle have/had a baby with crooked front teeth? Did they have straightened up when the other teeth came? I can see how a gap would close but i'm not sure about these straightening up.

Is it an indicator for crooked teeth as an adult?

Do i need to see a dentist or anything in the next few years? or is it just one of those things you have to wait and see.

Default Re: Crooked baby teeth

K also has crooked top teeth, So I'm interested in what people have to say as well.

Well they may just have to be crooked together Mo.

i think J's are slightly crooked too. just part of their quirky charm i reckon LOL

DD1's are crockered too but that probably due to when she sucked her thumb, i wouldnt be concerned at this stage though, they might straighten up as her jaw grows

DD2's teeth were a bit crooked at first, but they straightened as she got a bit older, around 2-3yo. Now all three older ones have hillbilly teeth they are all shockingly crooked and DS1 and DD1 had perfectly straight teeth as toddlers so I don't think there are any real rules about it kwim? I can see a lot of money being spent on dentists in this house in the next few years

DD1 had very crooked teeth even up to the age of about 7 - I think she was at least 8 or 9 before they started to straighten out. We were convinced she would need braces...

As they get older the jaw grows & they all seem to settle into place - and that's exactly what happened, thank goodness, cause I wasn't looking forward to braces!
    She now has quite nice teeth.

So I would give it a few years yet before you worry

HTH

A's are crooked but he is a prolific thumb sucker STILL!!!! I remember C's bottom teeth came through on quite an angle with the centre edge further back than the outer edge but they are nice and straight now.

Good to hear there are some other crooked kids out there.

Thanks for the replies. Guess we'll just wait and see!

Raven- DH's bro, sucked his thumb in his sleep well into his teens. He didn't do it consciously, but was hard habit to break!