Thread: electric toothbrushes?

Default electric toothbrushes?

Just wondering if there are age restrictions on electric toothbrushes? Could DD1 and DD2 be able to use them?

TIA

Definatly!! They have kids ones, just make sure they have a small head. You can get ones that play music as well

We just brought DD1 one. It was from Coles and is a Disney Princess one. She LOVES it! She wanted to spend all day brushing her teeth when we got it.

i would be a bit wary only because they can damage gums if they are too hard/rough/used too much.

Ds has a kids one with small head. The dentist recommended one to us, but can't remember the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks everyone!

Ive been wanting to get the girls one for ages but wasnt so sure whether they were too young for one. But now I keep an eye out for them.

They love brushing their teeth, and will brush them all day given the chance, but Im not completely confident on their brushing technique and when they let me brush their teeth they never give me enough time to brush them properly, so Im hoping an electric one will help

Yules- if you remember the brand would you mind letting me know?

Oh and I like the idea of getting a princess one, Im sure they would love them!

HotI- I was worried about damaging their gums, thats why I thought there was an age restrictions on them. I just want something that I can use with them that will clean better (and possibly faster) than I can do at the moment.

DS has one, and has since about 2.5 I think. He also has a normal toothbrush. He cleans his teeth 100% better with the electric one. Its a toddler one (from Woolworths) - I think it was an oral B

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Yes an electric toothbrush saved my sanity of fighting with DS1 daily to brush teeth!! He has a pooh bear one and loves it!! I was told not to use before 3 but ended up getting DS2 his own at age 2 as he kept stealing DS1's and not wanting to use his flashy light toothbrush with glitter in handle. He got a tigger one.

They both love using them and makes it much easier for me to get cooperation!

Thanks ladies! D

I figure I will find this out tomorrow when I go shopping for them, but are they rechargeable ones? Or do they use batteries? And how long does the brush part last? And when teh brush part is past its use by date, do you have to get an entire new toothbrush, or can you just get new brush parts? (ok so I might be asking too much from a childrens electric toothbrush! )

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

This does annoy me but the ones i have are about $15 and can change batteries but not brush heads so need to replace whole thing. So very annoying when kids chew on them!

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    This does annoy me but the ones i have are about $15 and can change batteries but not brush heads so need to replace whole thing. So very annoying when kids chew on them!
    Thanks Feeb
    The girls are shocking chewers on their toothbrushes, Im kinda hoping that maybe they wont chew them if they are on, so maybe give me a longer life span for the toothbrushes.