Thread: Fluoride tabs

Default Fluoride tabs

Anyone else remember having them? Can you still get them?
    I drink allot of water but it tends to be filtered so thinking I don't get much. Given all the probs I've had lately with my teeth thought it might help.

Fluoride is very poisonous, I know they put it in the water, but I don't think that's a good thing. Do a bit of googling before you decide to start taking them.

Default Re: Fluoride tabs

Filtering doesn't get rid of fluoride anyway. But I wouldn't be taking extra either and I wish it wasn't in my water.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZ15m-D_n8
    Last edited by Heaven; January 20th, 2013 at 09:15 PM.

I agree with ausgirl. Fluoride isn't good for you. I avoid it as much as possible.

Yep fluoride is poison! It's up there with aspartame in my book. Reverse Osmosis filtration get's rid of it in water. We only drink our filtered rain water from our tank and we use Weleda natural toothpaste without fluoride . I'm thankful that I didn't grow up with fluoride in our water and that DS will never have it either... Funny thing is that my dentist always tells me that I have great teeth and then goes on about how bad people's teeth are that don't have fluoride LOL He has no idea what my thoughts are on the subject! I'd say that it's more a case of eating crap food and not brushing properly! Whenever I've had to use colgate my teeth are sensitive after one brush, my mouth is dry and I get ulcers from it.

I think see your dentist and get professional advice regarding your teeth.

Fluroride can be naturally occurring in many water supplies and is actually naturally present in breastmilk.

BS, If you're a bit iffy about the value of extra fluoride, there is a product on the market called Tooth Mousse that contains a milk protein that remineralises your teeth, ie it actually makes the enamel on your teeth stronger. I used it for a while and it did wonders. In any case, if your teeth are poor you should be seeing the dentist pretty regularly so chat to them as it could be a case of just using a different toothpaste or getting your teeth cleaned more often.

I am pro fluoride, but I would be using a fluoride rinse rather than swallowing a tablet.

Lol... all this conflicting advice! You should ask a dentist you trust!

Default Re: Fluoride tabs

You can also get stronger toothpaste from your dentist if they think you need it. I don't believe that you can just get it over the counter I think they have to provide it and/or prescribe it.

Best bet is speak to your dentist and make sure there aren't other issues which are causing teeth issues.

We only got fluoride in our water supply here last year, and prior to that the dentist would just give us a mouth wash type thing at each yearly visit that was extra fluoride.